Welder, Plumber, Sniperman, Thief

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 06:58 am
Quote:
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq announced on Monday it had withdrawn the license of a U.S. security firm and would prosecute employees it said were involved in a shooting in Baghdad in which 11 people were killed.

An Interior Ministry spokesman said security personnel working for contractors Blackwater had opened fire after mortar rounds landed near their cars in Nusour Square in the western Baghdad district of Mansour.

"By chance the company was passing by. They opened fire randomly at citizens," Brigadier-General Abdul-Karim Khalaf said. Eleven people were killed, including one policeman, and 13 people were wounded, he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/17/AR2007091700394.html
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:48 am
That is good news. That is progress to me.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 08:53 am
I think this is going to turn out to be a pretty big deal because I think they have a lot of contractors there. I mean, in the tens of thousands.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 09:22 am
This has to be a good thing. I don't see blackwater being a part of any solution. In fact I see them as fueling the worst side of the war.

If their were mercinaries driving around some american town blowing people away what would some of us do?

Get those guys out of there.

Now that you mention it maybe it will be very big because this is the part of whats going on over their that Americans don't even know about
0 Replies