488lb 7 year old: Is this child abuse?

aidan

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:50 pm
See Chai - I knew we could agree on something- not to trivialize Kicky's issue or anything.....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 05:06 pm
The mother is a nutcase. Beyond the feeding, which is horrid in itself and there is simply no reason on earth for it while this little girl gets sicker and sicker, the mom seems wacko.

It is disturbing that no one has stepped in. Mom seems more concerned with her self than her child.

It strikes a note with me of something I once witnessed in a hospital. A negligent mother, with her child in ICU in the most heart-wrenching of conditions ....and mom was busy milking attention for herself as some sobbing wreck. All the while, busy picking up men and 'forgetting' to visit her daughter.

Long story short, that little beautiful child died, and it was preventable.

I too have no sympathy for the mother in this case. What she is doing is deplorable - and as far as I can tell, she has proven herself to be simply a shitty selfish parent who is not capable of caring for any child.

Sometimes it is hard not to sympathize with some mandatory sterilizations.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:48 pm
My husband and I were talking about this earlier and he made an excellent point.

As a parent, if your child is malnurished, starved, or otherwise deprived of food, CPS steps in . PERIOD.
Teachers, other parents, neighbors, police.. ALL will report you. All will watch your child and all will do something to stand up for the well being of the child.

Here is a very public, very obese child - and for some reason, the manditory CPS visit has not happened.. Why? Because obesity is not considered a life threatening situation, where as starvation is. In an obese country, this is not surprising..

Go figure..
0 Replies