ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:24 pm
not too much black pepper, and you know where your salt is. ::wink::
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:34 pm
Strawberry Jam and black pepper??

Sounds surprisingly good. Maybe you should be putting this in the odd combination topic!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:39 pm
isssssssszzzzzzzzzzz very gouuuuuuuud
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 10:02 pm
You are funny!

Have fun tomorrow!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 10:14 pm
We will. Thanks, Piffka.

Think about plum sauce - hot and sweet. The strawberry jam with a bit of black pepper has a similar effect.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 03:52 am
Ok I´ll take a double strawberry jam and black pepper on the rocks.
Let´s see if it hits the spot.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:30 am
Funny, when I was a child my two older siblings would devise these terrible drinks to 'serve' to me and my little sister. We had a table set up and menus as well. THE one drink I remember was strawberry jam and pepper based.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:36 am
Really! That is amazing, probably they were close at hand, but still!!!

And what in the world were they doing... doing THAT to you? Where was your mother???

Kids can be among the meanest things in the world. They have no sense of proportion.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:14 am
I wanted to be "Woodstock" from Peanuts when I was a kid.
Then I fancied myself as "cheetah" from the Tarzan movies.Which goes to show I was a very silly child.
Oh..and slide me on down a Pimms would you bar man?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:53 am
The barkeep is currently on I-90, on his way to Cleo and Bailey, who are waiting on the sofa by the window.

I've got a spare key. Here ya go, hebba, can you pop behind the bar for a few? Thanks.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 05:08 pm
OK, I've been to see the relatives and have made it safely back home. Whew! Enough of that. I'm going to sit back here in the corner and read a book, let me see, which one should I choose? OK, I've been wanting to read this one for a long time. "Henry Miller, A Life," by Robert Ferguson. I hope it's a good one. I found it in a used book store in Los Angeles a couple of months ago. It's been waiting here in my "read next" pile in my library downstairs. Oh, and before I snuggle in, I'll fix myself a nice glass of champagne as a reward for a difficult job well done today, Thanksgiving, 2002.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 05:13 pm
Well, darlin', i drove through a 100 mile long, high speed, bumper-to-bumper traffic jam, broke out in northeast Ohio, crossed into Pennsylvania, and straight into a raging blizzard with frequent white outs--hoped to drive through it, and did--by the time i reached Buffalo, more than 100 miles later; the drive through Ontario in rush-hour was a piece of cake compared to that. Now i'm at Lovey's house, with two little dogs who are each trying to convince the other that he/she will rip his/her throat out. I don't think i have the energy to read . . . maybe i'll just turn on the tv and not watch . . .
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:28 pm
MY daughter had a new baby girl tonight. 8 lbs and doing fine
Drinks on me
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:55 pm
Congratulations to all three involved in the event, Lola. Oh, I guess I should make that 4, huh? Her hubby probably feels he played a role too.

timber
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:36 am
Four- That's wonderful. Congratulations, grandma! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:38 am
Yes, Timberlandco,

We did let her husband have a little peek at the baby but that's all. Actually, he was there and very happy, it was me that showed up late.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:38 pm
Yay Lola and fambly! YAY!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:44 pm
Congrats to Nonna Lola! I'll let Setanta know that we need a LOT more champagne as there is celebrating to be done.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:44 pm
Congratulations Lola

All the best from Her Majesty and subjects to you all.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:48 pm
Honi soit qui mal y pense
0 Replies