My wife never fails to amaze/annoy me!

Jeremiah

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 07:22 pm
Chai wrote:
stuh505 wrote:
Chai & Linkat, I am detecting a strange implication from the two of you that you don't think all women are compulsive shoppers. Sounds like an enigma to me!

Why I oughta..... :wink:

J -
Is shopping her main recreation? Does she do it as a "pick-me-up"

Here's one of just many links I saw.....Compulsive Shopping

When people do stuff like this, I wonder how it manifested itself in different ages?
There weren't always malls, and everyone didn't live in a village. What you needed you made.

Yes...she does it for a "pick-me-up". It just annoys the hell out of me when she buys clothes and I look at our closets filled with tons and tons of clothes!! Mad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 07:30 pm
It annoys you... well, sure. Are you listening that this can be a kind of addiction?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 07:01 am
stuh505 wrote:
Chai & Linkat, I am detecting a strange implication from the two of you that you don't think all women are compulsive shoppers. Sounds like an enigma to me!

I for one am not a compulsive shopper and many women I know are not. So yes I am saying that all women are not compulsive shoppers.

My husband on the other hand can be a compulsive shopper. He once came home with a brand new huge expensive TV - never said anything to me. And we already have one that was only a couple years old and worked perfectly fine. He felt this "new" TV would be better as it was flatter in the front and would fit in the TV stand better. I looked at him as if he had two heads - he packed it up and returned it.

Now who is the compulsive shopper?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 07:39 am
Does she pay her chunk of the bills?

Oy! It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if I'll ever be 'ready' to get married.

It seems most folk fall for their financial opposites!

I dunno. Guess it depends how you 'share' your money in your home. An entire collective pool? Seperate accounts plus a collective for household/family necessities?

Then if the 150 she is spending is her own personal loose change, you can shrug and forget about it. "none of yo' business" type of thing.

Man, am I making any sense?

Just wondering if you are annoyed because of the money and possible consequence to the shared - or just with her and her habits? Laughing

My tolerance for compulsive shopping is zilch - regardless of if any of my money or shared stuff is involved - simply because it is so damned BORING to listen, watch, and hear a 'retail therapist' recount their stories and show their stuff.

[size=7]nobody hurt me, but the truth is, to me, it's like dealing with bratty kid. Me wants! Me gets![/size]

Yeah. No help, am I.

I can't really take it seriously as an addiction, any more than having to go out clubbing and drinking every weekend is an addiction. It's just playing the kid in this world. ..fine when you are single, but if you are getting married or having kids, it's like, why? Just stay single.

end of rant.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
My ex-wife had over 150pairs of shoes. She only wore 6 pairs of those. When we got married I put an end to her shoe buying ways. When we divorced she exploded in a shoe buying frenzy. Now she wears 7 pairs.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 10:02 am
I like to have new clothes pretty often but my budget can't afford it. I go to the goodwill super store and the consignments shops to get my "fix". I also like bargains on ebay. I probably spend about 40.00 per month on new clothes. It helps that malls and shopping centers drive me crazy. It helps that I am seriously cheap.
0 Replies

amerigirl86

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 12:38 pm
this might be mean but if you give her money i would stop.if she doent have a job tell her to go get one and pay for her on clothes.you provide for her thats good enough .GOOD LUCK :wink:
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 03:19 am
[quote="stuh505"]Chai & Linkat, I am detecting a strange implication from the two of you that you don't think all women are compulsive shoppers. Sounds like an enigma to me![/quote]

I HATE SHOPPING!

Damn it, my jacket is falling apart, but I cannot bring myself to go look for a new one!
Can there be anything more boring and tiring than shopping?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:22 am
Bohne wrote:
Can there be anything more boring and tiring than shopping?[/color]

cleaning vertical blinds...well, not really tiring, but plenty boring.

loading and unloading the dishwasher is pretty bad too.

I'd say these 2 things are on a par with clothes shopping.

waiting to get your oil changed.
waiting for clothes to dry....
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 09:14 am
[quote="Chai"][quote="Bohne"]Can there be anything more boring and tiring than shopping?[/quote]

cleaning vertical blinds...well, not really tiring, but plenty boring.

loading and unloading the dishwasher is pretty bad too.

I'd say these 2 things are on a par with clothes shopping.

waiting to get your oil changed.
waiting for clothes to dry....[/quote]

I load/unload the dishwasher at least once a day... No problem there!
Don't think I have ever cleaned vertical blinds, though!
I can imagine that being pretty bad!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 01:00 pm
Chai wrote:
There weren't always malls, and everyone didn't live in a village. What you needed you made.

Idle hands....we all know the saying, and the meaning. So much "free time" now...people will simply invent things to keep them occupied. I know a slew of people that have made a hobby out of going to the doctor....little tinge of pain in the head...."It's a brain tumor, I know it"....MRI, CT scan, lower/upper GI, Bee Gee's, TCB's...ICBM's....ok, some of those are not medical tests...but you get my point. But I have heard that the Bee Gee's test is a real muther.

