How To Tell If My GF Is Pregnant?

Bohne

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 01:28 am
[quote="Andrew2006"]... and we found out she is 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant.[/quote]

I never knew a doctor could put it down to the exact day...
Mine just told me, by judging the size of the fetus, I'd have to be in week 7.
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:33 am
We got all the things she needs right now.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 May, 2007 06:38 am
Bohne wrote:
[quote="Andrew2006"]... and we found out she is 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

I never knew a doctor could put it down to the exact day...
Mine just told me, by judging the size of the fetus, I'd have to be in week 7.[/color][/quote]

They do it based on the first day of your last period, so they do get it to the day. It's not 100% accurate because you're counting 2 weeks of not actually being pregnant but it allows them a window of 2 weeks either way to set your due date.

In reality, the fetus is 5 weeks, 4 days old.
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:56 pm
Yeah. Also, we are going to her OB Doctor on the 22nd for another checkup. I'll give you all another update.
0 Replies

bibliona

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 04:29 am
Congrats!!! what happened now when you last went to the doctor is everything ok??
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:51 pm
Sorry I haven't been on here. I've been working every day. Everything with the baby is fine. We heard the heartbeat on the 12th of June. They didn't even need to look for it. They placed it on her stomach, and found the heartbeat right then. They said it was healthy and fine. We go back to the doctor on July 10th. She will be at 4 months. They will be doing a ultrasound and they will look and try to find out what we are having. The woman that is going to do it, is really good. I really hope we can find out!!!
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 09:02 pm
Tuesday, me and my fiancee found out we are having a baby boy!!!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 11:16 pm
congrats!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 02:28 am
congratulations!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 07:40 am
Andrew--

Congratulations.
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:15 pm
Thanks, everyone! We're really happy!!!! He is a active little one. He's already punching and kicking, lol. He moves alot. Which we are glad of. He is really healthy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:01 am
That is pretty awesome, I have to say....just a word of advice if you'll take it....

Do me a favor and please tell your gf not to get hung up on "kick counting". Maybe her doctor hasn't told her about it and maybe she hasn't read about it but they keep pushing kick counting on new mothers and frankly in my opinion it causes more stress than it's worth. I've heard all these new mothers stressing over their babies movements for nothing.

What they ask you to do is set aside time every day and you are suppose to lay down and count 10 kicks/movements in 2 hours. Well, for some babies, like mine, they don't always move at the same time. And she'd sometime goes hours without moving around (that I could feel anyway...I am 9 months preggo now so every movement is felt!).

Tell her the best thing to do is just know her babys habits. If her bean moves all day and she can feel him every 1-2 hours and then one day she doesn't feel him move for 3-4 hours, maybe she should call the dr. My little darling could go 5-6 hours without moving (again, that I could feel). And she is very hard to wake up (gets that from her father). I can jiggle her, poke her, sometimes she just doesn't want to wake up. If I had set kick count time aside during any of that, I'd have been running to the hospital all the time. But since I know her habits, I know she's fine without having to do kick counting for 2 hours.

They just fill us new mommies heads with too much information and then it makes us worry.

Again congratulations and good luck!!
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 08:14 pm
Alright, thanks alot for the advice. She feels him move alot.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 02:11 am
Kick Counting???

Never heard about it!
0 Replies

Andrew2006

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 09:02 am
Me either. But, it's actually fun to do.
0 Replies