I think it is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,729 • Replies: 22
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 08:51 pm
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I heard in the English version is the fact that she is extremely overweight, but what is the purpose of the news report? Surely the mother is getting this child some medical care to address the issue. Seems like it has to be more than an eating addiction.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 01:49 am
It seems like a case of Munchausen by proxy to me.

Basically, she was 200lbs at age 5 because her moronic parents continually overfed her.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 01:59 am
I think it is (abuse) too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 03:55 am
That is horrible.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 06:06 am
here is an english version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx5LcP_3iqQ
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:08 am
good argument for requiring a minimum IQ to reproduce.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:25 am
If she dies, is it murder?

Can this mom really and truly get away with " but my daughter cries if I dont feed her.." ?

You can , quite literally , watch her gain weight over the years on TV.
Talkshows have eaten her up and posted her pictures all over their website ( Maury Povich Ricky Lake, Heraldo) yet, her mother is allowed by the city, state, and child protective services to KEEP her daughter at home.

She is killing her.

She cant even walk.

SO why is this so socially acceptable? This is killing the child. THis is something that can be controlled, yet noone steps in to take her from her abusive mother..

Sorry, I dont feel ANY sympathy to the mother. I dont care HOW MUCH a child whines for sugary foods. YOU . DONT. HAVE. TO. FEED. IT.TO.THEM.

Mom buys the crap and feeds it to the child. There for , the mother is 100% responsible for the condition this little girl is in.
Period.

It makes me sick.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:13 am
I can't see this girl living to be a teenager.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 08:39 am
shewolfn's correct! As a parent, you have control of the child. My older girl is very thin (just her make up as she does eat plenty), I will not allow her to eat sugary foods whenever she wants. And at least in her case it has nothing to do with weight - it is not healthy! She can have candy or other junky type of food, but in moderation - I don't care how much she whines about it - and believe me she is the queen of whining.

Jeepers be a parent!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 08:43 am
I think CerealKiller has a good point about Munchausen by proxy. Look at all the media attention they've been getting.

It does seem like something should be done. If she has some sort of serious medical condition, a glandular disorder or something, that has a lot to do with it that could mitigate things. And there is the slippery-slope concern; if her mother's rights are removed here, what about the 300-lb kid? 200? 150? Etc. I don't think every situation where a kid is overweight calls for intervention.

But this ain't right.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 09:53 am
I hear that Linkat, it's all about control. If I ever have a daughter, and catch her with a french fry in hand, I'm tossing her ass down the stairs. Then to teach her a lesson, I'm going to take her to the titty bar, and introduce her to the strippers backstage. "You see these whores? None of them are fat, you know why? COCAINE AND THEY HAVE THE DECENCY TO THROW UP AFTER EVERY MEAL!"

Being a dad would be cool.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:02 am
I agree. Not every overweight child (situation) should have 100% intervention.

This situation I believe is different.

You have almost complete public record of her life for the past 2 years.

And, even if this child has a serious disease that makes her gain weight faster then any one else on the planet (!) , you have proof of her mother continuing to provide a high fat, high cholesterol, high calorie, low nutrient diet.

I cant understand how she can watch her child almost suffocate trying to crawl across the living room, to hand her a whole pizza for a snack.
Bullshit.

This makes me angry. ( not anyones responses! this parent and this situation)

Learning about nutrition is simple these days.
Learning about calorie content, ingredience on the labels, fat content, vitamin needs.... these are things anyone, and I do mean ANYONE can learn about and have a good grasp of easily..

I see no excuse for this mother to be doing this to her child.

To me, it is like making bacon and eggs for breakfast for the person who has high cholesterol.
It is like a sadistic , slow murder.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:10 am
That is so sad.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:29 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I agree. Not every overweight child (situation) should have 100% intervention.

This situation I believe is different.

You have almost complete public record of her life for the past 2 years.

And, even if this child has a serious disease that makes her gain weight faster then any one else on the planet (!) , you have proof of her mother continuing to provide a high fat, high cholesterol, high calorie, low nutrient diet.

I cant understand how she can watch her child almost suffocate trying to crawl across the living room, to hand her a whole pizza for a snack.
Bullshit.

This makes me angry. ( not anyones responses! this parent and this situation)

Learning about nutrition is simple these days.
Learning about calorie content, ingredience on the labels, fat content, vitamin needs.... these are things anyone, and I do mean ANYONE can learn about and have a good grasp of easily..

I see no excuse for this mother to be doing this to her child.

To me, it is like making bacon and eggs for breakfast for the person who has high cholesterol.
It is like a sadistic , slow murder.

I agree with everything you wrote here- in fact- when I was talking about this case with my son, and he was trying to come up with reasons that maybe the mother wasn't so bad (he's always trying to see everyone's side) I said the same exact things.
It's also despicable that this mother has turned her daughter into a sideshow. It's one thing to have a child with an issue- but to call attention to that child and that issue continually- to the child's detriment and possible embarrassement- is cruel. I'm sure that's at least part of the reason she keeps "feeding" the problem. She doesn't want her ticket to fame to wither away.
That's the part of it that is as sickening as the constant inappropriate feeding.
And also that Maury Povich and whoever else profit off of this-if they simply wanted to help the little girl- they could- they don't have to broadcast her- that's just encouraging this mother.

Something is seriously wrong with this woman.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 10:47 am
Quote:
It's also despicable that this mother has turned her daughter into a sideshow. It's one thing to have a child with an issue- but to call attention to that child and that issue continually- to the child's detriment and possible embarrassement- is cruel.

Not to mention the fact that in EVERY show she says " I dont know what to do, I need help"

As soon as the cameras turn off, she slides her a pizza while signing her publicity check.

I got a few words for her.. but the *******stars get in the way..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 11:27 am
Agreeing with everyone about the mother.

What's really bad is that even if she looses some weight, her life is ruined anyway. At such a young age her overstimulated fat cells will force her to remain really large.

In this case it is the mother overfeeding the child. However, when I was a girl in grammer school, there was a family (one of the kids was in my classroom) who were all genetically huge. Like somewhere inbetween where Jessica looked at "only" 200 lbs, and the state she's in now. None of these kids ate a particularly huge amount of food. I spent 8 years with "Chris" and knew being that obese wasn't his fault.

This little girl though...listening to her breathe...horrible.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:09 pm
I don't see the problem. Fat kids are cute.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:10 pm
And you said you didn't know how to love....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:40 pm
snort...good one aidan
0 Replies