The Wedding The Road Trip and the Rain......oh and the Ferry

Ethel2

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 05:51 am
Very funny Joe. he he

Squinney,

All went well enough. Photos will follow after the movers come on Monday and do their thing. Once all the stuff is on it's way, we'll have time to catch up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 May, 2007 10:08 am
All went well.

Bernie posted about being thrown over a cliff.

It's all a bit cryptic.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 01:55 am
Imagine a kiss in a hurricane.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 05:26 am
I've read a dime novel with that title ...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:43 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've read a dime novel with that title ...

Dear Walter,

Forgive our tardiness in thanking you for you thoughtful gifts. Bernie did cry, however over the fact that my gift is bigger and fatter than his. We'll give them both a good read on the way to Portland where we won't have time for the lazy occupation of making our things neat and orderly.

You're a real friend and we hereby promise to meet you in Germany when we have a chance to travel. I'm so sorry to miss you here........and by only a few days too.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 07:54 am
ehBeth wrote:
All went well.

Bernie posted about being thrown over a cliff.

It's all a bit cryptic.

Beth,

Great avatar. Perfect.

And yes, a bit cryptic. I think we're both cautious about appearing to be too delighted. It's so unsophisticated. But actually, Bernie and I both flinched when the justice of the peace pronounced us you-know-what. I'm eager to review the photos to see if we look as wide eyed and weird as we felt when she asked us if we would do all those things you promise to do when you say, "I do." But the I do's were said. And we are now husband and wife.

In addition to our natural timidity about ritual, we're also moving and (between you and me) BERNIE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! He's a horrible bear and just too bossy when he's got a big task to accomplish. Mix that with the fact that I am too and you have thunder and lighting on a regular basis. At least we know that if our marriage lasts through this test, we'll be assured of staying together through anything.

We'll have more to tell and say after the movers have come and gone on Monday. Right now, we have a big deadline. Really, someone should be here to observe what happens when we both decide that the next thing that has to be done is not what the other one thinks it should be. You know, Bernie doesn't always travel in a straight line from here to there.

Don't worry. We'll make it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:29 am
Lola wrote:
We'll make it.

That's one thing I'm absolutely sure of.

~~~~~

Does boomerang know you're invading?

~~~~~

Marriage, moving, job changes. It's definitely thunder and lightning time. Thank goodness, excitement's good for the spirit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:38 am
I'm so happy for you both!

Congrats and enjoy :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:48 am
Lola
Lola, be sure to save all those empty moving boxes. They are worth their weight in gold for sale to people planning to move. ---BBB

http://www.directmovingboxes.com/graphics/empty-boxes.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:51 am
I hate moving. Hate it. I'm a bear before, during, and for a while afterwards. Or else am exhausted from suppressed bear-dom.

The wedding sounds sweet! Looking forward to pics...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 08:58 am
Same here with the moving, Soz. The thought makes me cringe Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 11:24 am
Lola wrote:
Bernie did cry, however over the fact that my gift is bigger and fatter than his.

With such legs (and not even showing them here) ...

http://i8.tinypic.com/4pb30vt.jpg

... it was adequate. :wink:
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 12:23 pm
Best wishes, newlyweds. You kids behave now. Try not to kill each other til the honeymoon's over.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 18 May, 2007 03:08 pm
Swimpy wrote:
Best wishes, newlyweds. You kids behave now. Try not to kill each other til the honeymoon's over.

Excellent advice

And Waler,

I agree about the legs.
0 Replies