Hamster Dancin' Around the World

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 03:56 pm
cool. maybe i'll even get nimh to come to see penny while i'm in bratislava, or we could meet in Komarno or something.

since we maybe kicked off a wee bit of work cooperation, i might need to meet him anyway and nag him for advice and such.

i'll buy them both lunch at the komarno city hall.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 04:11 pm
Oddly enough, I know two people who moved to Komarno. To live there.

Well, one's gone the other is leaving soon, and is still doubting between there and another place. Her friend owns a pub in Komarno. So we might get a free drink..
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:37 pm
I'll put my hand up for the last piece of the Aussie leg when it rolls around. Its possible my daughter could still be in Sweden and Penny could travel there. Then I could give my daughter the next A2K address. Did you want to keep it strictly A2K membership?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:11 pm
Shoot. I'm gonna mess things up.

I'm traveling on the 4th June. The price difference in the ticket was nearly $400, so I couldn't turn it down. So I'll be missing the a2k gathering and Walter. ...However I might be going by train from Bratislava to Amsterdam.... which probably goes through Germany.... but that's quite a stretch.

I'd be happy to take Penny, though I understand that I can't outcompete the a2k gathering opportunity. Maybe Walter could send her to me in Slovakia, though I'm only there for some 8 or 9 days...

Sigh. One stuffed hamster. So complicated.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:14 pm
...but i'm still meeting nimh in southern slovakia if he's willing... so that has to count for something! whatsit gonna be, penny? ha?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:15 pm
nimh wrote:

Well, one's gone the other is leaving soon, and is still doubting between there and another place. Her friend owns a pub in Komarno. So we might get a free drink..

Valer and Katie?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:28 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

ehBeth might be going in nimh's direction, too, later...

Hmmmm...

I'll think more, figure it out. The overriding theme here is "whatever works." No deadlines or rush-rush, lots of time to do this and that. (I'm not sure if Walter will be able to retain his sanity in such circumstances though... ;-))
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:31 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
nimh wrote:

Valer and Katie?

Oh you know them of course! Yes, Valer's Katy was one (I hadnt counted Valer himself). The other, just to make things complicated, is called Katie (but no relation).
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:37 pm
Evil or Very Mad

Pffft, Budapest.

I'm offering a small Slovak/Hungarian town. My dissertation is about this town. Town of silly statues that ethnic groups put up to piss off other ethnic groups. And Bratislava. The coronation city of the Austro-Hungarian Empire for 150 years (under the Turkish occupation. Well, Ottoman, to be PC). Plus, I can promise a photo of Penny with the Mayor of Amsterdam. I'll be working with him and his advisor while there.

In any case, I'll take the fate calmly and humbly. Lots of folks will be at the gathering and as we all know a2k Boston gatherings are like herding snakes. It's a rare sight.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:40 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Evil or Very Mad
Pffft, Budapest.

that was a response to soz, not nimh, just for the record.

Budapest is lovely, of course.

I'm still baffled by the Valer connection. I knew Valer and nimh independently, they didn't know each other at all. One from Slovakia, other....well the other you know. They applied for the same job! In Budapest. nimh got it :wink: , but Valer's wife Katy worked at the same office, so now they do know each other....can the world get any smaller?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 08:55 pm
Sheeesh! This is going to be one well-travelled, or confused, hamster!

What language ddoes she speak now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:01 pm
I suppose, it will take some time until Penny arrives here.

If. :wink:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:32 pm
Don't forget, Walter, that I'm a boxer. Mind stepping outside for a moment?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:41 pm
http://i1.tinypic.com/4qq7a88.gif
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 10:58 pm
I've got your back Walter! Just keep fending her off, eventually she'll get tired and go to sleep.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 11:00 pm
You're a true friend, dadpad. Thanks.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 11:04 pm
<puts on shining armour and rides off into sunset>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 11:26 pm
i'm not sleeping! i'm just thinking.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 11:27 pm
D A D P A D ! ! !

http://i2.tinypic.com/6hftbo2.gif Exclamation Question
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 11:34 pm
<comes galloping, dimounts, and chrges to aide his good friend Walter but inadvertantly is distracted by dagmarka's large soft warm bazoonkas>

sorry walter!
0 Replies