Home Shopping Network, and such....oy....I know a couple {who are both realistic/budget minded people} that literally buy every new "as seen on tv" item that comes out. They don't order them, one of the chains....Wallgreens maybe....has some kind of deal with the "as seen" people, and carry each item. They bring them home, stand together in harmony and admire the shiny new box....they might even take the item out and use it, figure out the item does not work quite right, and takes longer to clean than it would have taken to...hand peel the potato in the first place...the item is then inserted...jammed....cause they never really fit....back into the box, to lay in "as seen" purgatory under the kitchen sink, on top of the upper cabinets, shed, attic...etc.

Most remain factory sealed, but these make for the best conversation pieces..."Hey, have you seen that new gadget"..."Yes, and as a matter of fact we own one, never even took it out of the box...chuckle, chuckle". This is one of the reasons why some folks hate Amercians, we buy things we don't need, and then laugh about it. The couple in question, are honest, hard working individuals, that have no "bad" habits, so if they enjoy doing this...so be it. Hell, I'm just gonna say it, I love my parents even though they are "as seen on tv" item addicts....may God have mercy on their souls.

And to finally address Chai's question.....way back when, wives, of course after all the chores were done, actually set aside a certain portion of the evening for sex....with their husbands. We often think of the pioneers as great adventurers, packing up and heading out west to seek a fresh start...when actually, they were just getting away from the city shops, so they could get...well...get busy.

Less shopping, more sex...barefoot and pregnant fellas...barefoot and pregnant.

I wonder if the Oregon trail still exists.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:02 pm
I feel like I understated my take on the "pioneers"...

The year is 1880:

The husband is out on the range driving cattle, trying to remember that today is his anniversary. Being that this is his 5th wife, in twenty years...wives just died a lot back then, nobody knows why....makes it hard to keep the dates straight, but he is trying his best. As he looks to the sky, he is caught up in it's beauty, it reminds him of his wife, he can hardly wait until tonight....he rolls a cigarette and enjoys it as the cattle mosey along.

Back at the cabin, the wife has taken a break from chopping wood to make something special for her husband....a little nighty made out of an old flour sack...it's not much but she knows he will appreciate it. She then finishes with the wood, and starts to build a barn....she thinks to herself "I should have started the barn earlier, I'm six months along now, the baby will be here anytime." She decides to work twice as hard.

The husband finally gets home after dark, they have a nice quiet dinner...then she slips into her flour sack nighty, which takes him all of 2.1 seconds to rip from her body, and ravish her until the cock crows, or until it just won't work anymore...however you want to phrase it.

The year is 2007:

The husband, in the middle of rush hour is driving home....he is trying to remember that today is his anniversary. Being that this is his 5th wife in twenty years....wives don't die as often, they just start "doing it" with other guys, the husbands usually don't know why....but he is trying his best....not to pull out his 9mm and shoot that sob that just cut him off...he takes his blood pressure med, applies his nicotine patch, and enjoys a handful of Tums as he sits in traffic, and curses the world.

The wife has been shopping all day, looking for that perfect outfit, for that special evening with Ted...or was it Dan....eh, the tall one. Along the way she has bought six new pairs of shoes, a few dresses, some hats...and a few things for her mother, whom she met for lunch at that ritzy place downtown. She gets home and scolds the maid for not being finished yet, and threatens to call INS, if she doesn't get her Columbian ass in gear...es pronto.

The husband finally gets home, his vision is blurry and his left arm is going numb...they sit down for a nice meal that she ordered from Chan's takeout...he hates Chan's, poodle always makes his peptic ulcer act up...but he eats it anyway. Then she slips into her five piece Victoria's Secret outfit, which takes him about half an hour to remove, ever so gently from her body...because it cost 375.00....he then ravishes her for 2.1 seconds, and passes out in a Milk of Magnesia/Zoloft induced coma.

Is that better?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:10 pm
Oooo...I just had this happen to me too. My husband complains that when I actually do go out to eat that it can cost anywhere up to $!0. I don't go out to eat that often but when I do I usually feel like treating myself to somewhere that isn't going to be covered in grease, so yes, sometimes I go to a deli and get a combo that costs $9. He bitches and whines about it.

So the other day I get a letter in the mail from the sherrifs department with my husbands name on the front. I opened it to find out that my husband had gotten a ticket for violating the carpool lane law (something I have been warning him to stop doing after I found out he was doing it on a daily basis). He thinks that he can get away with riding alone in the carpool lane and never get caught, but sure enough, he got caught. Guess how much the ticket cost???? Almost $400! Hmm....I wonder how many lunches I could get with that money.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 02:22 pm
gosh, I hate that too.

chan's is really greasy and they never give you enough soy sauce.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 02:41 am
I have to admit, I have no idea what my husband spends his money on.
We don't have a joint account, I spend my money and he spends his.
And neither bitches about the other one spending money on whatever.

(A really really cool quote from my husband when asked by a friend's husband if I spend as much money on useless stuff as my friend does:
'Whatever Bohne buys, I am sure she needs in one way or another!')

And I don't open his mail either!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 11:22 am
2packs, great writing...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 12:19 am
Grazie amico.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 09:48 am
amica...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:47 am
Ah, so the "a" makes it feminine...another lesson learned.
0 Replies

tory30

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:47 pm
What is money all about anyway???
I think that money has to allot to do with the power one has in the relationship. Money rules allot in our society. When he is out working making the money and at the end of the day there isn't any money left in the account, he wonders why. Makes sense. Women have been using that power since the late 60's. Amazing how far we as women have come so far.
0 Replies