dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:16 am
Nothing? Nothing will come of nothing - speak again!

A rusty nail would go down a treat....... thank you kindly, good sir....

And how has your day been?

The sun went out here - 'twas enough to make a girl thump her hind feet in alarm!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:19 am
I arrive at work before the sun rises (if, in fact, that is any longer allowed in Ohio), and return after it's setting . . . lemme chug-a-lug a couple a quarts of coffee an' i'll let ya know how my day is going . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:21 am
hmmm - I see your day has but begun, while mine is at the rusty nail end - I spoke, of course, of our eclipse...... (handing large flask of coffee to large dog)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:22 am
Ah, so ol' Selene is moonin' ya, celestially speakin', hmmm?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:24 am
Indeed - but how full her moon I know not.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 09:59 am
I wondered where that eclipse was supposed to be. Was it near complete? Did it get the skies become dark and a little odd? I've only been in the midst of one such, had to drive hundreds of miles, but it was worth those moments. Like a movie, many people around me in a field in E. WA. And then it grew dark and very quiet. The birds quit the racket we hadn't even realized they were making. Just for a few moments, like time was suspended.

Sigh. FYI It was a new moon on Wednesday at 2:34am EST, and the eclipse occurred at 2:38, four minutes later. Does that help?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 01:10 am
Piffka - the completeness naturally depended on where you were!

Here, in Adelaide, 'twas 90% - farther north, in a diagonal swathe, 'twas 100%.....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 01:22 am
Lear and eclipses...a rare day.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 01:50 am
How about a cup of coffee before I go to bed?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 03:51 am
One more cup of coffee for the road, Lola?

Luckily, the leary skies cleared for the eclipse - no tempest tossed the occluded sun and all the tourists were happy and gruntled as anything........

Bad day at Black Rock - a double rusty nail for me...
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:20 am
I don't even understand which language this thread used! Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:00 am
Was that Black Day at Bad Rock?? What exactly IS a Rusty Nail!

And did it seem dark to you??? Glad the tourists were gruntled! Oz putting out the red carpet as per usual, a happy day.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 03:01 pm
The language is - more or less - English, OristarA!

A rusty nail is two measures scotch and one measure drambuie - two rusty nails are potentially serious trouble, but, since the evening degenerated badly from the bad day, I shall have another two, please ........ with a double green chartreuse chaser........I drink to forget.....

I guess I better have me morning coffee, too, thankee kindly Declan, it being morning and all - make it an Irish, if you would - you're a darlin'.....
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 04:37 pm
I would like a peanut butter and banana sandwich and some strawberries.........with sparkling water. I'll such sit back in the corner and take a little nap. It's nice and quiet here, unlike my home right now.........too many teenagers!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 04:38 pm
Bad Day At Black Rock was a movie with Spencer Tracey, of course I am not up on new fangled drinks. Could it be the day after drinking several Long Island Ice Teas.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 04:51 pm
hmmmmmm - damned fine idea - and a long island ished tea to finish pleash Declish....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 04:52 pm
Ditto the bunny with the fag.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:10 pm
Ish you dwownin' your showwowsh too, JD?

Damned lil shmeggersh jusht keep shwimmin'.....dwown you lil bashtardsh!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:13 pm
Well, I've been drinking champagne... which I highly recommend for the day. Fact is, I bought two bottles for myself just an hour or so ago. They're cooling now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:20 pm
champagne makesh me earsh dwoop.......
0 Replies