1
   

Practical Jokes--- Take Two...

 
 
Treya
 
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:27 am
Heh... I don't know why I did that first one... Ok, I'm looking for ideas for a payback on a practical joke that was played on me a few weeks ago. Here's the situation:

There's this little locals bar in my town right on the beach that I go to once or twice a week to watch the sunset. I've gotten to know the bartenders and the bar backs pretty well because I've been doing this for a while. A few weeks ago one of the bartenders decided to play a little joke on me. I went to the restroom and let him know I was going so he wouldn't think I had left and throw my drink out.

I was drinking a whiskey sour. When I came back I took a big 'ol swig of my drink and while I was gone he had switched my glass with a half a glass of just sour mix. ACK! Though it was pretty funny. Razz So, I've been racking my brain for two weeks now trying to think of a way to get him back. It's been difficult to think of anything because I only see this guy at work and it's got to be something appropriate and fitting to the situation.

My boss came up with one possible idea, but I would love any other suggestions as well because once I do this it could very well turn into an all out war between me and him and I'll need more idea's. Now, I think I'm a pretty good tipper. Maybe not the best, but I try to give at least 50 percent. I think that's fair. This is a good bartender. He remembers my name, the only two things I ever drink while I'm there, and that if I'm drinking whiskey sours I only drink one, but if I'm drinking beer I drink two and so he asks which I want and if it's beer he pulls out two, sticks one in the ice and gives me the other.

So the payback my boss came up with was that I'll go in get my usual and instead of throwing my tip in the jar... I'll wait until I'm done, call him over, and give him a tip he'll never forget. $10 for one drink... all in unrolled pennies. LOL Now... I think that's pretty darn funny! Is that over the top though? Does anyone else have any other ideas or stories they could share that might help come up with some idea's?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,003 • Replies: 38
No top replies

 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:42 am
Personally, I think if it's been a few weeks ago, you should just drop the whole thing.

No one going to think a return practical joke after such a long time, over a little thing like what he played on you, is funny.

Sounds to me like you have a lot of time on your hands....move on.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 09:46 am
Hmmm... funny thing is Chai... not everyone thinks like you. :wink:
0 Replies
 
TTH
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:07 am
Chai, I disagree.

It sounds like something I would do. It depends on the person you are doing it to though. You seem to know them and that is important. It is important because what you think is funny someone else might not. Even if you do know them well it can back fire.

Your joke doesn't hurt anyone (financially, physically or emotionally) in fact that tip sounds good. However, if they don't find it funny remember you might not be welcome in that bar anymore, then how will you feel?
You may also not ever know why they didn't think it was funny and even if you apologize to that person they may never speak to you again. That is the risk you take.

How do I know? because it has happened to me and I knew that person for over 10 years.

Playing jokes back and forth is fun, I do it all the time and I hear stories of other people who do it where they work. Some have been going on with 2 particular people for years and it is hilarious.

Just remember you might lose a friend over it.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:14 am
Thanks tryingtohelp. Smile Yeah, I know. I hope I'm not wrong, but I don't think there is much of a risk here. He comes into my work a few times a week on his way to work and it's been an ongoing thing between us... that his payback is coming... So, he knows I've been scheming and he knows something is coming his way... He just has no idea when or how.

So keep your fingers crossed this doesn't backfire, because if it doesn't... it is going to be funny as heck! Razz
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:20 am
Place your tip over a full glass, pull it tight, invert the glass on the bar....
0 Replies
 
Slappy Doo Hoo
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:22 am
You should slash his tires. Or kill his mom. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:28 am
Hey drewdad, that one sounds rather funny too. Someone tried to explain that one to me the other day. I guess never having seen that done I am afraid to even try it. With my luck I'd end up wearing that glass of water!

Slappy... ummm... nevermind... Razz
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:31 am
It's not terribly original. He's probably seen it many times before.
0 Replies
 
TTH
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 10:35 am
DrewDad wrote:
Place your tip over a full glass, pull it tight, invert the glass on the bar....

That won't work, the pennies will drop in Confused Laughing Laughing
Well Treya said pennies.

Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
You should slash his tires. Or kill his mom. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing



Good luck Treya I hope you are right.
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 11:20 am
Treya wrote:
Hmmm... funny thing is Chai... not everyone thinks like you. :wink:


You asked for an opinion, I gave it.

I don't think that's funny at all, nor do I find practical jokes humorus. Never have. In general, I think they're immature.

