Hamster Dancin' Around the World

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2010 10:25 pm
@NettieK,
I don't get how Penny keeps her girlish figure given how much food she eats on this year round globe trotting trip!

Still this food looks delish and quite glam! Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:31 pm
Good to see tht Penny's continuing the tradition of chowing down wherever she goes.

Of course she keeps her lean figure - Penny associates only ever eat healthy, nourishing food (and/or drink!), so when she eats with them, she's healthy, too.
0 Replies

NoRelationToNed

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoW75NYSmYM
This morning Penny got to climb up the lookout tower in Kerang and have a look around. Some photos to follow.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:22 pm
@NoRelationToNed,
It's good that Penny is keeping busy and seems to be enjoying herself! Smile
0 Replies

PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:22 pm
One thing I have noticed from up here is how flat around Kerang it is. Apparently this whole area many millions of years ago was under the sea. The soil can be quite salty although we are about 300kms away from the ocean. Farmers do lots of what they call 'laser levelling' which levels their farmland so when they irrigate, water doesn't pool which causes the salt from underneath to come to the surface. Better irrigation/watering practices over the last few years has reduced this problem.
0 Replies

PennyAroundTheWorld

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:29 pm
In case you were wondering, norelationtoned is netties husband.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:33 pm
This brings back some memories. riding my motorbike (illegally) down the railway line across two bridges and out to reedy lake via the backroads. Duckshooting with Chubb. The Rainbow Connection (Umm I think thats what it was called). Some other memories which probably shouldnt see the light of day.
I got booked for speeding on my motorbike just near the firebrigade running track shown in that vid.

It is very flat, no hills at all... unless you include Pyramid hill which is miles away.

margo

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:08 pm
G'day, NotNed and welcome to A2K!

It is flat - but there are trees! Good for her to get some country experience after city-ing in Sydney and London.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:15 pm
@NoRelationToNed,
Thank you noRelation! that was lovely.

I like the encouragement to Penny to "keep up"

Very Happy
0 Replies

NettieK

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:54 pm
@dadpad,
Hmm, Rainbow connection? maybe you are thinking of bottom of the rainbow shop, which was my hubbies shop, he still has beads down in the shed left over from it.
dadpad

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 11:57 pm
@NettieK,
Bottom of the rainbow, thats It!
I knew there was a rainbow conection there somewhere.
Old hippies never die, They just peace out.
http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hippies.jpg
msolga

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 09:19 pm
@NoRelationToNed,
Thank you for the "tour" from the tower, Ned, Nettie & Penny! Smile
I'm looking forward to Penny's next adventure!
(She's probably feeling the heat today. Maybe's she's gone to the local pool to cool off?)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 10:25 pm
@dadpad,
AM I going crazy but aren't most of the people in the background of that photograph NOT wearing any clothes? Would explain why this elder dude ain't wearing any pants!! Sad
0 Replies

Karenl

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 05:10 am
That's funny.
Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 05:17 am
@Karenl,
And a warm welcome to you Karenl.Any chance you could be a host to Penny?
0 Replies

NettieK

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 07:46 pm
Tonight Penny is joining us for our work christmas party, a bit of a cruise along one of our creeks, followed by dinner at a pub. Should be interesting.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 07:58 pm
pictures, pictures..

oh, and have a great time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2010 08:00 pm
@NettieK,
Wow! Penny loves to party.

Ask her to show you some of the moves she learned in belly dance class. She was pretty darn good.
0 Replies

NettieK

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 02:59 am
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/nettiek2003/Penny/boat1.jpg

A few of us on our pontoon boat to cruise the Gunbower Creek. This party is for Nettie and Ronnies staff Christmas party. Cruise to a pub for dinner then cruise home, It was so much fun and friendly with such magnificent scenery.
NettieK

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 03:01 am
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/nettiek2003/Penny/pennyathelm.jpg

See, here I am at the Helm. I had to really watch out as there are so many tree stumps and weeds in the water.