SOPRANOS--da lass seezin.

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:06 pm
Well, let's see.....maternity jeans, giant underpants and a tank top.

Sexy enough for you?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:26 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Well, let's see.....maternity jeans, giant underpants and a tank top.

Sexy enough for you?

HEY!

I'm wearin' giant underpants too!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 03:38 pm
Ill have to watch again tonite since I only started last nights episode after Tony was telling Carmela that Chris was dead.

At the end, I thought that Tony yelled "I did it"!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 07:56 pm
farmerman wrote:
At the end, I thought that Tony yelled "I did it"!!

That's what I thought he said, too.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:44 pm
"....The episode concludes with Tony and Sonia looking out on the Nevada desert. Tony sees the sun flicker in the distance. He stands up to walk towards it. Both crying and laughing, he yells out at the sun, "I get it. I get it!"...."
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 10:45 pm
Me too.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:13 am
Finally caught it last night. Man!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 07:21 am
Roberta wrote:
Me too.

This was in reference to someone saying that they thought Tony said, "I did it." That's what I thought he said.

I agree with eoe. Man!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 08:24 am
I watched it again and I guess he's saying "I get it." Now I don't get it.

It does seem that Tony is on the edge of exploding. I think Phillie's in for a "Come to Jesus moment."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 May, 2007 10:08 am
eoe wrote:
Finally caught it last night. Man!

I think the all time 2 most emotionally draining Soparano episodes where...

When Carm and Tony had that knock down drag out fight, the one that got him kicked out of the house. Carmela had been looking really tired and sick the episodes before, and I was half convinced she had AIDS. Watching her laying her soul bare and the extreme anger was really hard to watch.

When Tony and Ralph had their showdown.
What a fight!!!
Hot frying pans being slung around, head getting beaten into the kitchen tile....kitchen knives being welded....I had my knees pulled up to my chest and was chewing my nails.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 05:19 am
It appears that theyre trying to reslove things without a great deal of context. I think the fact that theres only 2 episodes left has got the writers panicking. Im really not impressed with the series this year . LEotardo has been entering the picture from stage left and maybe the entire denoument is gonna be based upon a gang war with people switching sides and lots of going out with a bang.

I think the end of the last episode oughta have Tony wake up from a bad dream and telling his wife Adrianna, that he dreamed that he was this mob guy and all along hes a psychologist. Kinda like Bob Newhart
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:11 am
Well, the stage is certainly set for a shoot'em up gang war. With Leotardo backing out of a peace talk brokered by Carmine, there has to be blood spilled. That's already led to the Sopranos canceling phantom jobs for Leotardo's soldiers prompting a verbal assault on Meadow, and Tony's personal vengeance. Things have really escalated in this last episode.

The writing in this season's episodes seems sketchy. We've become accustomed to scripts that slowly fill out motivations and characters. One of the things that has made this series so good is the complexity and well-round characters. Tony is certainly a monster, but he's also just a guy trying to get by in the only environment he knows and is good at. On one hand Tony believes that he's a good family man, but he cheats on Carmela without hesitation or regret. He's betrayed and/'or killed his closest associates and family with only passing regret. It would be hard to duplicate Tony's character in a 2 hour movie, and this series has worked the same magic with characters who were little more than walk-ons. Now in the last season, the writers have those complexities to resolve in some final way. Tough job. Tony has to pay the price for his many crimes, but how can a satisfying ending deal with those likable, understandable parts of his twisted world that aren't monstrous? If Bob Newhart's classic and wonderful ending hadn't already been used, it would certainly be just the sort of deux ex machina that could end this series.

Whatever they do with the last two episodes, we are primed to watch them .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 08:31 am
Yeah...I loved the part where he gave Carm the watch with the engraving....I turned to my husband and said "Wonder if that was engraved before or after he screwed that chick?"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:40 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Yeah...I loved the part where he gave Carm the watch with the engraving....I turned to my husband and said "Wonder if that was engraved before or after he screwed that chick?"

Jeez Bella wise up. You don't give the expensive gift if you didn't get some really wild pussy.... from someone.... grateful or guilty, those are the motivations....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:45 am
I think it's going to end like "The Departed," meaning a lot of shooting and killing in a short period of time.

That part where he kicked the back of Coco's head, knocking his teeth out...that was cool.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:54 am
That's not the first time Tony took out his anger by kicking teeth out against a hard object. Earlier he "punished" a delinquent debtor by beating him up on the street, then kicking out the poor soul's teeth against the concrete curbstone. Tony doesn't have a high threshold for his inevitable frustrations.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 10:59 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I think it's going to end like "The Departed," meaning a lot of shooting and killing in a short period of time.

That part where he kicked the back of Coco's head, knocking his teeth out...that was cool.

and then found the tooth in his pants cuff while talking to Anthony Jrs' shrink.... gosh, I wonder why that kid is so f**ked up?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 11:02 am
Some of the teeth that spilled out of Coco's face, were molars. Tony would make an excellent nun.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 11:03 am
That's not the first time Tony took out his anger by kicking teeth out against a hard object. Earlier he "punished" a delinquent debtor by beating him up on the street, then kicking out the poor fellow's teeth against the concrete curbstone. Tony doesn't have a high threshold for his inevitable frustrations.

I don't think Tony ever feels much guilt, for anything. Having sex with other women doesn't even come close to prompting feelings of guilt. I think, Tony really did believe that the inscription on the watch reflected his feelings for Carmela, and when she threw the watch back in his face, he was offended at the rejection of his love. Tony is a complex guy, as most of us are. Thankfully most of us constrain our darker selves, but Tony has virtually no constraints on his emotions or dealings with other people. We are invited to understand what makes him tick, but that understanding should never let us forget that this is a dangerous man who ultimately is the enemy of civilized society.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 22 May, 2007 01:28 pm
Asherman wrote:
but Tony has virtually no constraints on his emotions or dealings with other people. We are invited to understand what makes him tick, but that understanding should never let us forget that this is a dangerous man who ultimately is the enemy of civilized society.

How true. Tony is who he is.

AJ makes me sick. He's such a weak little punk. The perfect mess for Tony and Carmela. You just knew he didn't have the guts to kill himself and that whole scene was yet another show of what a big sissy he is. I was waiting for Tony to have a heart attack in the water. Now THAT would have been interesting but perhaps, too easy a way out?
0 Replies