for straight men, what would u answer to this question?

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 07:42 am
I just figured out another possibility -- are you asking how straight men answer the question so you can answer like a straight man?

I'm curious about your answers to Phoenix's questions, too, and generally agree with her take.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 09:19 am
sozobe wrote:
I just figured out another possibility -- are you asking how straight men answer the question so you can answer like a straight man?

Hahaha. Anyway...a real man lowers his hat, putts out his cigarette and slugs the offender in the jaw.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 09:21 am
My response would be... get on your knees and kiss my crotch.... if I become aroused I'm gay... if not ....well... you just kissed my crotch you douchebag....
0 Replies

kingofmen

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:29 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
kingofmen- How old are you? Do your folks know that you are gay? Is the area where you live accepting of the gay lifestyle?

i'm 21 now. at this age, i think i know who i really am. i'm from an asian country. People here are very conservative. That's why i cannot come out
sozobe wrote:

yes, that's my intention. I cannot ask my friends or anyone i know about this, because, u know, they would figure out. That's why i'm posting it on this forum
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:37 am
I'm sorry you live somewhere that makes it difficult for you to come out.

From the responses here, it sounds like a simple "no" is best. Though there may be cultural differences, too. (As in, straight men who are asked if they are gay in your country may answer differently than people here.)
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:13 am
sozobe wrote:
I'm sorry you live somewhere that makes it difficult for you to come out.

From the responses here, it sounds like a simple "no" is best. Though there may be cultural differences, too. (As in, straight men who are asked if they are gay in your country may answer differently than people here.)

Yeah...what she said. Around here, expected responses would be

"haha, no"
"shut up"
"haha f*ck you"

The one thing you don't do is get all quiet and pause, then say no in a trembling voice. Then your secret is out for sure!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:16 am
I think I'd go with Stuh's "ha ha, f*ck you," approach. I think the guys I know would brush it off and act like it was obviously a stupid joke.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 12:04 pm
kingof--

You are a real man, no matter what your sexuality is.

I hate it that you don't feel safe admitting who you are. I wish you could move somewhere where you will feel more comfortable.

If you want to hide it, maybe when they ask, look at them with mild annoyance and say, "Dude, damn." Like it's an absurd question.

I think you should get a girlfriend (if you are worried about getting beaten up or something.

Could you stand one?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 06:38 pm
When I was about 17 I learned how to reply.

I worked retail, at a trendy fashion establishment. this was my first experiance with gay people. Many of my coworkers were gay. I was really nervous that they would hit on me and it would be uncomfortable. then I learned that there was something about me that kept them from hitting on me; something that they just weren't into: I was straight.

Ironically, the desire shifted. After about a year of never being hit on a random gay customer walked in and hit on me (I'm pretty sure). I was so relieved, I thought I might be ugly. phew.

So now when people ask me if I am gay, I just smile and growl. I think my actions and personality communicate my sexuality just fine. I am comfortable with my hetrosexuality, I don't need to worry about being ambiguous.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've been hit on... I need to break out the ass jeans.
0 Replies

kingofmen

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 06:31 pm
thanks for your answers, guys and gals
i hope your ideas will help in my situation
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 07:07 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Anyway...a real man lowers his hat, putts out his cigarette and slugs the offender in the jaw.

Yes.
But, a shot to the ribs is more productive, still gets the point across but does not lead to an all out brawl..as often.

Lash wrote:
You are a real man, no matter what your sexuality is.

Yes.

Dude, just be who you are, as much as you can be.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 08:17 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
stuh505 wrote:
Anyway...a real man lowers his hat, putts out his cigarette and slugs the offender in the jaw.

Yes.
But, a shot to the ribs is more productive, still gets the point across but does not lead to an all out brawl..as often.

Well now I'm confused, I thought brawls were supposed to be manly. Hmm looks like it's back to the library.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2007 10:19 pm
Yes sir you are correct, there is no substitute for a good solid manly brawl. But brawling, and just generally being a manly man, can get quite expensive, not to mention time consuming these days...time spent in court for all the damage of property lawsuits....the anger management classes...blood borne disease testing if any blood is spilt...and lets face it, it ain't a brawl until someones dna is splattered about the place....and the list goes on.

So although I do long for the days when two {or more, not trying to limit anyones fun here} guys can stand toe to toe and knock each others teeth loose, then shake it off, throw back a few beers and tell those "This one time I was banging this chic" stories until the sun comes up...manly behavior is simply no longer a fiscally sound hobby.

But, men will be men, and my advice for anyone newly venturing into manly land...especially if you are not real sure of yourself....would be to start with some serious finger pointing, combined with some rough language, and see how that works for ya...then move up to the rib-shot. Now this "rib" level is a good time to experiment with the jab, hook, cross, uppercut, and overhand right/left. Then when you are comfortable with your manliness, progress to the John Wayne of punches, the haymaker....aka, a roundhouse or a Sunday Punch.

Of course if you know there is a "Hoss" inside you, and you have an overwhelming desire to release him, then by all means jump in with both feet. You might start by picking a fight with...oh say...four of five little Mexican guys...they are small, but man are they fast, talk about your total cardiovascular workout...and this will surely put you on the fast track to becoming a true manly man, in record time.

Just make sure you bring your checkbook.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 01:23 am
Lash wrote:
If you want to hide it, maybe when they ask, look at them with mild annoyance and say, "Dude, damn." Like it's an absurd question.
That would be a tell if a man answered like that. Don't do it. (Lash is a lovely lady, btw)

Unless you're spotted with another dude, no one's going to know anything for sure anyway unless you tell them. I'm straight, but love to mess with the homophobes.

Acquaintance: "No, sorry dude" in an apologetic tone and put him on the defensive.

Friend (probably tougher to lie to, so don't): (in a questioning tone)"Well, I'm not 100% sure" (pause, then in the manly tone) "why don't you suck my dick until I figure it out?" (Don't actually let him though... that would be a tell. :wink:)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 10:48 am
OMG. Bill's was better!
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:52 am
Why not reply, "Where is your "gay-dar"?
0 Replies