Mexico City lawmakers pass abortion bill

fbaezer

Tue 27 Dec, 2011 12:19 am
@InfraBlue,
Televisa's La Rosa de Guadalupe competes against Cada Quien su Santo, produced by TVAzteca, the competitor network.
Televisa goes one-all for the top Catholic icon in Mexico. Azteca goes for the rest of 'em.
Both networks are conservative in both the political and cultural sense. Loads of propaganda.

Still, the conservative party PAN tried to push a referendum on abortion in Mexico City. First, they contacted pollsters, a little more than a year ago.
One of the pollsters, a friend of mine, told me about their reunion with the local PAN leadership. They all had the pro-choice population at about 62%. All top officials -but one- understood that pushing a referendum on the subject would be political suicide for the conservatives. Sadly, the one party official to insist that a "pro-life" campaign in this city was winnable, is a woman.
ossobuco

Tue 27 Dec, 2011 12:25 am
@fbaezer,
Well, nuts, but that makes sense.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Wed 29 Jun, 2022 07:26 am
@fbaezer,
That is Mexico not United States. Why should that matter? I guess somebody with a passport could cross the state lines and get an abortion while contributing to Mexico economy. Clap clap
0 Replies