Seems we are able to break this record on a very consistent basis :sad:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 11:20 am
Yikes! Shocked
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 11:31 am
seems kobe & shaq have rekindled their old feud (just in time)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1647603
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 12:24 pm
After the preliminary hearing (in my eyes) Kobe had better come up with a real defense fully disproving the victim. If his defense is just a point of "It could have been this way......" - it isn't enough.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 01:08 pm
I would love to know what is the "compelling evidence" that hasn't seen the light of day Question Obviously, it wasn't so compelling as to convince the Judge.....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 11:26 am
kobe lashes out against shaq
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1648431
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 11:31 am
For guys who claim to just want to get the job done, they seem to have quite a love affair with the media. <snicker>
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 05:58 pm
I wonder if this will be another "OJ-popularity/money contest"?
The adulation Kobe recieved at whatever awards thing that was (MTV?) didn't bother me so much--because he is innocent until proven guilty--but, now as damning news comes out, will he continue to be heralded and high-fived by adoring fans, who don't give a **** if he raped a girl, or not?

What is cool is increasingly uncool to me.

Did anybody see Runaway Jury? This is a prime case for a jury purchase.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 03:53 pm
Runaway Jury was not tampered with. It was the tampering with the lawyers that was going on. The Jury decided right.

Kobe Bryant is independent of any team. He is getting what he set up. He never went out with the team when they went out. Going out with the team is a good way to build a rapport with the other members. He never talks with them on the bus. He sits in the back of the bus and wears his head phones and becomes anti social. He got a tattoo when he said that he would never do it. He has not shown any type of intelligence at all. He seems to be really dumb. Why go to colorado and not tell anyone in the team? He wasn't suppose to go anyway. He had sex with someone during his marriage to a very beautiful wife. That is dumb. Dumb still to buy her a big ring. It looks like a pay off. He even looks confused and retarded when he does those press conferences. He isn't smart enough to leave a girl alone. He isn't sorry for what he did, he is sorry that he got caught. That it has turned into this big thing. He would not have told his wife about it had it not got out into the public. He is such a joke.

As for the victim she is so stupid. Her is a big basketball star who she shows around the hotel. Okay fine. Why in the world would you go to his room knowing he is in that room by himself? What is that? Not smart. She is exploiting this. Someone made her think she was raped when she told them that she had sex with Kobe. Because rapist are not calm. They have burst of anger. Kobe is calm. He did not rape her.

I don't know what happened. This is all from what I have seen on T.V. This is a situation that was formed by two dumb people. This would not have happened if they were 2 points smarter then the 0 they started with. This is the dumbest trial and mess that can be.

I don't feel sorry for either party. They both got themselves into this mess.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:47 am
kobe must be pretty happy wacko-jacko Shocked is stealing all the tabloid headlines now...
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 08:43 am
BlueMonkey, very good post. What else? but people doing dumb things. I hate seeing Kobe walking here, there, arranging his jacket, moving his lips around not knowing just where and how to smile or even how to look at anyone. Haven't seen the girl yet but it makes me uncomfortable to see people in this kind of pain just from doing some dumb damn thing, however, if the lady said NO that may mean Kobe Bryant's handsome face became ugly, as in (I think) the William Kennedy rape (yes, I think the lady was raped in that case).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:13 am
Bias by Investigators Exists, Defense Contends
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1681714

Associated Press
DENVER -- Suggesting racism may be behind Kobe Bryant's prosecution on a sexual assault charge, defense attorneys asked a judge Monday to help them find out whether sheriff's deputies and prosecution employees ordered T-shirts depicting the NBA star being hanged.

i can't believe this is true; if it is, how stupid is the prosecution?!! Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:20 am
Oh, man. That would be SO dumb...

SO dumb, and horrible.

HANGED?

Ack.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 12:24 pm
That would - argh - it would throw any case into a mistrial, and Kobe would walk.

'Course he'd lose his nutella endorsement deal.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 11:32 am
now the trial will be delayed until after the season. it probably won't start until early summer, after the playoffs are over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1700948
DENVER -- The judge in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case on Monday scheduled a series of pre-trial hearings that will last until nearly April, making it unlikely the NBA star will have to worry about a trial until the season is over.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 04:42 pm
Will it make any difference if the Lakers win the NBA Championship, lose it or don't even go to it Question
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 06:46 am
the delay is definitely a break for the team -- kobe won't have to miss any games for court appearances.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 01:47 pm
He may still miss games, the judge has not shown he will let Kobe miss any court appearances and there are a bunch of hearing for stipulations........ Stay tuned, however, as always - it appears that maybe the Lakers preform better when he is not there Exclamation
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
http://a.sc.msn.com/TQ/P-U,L54W_20PVFQK@!YRA.gif

opps, sorry - couldn't help myself Embarrassed
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:36 am
guilty or not, i gotta give kobe credit for being super-human.
yesterday afternoon he was in eagle county for a hearing, then flew back to LA for a game; he had 36 points, 6 rebounds & 6 assists in the lakers win.
most players would've missed that game, or showed up late, only to give a lack-luster effort.
0 Replies