The Kobe Debacle

BillW

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:15 am
That is the shoe finally hitting the floor. I agree with you sozobe, it finally makes sense. Stupid, naive me couldn't connect the dots - it is when a yes turns to a no, this guy may actually go to jail!

There is no defense, her past means nothing - physical evidence, no apology to the victim. Respect is of prime importance, not matter what the situation! Yes, please, links?

Assuming, this is the truth, of course........
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 10:56 am
Looks like this is one of those things that makes a little too much sense:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/vail/VD20030806308060103.asp?0cb=-41d916

Good collection of the latest info:

http://www.badjocks.com/kobewatch.htm
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:13 am
Just getting ready to post the same MSN find sozobe, I do note the following is part of the article:

"While sources stopped short of saying the word "anal" would not come up at the trial, they did say the story about acts of anal intercourse or demands for it were not accurate."

and,

"- The woman was in Kobe Bryant's room for up to two hours. Not true. She was there for about 20 minutes."

There were a lot of other rumors dispelled also!

BTW, I put the shoe back on Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:18 am
Also found out more about the 911 call. He was actually on the road for one of them, she called him for help from home, he called 911.

At this point, I have nooooooo idea. I don't like the fact that he cheated on his wife, period. For the rest of it... we'll see what comes out in the trial.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 12:21 pm
Whew! Thanks sozobe. When I heard that story, my stomach turned over.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 12:23 pm
eoe wrote:
Maybe I'm late but I heard a few days ago that he forced her to have anal sex. She agreed to the vaginal sex but it was the anal part that she did not consent to, hence, the bruises, stitches, and the charge of rape. That's pretty brutal. Anyone else hear about this?

This is what I've been thinking all along but was too prudish to suggest Confused
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 08:54 am
colorado courts are some of the harshest in the country when it comes to rape. even if it was yes in the beginning then no, it's rape. Kobe is in some hot water because even if he gets just probation he has to have a minimum of 20 years probation, and he ahs to take a class on sexual aggression and they will measure his arousal patterns, what kind of things stimulate him. all of this is monthly, i have to say he is in deep if he is convicted.
my opinion on all of this, it's he said she said, there are too many things for me to decide, but i hope that she isn't fabricating this story and i hope that he didn't really do it so it is a no win situation.
but i do have to say what good are the rape shield laws if people are saying her name in the media. people that will be jurors will hear these things that they are saying about her sex life and her mental stability, they may not be able to say those things in court but, if the jury hears them on the radio or t.v. then rape shield laws don't protect like they should.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:14 am
Nothing can protect in a societal situation when there is a will, a way and money to get around all! I for one can hear everything that is said rumors, truths, etal and still perform my function as a juror. I reach opinions and change opinions based upon truth plus fact. I also don't believe I am unique.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:29 am
to quote david byrne: "there are others out there like you"

i had the opportunity to serve on a jury for the first time a few years ago, and found it to be refreshing and challenging. there was an unspoken understanding among the jurors that we would all keep each other in line, and prevent any preconceived notions from altering our thought processes.
it turned out we made the right decision, when the judge disclosed a crucial piece of evidence after we gave our verdict.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:31 am
Billw, i know that there are a lot of people out there like you but, some aren't as objective. although you saying that is reassuring
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:47 am
I hear what your saying aimeemarie, I often like to think the rest of the world is like me - I've been on these threads long enough to know better! Thanks Laughing
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 10:36 am
New stuff, and it seems to be a little more reliable - pretty damning for Kobe:

Quote:
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:33 am
BillW wrote:
New stuff, and it seems to be a little more reliable - pretty damning for Kobe:

Quote:

DOES ONE ACTUALLY BECOME A VICTIM AFTER THE PERP IS CONVICTED?
THEY ARE TREATING IT AS IF SHE IS THE ONE WHO IS GUILTY, not saying she is or isn't , but if someone stole my t.v. i would be considered the victim. there would be no questions asked if someone had my t.v. it could be proved. it really erks me that everyone when it deals with rape blames the victim, but the incidence of false reports of rape are very rare! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:56 am
aimeemarie, at least we have moved forward, some what. We no longer say, "she probably deserved it."

Not making excuses (because I belive the way you do), in this case it involves a "loved" celebrity and the crime is the only crime that has such harsh penalties based upon 'he said/she said" testimony.

With that said, most rapes are not even heard about, this is such a media circus!
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 07:18 pm
When they finally get around to Kobe's trial I hope it's not aired on TV.

I watched the William Kennedy trial several years ago and absolutely HATED that guy, thought him guilty. Seem to like Kobe even tho I never heard of him prior to the accusation.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 10:13 am
It is suppose to be on TV
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 10:21 am
that is BS why should this poor girl have to deal with that, she should tell them they can't put it on T.v.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 10:34 am
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/content/auto/epaper/editions/sunday/opinion_f343f136359b918400b0.html

Still arguing to keep it off!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:09 am
The threat of this mess being televised embarrasses me as a human being. It will truly reach an all-time low in civility and good taste. And be a BIG ratings winner.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:18 am
Just read BillW's link. Mr. Cuban was so on target, it's scary.
0 Replies