The Kobe Debacle

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:16 pm
You mean that we're talking about this and not 16 little words?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:42 pm
New Haven wrote:
fealola wrote:
Just reported KNBC - Los Angeles:

Kobe's wife just released a statement saying to the effect that "my husband is guilty of adultry, but he is not a criminal. This is something we will deal with in our marraige."

The lawyers are going to love the above quote! Rolling Eyes

When a husband cheats on you once, ask yourself, how many times in the past has this occurred and how many times will it happen again? Also, ask yourself, how many kids does he really have?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:47 pm
It's likely that at least one of those dames if not both, will be taking him to the bank sometime very soon! Rolling Eyes Mad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 05:57 pm
fealola wrote:
It's likely that at least one of those dames if not both, will be taking him to the bank sometime very soon! Rolling Eyes Mad

He better keep his basketball sneakers clean and in shape, he's gonna need to keep earning the big bucks to pay off the "girls" and the lawyers! :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:01 pm
perhaps we should have a trial first, before we convict him..
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:06 pm
I agree Dys, but He doesn't need a trial for his wife to take him to the bank!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:09 pm
o.k. - i fold. who is kobe and why are these charges against him so interesting? the only kobe i know about is a type of japanese beef.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:15 pm
fealola wrote:
I agree Dys, but He doesn't need a trial for his wife to take him to the bank!

His wife's comment has condemned him. Embarrassed
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:16 pm
ehBeth wrote:
o.k. - i fold. who is kobe and why are these charges against him so interesting? the only kobe i know about is a type of japanese beef.

Kobe is the professional basketball player with the LA Lakers, a team almost as good as the Boston Celtics! :wink:
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 06:17 pm
Well they obviously have DNA evidence or why would they admit contact.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:05 pm
Kobe and wifey poo are live on tv right now....HOLDING HANDS.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:50 pm
Kobe had to admit to having intercoarse with that woman, because if he denied it and they had DNA on him, he'd be found guilty in a flash. This way, he can say it was consentual, and it will depend on who the jury believes. c.i.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 07:52 pm
Correct, C.I.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 08:30 pm
Yeah, the celtics - isn't that the team of that Bird guy who fathered an illigitimate kid?

...and yes - I imagine this distraction is welcome to Bush and company.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 08:48 pm
ehBeth, here's more on Kobe:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/?nav=page

He went to the NBA straight out of high school, big prospect, the league's next Michael Jordan, very very good but still hasn't fulfilled his potential (IMO) despite winning... how many... 3? titles with the Lakers. He's very skilled but hasn't mastered the subtleties of operating within a team yet.

Googled for that page and there were two ads on the side for "Free Kobe" and "Kobe is Innocent" t-shirts. Hmm.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:23 pm
I'm as pissed off with him right now as his mother-in-law must be.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:26 pm
In the interest of fairness, I hope everyone is still at least entertaining the idea that this might have been an infatuated female who got dissed after sex, and got mad.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:26 pm
Yeah, the possible rape charge is of course distressing, but quite aside from that, I'm permanently pissed at him just for cheating on his wife -- he was supposedly classier than that. (It could be a kind of Kennedy/ Clinton thing, though; hey, my idol did it [Jordan] and everyone still lionizes him, so...) And his wife has like 6-month-old twins or something, right? {stew stew stew} Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:29 pm
Yeah, idol or whatever, but let's not imbue this guy with anymore superhuman traits than any 24 year old, besides playing basketball.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:29 pm
A daughter, born in January.
0 Replies