Separate Vacations

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:39 am
Re: Separate Vacations
BT0615 wrote:
Many psychologists believe that separate vacations is a road to divorce.

Where did you find this information? I'd like to read it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:43 am
Re: Separate Vacations
BT0615 wrote:

Many psychologists believe that separate vacations is a road to divorce. If you need a break from your spouse, there are much deeper issues. I would never think of going on a vacation without my husband and if I did, I would have to think about why.

What eoe said.

Besides that, of course no-one here forces someone and especially you to go on seperate vacations.

And if you actually had read the responses, you would notice it's exactly the "why" which most if not all 'send' us seperated from our partners to vacations.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:45 am
You say many psychologists say separate vacations are the road to divorce?

What if MOST psychologists say it is not?

Anyway, what's wrong with having a vacation from each other? I didn't marry to be joined at the hip.

What? Is being married supposed to mean enjoying the exact same things in the exact same way 100% of the time?

I think someone unwilling to acknowledge needing separate time has a lot of fear about their relationship and the inability of it to remain sound by having your own wants and needs.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 07:54 am
Chai wrote:

Anyway, what's wrong with having a vacation from each other? I didn't marry to be joined at the hip.

What? Is being married supposed to mean enjoying the exact same things in the exact same way 100% of the time?

I think someone unwilling to acknowledge needing separate time has a lot of fear about their relationship and the inability of it to remain sound by having your own wants and needs.

You just had to take the bait, didn't cha?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 08:01 am
eoe wrote:
Chai wrote:

You just had to take the bait, didn't cha?

huh?

you responded before I did, so didn't you take it first?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 08:11 am
Only kidding Chai. You're always ready to jump into the fray and that tickles me, is all.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 08:22 am
eoe wrote:
Only kidding Chai. You're always ready to jump into the fray and that tickles me, is all.

I always keep a ready stock of peacock feathers at hand.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:11 am
If your relationship is solid and the trust is there, what's the big deal about taking a separate vacation? If it's so rocky that you're worried you can't let him out of your sight, the relationship has a lot more problems than separate vacations.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:14 am
checked with mrs h : she doesn't want a separate vacation either !
digging up photo-albums with pictures from vacations 20-30-even 40 years ago is always a lot of fun !
we very much enjoy re-living our vacations that way and planning for new ones - separate vacations just wouldn't suit us .
but : to each her/his own !
hbg
0 Replies