I think practical jokes are a way of doing something hurtful to someone while maintaining your innocence. "I was Only Joking" or "Can you Take a Joke"? It's a left handed way of hurting someone.

Also, as said, I think utilizing your time trying to scheme something up shows you have little else to do.

But, that's just me, wink emoticon or not.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:01 pm
Ok Chai, it's a fair enough opinion. I won't disagree there. Different strokes for different folks right. As with anything in life motive is the key. That's why like tryingtohelp said you need to know who you are joking with, otherwise it could backfire very easily and they can misunderstand the motive behind it. However, when a good practical joke does work out it can be a means for laughter and enjoyment. It all depends on the people involved I guess.

Regarding your statement as to how I'm spending my time though... really... it is my opinion that it shouldn't be any concern of yours how I choose to spend my time. Especially considering you honestly have no clue how I spend my time except in what I do and say here in the forum. And if you're willing to make such a harsh judgment about "how I spend my time" based on one thread I started... well more power to you girl. I hope that all works out for you.
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:11 pm
Well, I know you sit around bars several times a week too. That says a lot.

A lot of things seem a lot more clever than they when your lubricated with booze.

Events that have you rolling in the aisles after a couple drinks would look rather pathetic to the average person.

If I was working in a bar, and you gave me $10.00 in pennies, I'd shrug it off and take it down to a coin star when it was convenient to me. Or not, it might sit in a jar for a few years.

Then again, your bar tender might be some thick lummox who finds solutions like this mentally challenging.

And yes, I am willing to make harsh judgements, I have a lot of power.
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:21 pm
Well... I'm glad to see how highly you think of yourself Chai. I'm sure that will get you far in life. Very Happy
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 03:13 pm
Treya wrote:
Well... I'm glad to see how highly you think of yourself Chai. I'm sure that will get you far in life. Very Happy


It already has my dear..it already has.

My horizons are broad and vast.
0 Replies
 
gustavratzenhofer
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 03:24 pm
Treya wrote:
I was drinking a whiskey sour. When I came back I took a big 'ol swig of my drink and while I was gone he had switched my glass with a half a glass of just sour mix. ACK!


Here's what you do: The next time this guy has to go somewhere and asks you to watch his drink.... take the glass, place it behind your butt, and TAKE A DUMP IN THE DAMN THING!!!

What could be simpler than that?
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 03:40 pm
Wow. That's awesome Chai. I'm very happy for you.

So now I'm going to kindly ask you to just let me be since it appears there's some sort of issue going on here. If I'm wrong about that I'll go ahead and apologize now, however, if there is I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you in PM. But other than that I don't feel I have much more to say to you at this point.

Good luck with all this power you now hold Chai. Power's nice, and can even seem a bit fun... but you know... it's not all that fun for others when a persons head gets bigger than their heart because of the power they hold. Just something to think about as you travel up this ladder of power you're on. Take care.



Gee Gus.... that's a really good idea... hmmm though... don't ya think peeing in it would be a little less obvious? Razz
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:30 pm
Treya wrote:
Wow. That's awesome Chai. I'm very happy for you.

So now I'm going to kindly ask you to just let me be since it appears there's some sort of issue going on here. If I'm wrong about that I'll go ahead and apologize now, however, if there is I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you in PM. But other than that I don't feel I have much more to say to you at this point.

Good luck with all this power you now hold Chai. Power's nice, and can even seem a bit fun... but you know... it's not all that fun for others when a persons head gets bigger than their heart because of the power they hold. Just something to think about as you travel up this ladder of power you're on. Take care.





Hepzibah/Treya...you don't do sarcasm well at all.
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:33 pm
What Slappy said.









Not! Laughing


You could put an ad in the local paper advertising him as a swinging single/partner, but you don't use a name, you just supply a lot of detail and a phone number Smile
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:34 pm
Or print off a Wanted Poster off the internet and superimpose a B&W shot of him and covertly put copies around outside his bar.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Oddities and Humor - Discussion by edgarblythe
Let's play "Caption the Photo" II - Discussion by gustavratzenhofer
JIM NABORS WAS GOY? - Question by farmerman
Funny Pictures ***Slow Loading*** - Discussion by JerryR
Caption The Cartoon - Discussion by panzade
Geek and Nerd Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux - Discussion by panzade
IS IT OK FOR ME TO CHEAT? - Question by Setanta
2008 Election: Political Humor - Discussion by Robert Gentel
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Practical Jokes--- Take Two...
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2022 at 07:58:54