Your ideal marriage venue

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 12:34 pm
Given the free choice, that is someone else picks up the tab, what and where would be your favorite location in which to get married ?

It might be your family church, A sun drenched island, Las Vegas, Favorite sports stadium, Cruise liner, Death Valley or any special romantic place or some wildcap location you've dreamed about.........................
Just to add spice, who would you have as a Special Guest of Honor from the world of Famous Faces or Scumbag Superstars. You could either rave over your "S.G.of,H" or lash him/her to the ducking stool in a nearby waterhole. The choice is yours.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,647 • Replies: 39
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 12:56 pm
John, Oak. Love is funny the second time around, and should that ever be, it would be under the Beech trees at my ancestral home in Virginia. Let's see now. Who would I have as a special guest of honor? Sean Connery, I think. Who better than Bond to witness the bonds of matrimony. Cool
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 01:00 pm
Very good Letty, now who is the idle , oops, idol of your life ? The man who will greet your pumpkin coach and pick up your glass slipper
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 01:06 pm
there is a bridge northwest of Taos New Mexico over the canyon of the Rio grande, um and as a guest i would have Leonard Cohen.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 01:06 pm
Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, you're the best

I wasn't lookin' but somehow you found me
I tried to hide from your love light
But like heaven above me
The spy who loved me
Is keepin' all my secrets safe tonight

And nobody does it better
Though sometimes I wish someone could
Nobody does it quite the way you do
Why'd you have to be so good?

The way that you hold me
Whenever you hold me
There's some kind of magic inside you
That keeps me from runnin'
But just keep it comin'
How'd you learn to do the things you do?

Oh, and nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Baby, baby, darlin', you're the best

Baby you're the best
Darlin', you're the best
Baby you're the best

(FADE)

Oh, oh, oh!

Letting Carley Simon speak for me. Smile
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 01:11 pm
I remember Carly as well Letty, nice looking lady with good points
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2003 01:20 pm
Dys, I've got the perfect CD for your wedding ceremony ----------

It's Rio Grande Mud Songs by ZZ Top
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 12:26 pm
Anywhere. Doesn't matter.
As long as they are there that's all that counts.
You say your vows to each other and exchange tokens if you wish.
No one else needs to be there. It's not about them it's about the two of you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 12:53 pm
Aw...
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 12:57 pm
My brother and sister-in-law got married at Opus 19 in Saugerties NY. Incredible space! A worked out stone quarry that was taken on by a sculptor who made it his life's work...
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 01:32 pm
Well, this would be a second marriage for me, so...

I agree with Heliotrope in that it doesn't matter ... but, to go along with the fantasy as presented by OAK ...

sunset in Yosemite Park in one of the areas away from the tourists and among the redwood and pine trees near a waterfall alone with my new husband-to-be reciting expressions of love to one another and, yes, exchanging rings, looking into each other's eyes with both of us tearing up from the emotion and then being taken in a horse-drawn carriage to the bridal suite at the Ahwanee hotel and not leaving our room for several days <sigh>
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 01:57 pm
I've been to Yosemite Park & it was inundated with tourists in camper vans, stationwagons, trailers and stuff.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:02 pm
Well, OAK, so have I...but, since this is my fantasy, those people will have to go, that's all; because I want my trees and waterfall w/o any company except my man! Please? :wink:
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:13 pm
Fine but there are great big growly teddy bears who don't take kindly to having their fantacy invaded and then having their porridge ripped off. Goldilocks, Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White are all still missing.....................................................
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:26 pm
Crying or Very sad OAK, stop messing with my fantasy! Besides, them big ole' bears, in my fantasy of course, will be guests and they will behave themselves in my fantasy as well as they did in Dr. Doolittle II, ok? As the Be-atles said: Let It Be... or, maybe I should change the site to Muir Woods? :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:39 pm
Let's see about the third time around:

Here we go:

In a nursing home under a potted plant with a retinue of care takers who stand impatiently waiting for the groom to wake up. Razz
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 02:53 pm
Sweetiepie, Ok, I tell the bears to kool it and let you have your phun just the way you want it. Have you driven thru Death Valley at all ? Hot hot hot. You can get their direct from Las Vegas or t'other round. Is Muir Woods near Yosemite ? Just asking dear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:09 pm
At a cottage, during a break from floating around in the lake. Friends and family are there - everyone's brought their favourite salad to share. It would have to be early September - no other big groups out at the lake - no motor boats on the lake - a big campfire with friends and guitars and marshmallows at night.

ohhhhhh, the dogs have to be there. Can't have a wedding without your best friends.

http://www.grovestreet.com/thumbnails/5/218205.jpg

and Cleo looks so good with Sarah Bernhardt peonies and Lancome roses. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:19 pm
EhBeth, that sounds GREAT!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:57 pm
I'm smiling, thinking about it. Very Happy
0 Replies