Don't Like Hubby's New Friend

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:33 pm
That's what I mean about not being sure there's much else you can do... 'cept vent, I guess!

What will the situation be if money does come up? Like, is it his money/ his business/ his decision, or will you have some say there?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:39 pm
remind him about "womans intuition"

I know what you mean, if someone wants to invest their time with someone/something, that's their choice.

I take a hard line when it comes to money though. That's one of the few things that, if you rip me off once, forget it.

Money, get back.
Im all right jack keep your hands off of my stack

Money, its a crime.
Share it fairly but dont take a slice of my pie.

Pink Floyd

I can be very generous and give it to you like a drunken sailor, but don't take it from me.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:44 pm
If there's a way to find out his track record, do so. He may have the
credentials to back up his big mouth.

Have the hubby and BigMouth set up a series of benchmarks to chart the
progress of the project. Monitor BigMouth's performance against the
benchmarks. Be ready to bail if he's not pulling on his oar.

I've worked in software for a long time and as a group we've got more
divas than La Scala. Some are indeed worth putting up with. As for the
others, see BiPolar Bear's advice.

You seem to have good instincts. Trust, but verify.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:46 pm
Eoe--

Wait and see and hope you're wrong.

An extroverted, chest-beating cock-a-doodle guy can be great at P.R. and sales (although obviously not for everyone).

Have you pinned down why your husband finds this guy congenial and good business material?

Keep a crying towel handy. Wait and see and hope you're wrong. Practice not saying, "I told you so."

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:04 pm
I actually am in sort of this situation now with my husband. This has also just recently happend to my aunt who talks about it quite openly. In my situation, I hate the fact that my husband and this guy are friends because this person to me is just no good. I used to be friends with this guy and we would all hang out but that was a long time ago. This is the type of friend that would try and get my husband to do things he knew I didn't approve of like go to strip clubs or drink excessivly and have to spend the night at his house, or smoke pot, or smoke cigarettes. He still to this day hangs out with him but there really isn't anything I can do about it.

In the situation with my aunt, her husband treats his new best bud like a girlfriend, which my aunt has now nick named him "my husbands girlfriend, Dave." Apparently her husband and this guy talk on the phone all the time and go out every weekend to do guy stuff all weekend long. I think she just recently told him how jealous she was of how much time they spent together. But I really don't think there is anything you can do. If I knew the secret to getting him to stop hanging out with him, boy would I be seeking it out though.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:08 pm
eoe wrote:
Hubby hasn't invested any money as of yet. It's his precious time that he's giving up and that's fine, but he's the type to engulf himself, put his all into it and, I'm just not altogether certain that it's wise, under the circumstances. He's had some major disappointments recently and I'd just hate to see this blow up in his face as well. He's the sensitive sort that can be devastated by callousness but, he refuses to take off the rose-colored glasses. I love him for that, his perpetual optimism and yet, I've seen what disappointment can do to him.

This is the most adorable statement said about a mate you love very much. I would be so touched to have a partner know me as well and speak so lovingly. I hope your hubbie reads A2K!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:14 pm
wow kittkatt, your situation sounds almost identical to eoe's.

eoe, what heeven said.

a couple of years back, my husband got scammed out of $1,000. He wasn't trying to make money, it was a loan to someone that went terribly wrong...long story.

It's not my style to do this anyway to him, but I could tell he was grateful when there was no "I told you so" It was bad enough for me to see the funk this threw him in.

poor dear.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 03:09 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kill them.

This is what I'll want to do if this man breaks my husband's heart. I almost want to go and have a chat with him but how utterly ridiculous is that? We're talking about grown men here, not a helpless toddler. I just wish my husband was more shrewd when it comes to business is all. We've talked about this and he insists that he's not going to allow himself to be taken advantage of so altho' my gut is still churning about this guy, I've got to stand back and let it happen, however it happens.

Not an easy thing for the girl...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:47 am
Surprise, surprise...hubby's rose-colored glasses are starting to dull. This morning he said that his friend has been doing alot of talking but not generating much action and hubby's not altogether sure that getting so deeply involved in their business venture is such a good idea now. That was all I wanted. That he keeps his eyes wide opened and his thinking cap on tight. He's not dumping the project completely, which is good, but I can see now that he's not going to be suckered either.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:13 am
eoe wrote:
Surprise, surprise...hubby's rose-colored glasses are starting to dull. This morning he said that his friend has been doing alot of talking but not generating much action and hubby's not altogether sure that getting so deeply involved in their business venture is such a good idea now. That was all I wanted. That he keeps his eyes wide opened and his thinking cap on tight. He's not dumping the project completely, which is good, but I can see now that he's not going to be suckered either.

mmmm hmmmm......
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:19 am
That's encouraging, eoe.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:24 am
It certainly is so...never mind. Very Happy

(gee. I wonder if hubby does read A2K after all?)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 02:00 pm
Eoe--

One worry down, only 99 more to go.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 02:45 pm
Great big ATTABOY to the hubby!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 02:50 pm