Concerned about my wife...

Freedomelf

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:19 am
dawg8037 wrote:
I wouldn't say she's immature by any means, but she still has a little bit of the "party bug" in her. It's so hard for me to hold her head at the end of the night, knowing that I could have said or done something to keep her from going overboard. After so many drinks, she gets into Party Mode and it's on from there. Over our 2 years together, I'm slowly teaching her how to know her limits when it comes to alcohol.

Based on this comment, I would definitely believe that your wife IS immature....objections aside. Of course this is just my humble opinion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:42 am
Well, wait a minute. Coke is not heroine. I'd not do it myself, but I know people who do, occasionally, and are no addicts or outlaws or asocials. But they are also not mothers or fathers of two year olds.

As to alcoholism, there are different levels. The drunks who have to drink and get drunk everyday are just one of the types. Another is type of the people who cannot control their intake and go overboard. You help your wife with the control part, but that doesn't make the issue go away.

I also echo Noddy's concern for your mutual acting behind the others' back. Why don't you let your wife know you overheard that conversation and it worries you that she's willing to do this behind your back? Why do you want to 'catch her in the act' instead of discussing the issues of trust that marriage is made of in the first place? It will be unpleasant, but could be potentially very rewarding.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 May, 2007 09:55 am
Coke or Diet Coke?
0 Replies