9/11 - The Presidential Cover-up Continues!

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:53 am
Politicians with nothing to hide have nothing to fear, See the following informative link to today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/09/politics/09TERR.html?th

Whilst paying much lip-service to the work of the Commission, intentional STALLING appears to be the order of the day. In other words, judge their deeds, not their words.

Clearly, people in the highest places have much to keep hidden from the electorate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,584 • Replies: 92
No top replies

au1929

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:21 am
The entire exercise is as many launched in Washington IMO will end up as a boondoggle and farce. Millions will be spent in an exercise I will call "point a finger'. And when all is said and done will the finger point in the right direction? I doubt it. In any event at this late date will it matter to anyone? Couldn't the time and money be better spent?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 08:59 am
Dick, The Dark Dank Vortex That Doth Suck All Energy & L
== THE MEDIA SKEW ==
Fertile weeds from the savage garden of the SF Gate newswires

== Dick Be The Dark Dank Vortex That Doth Suck All Energy And Light
A federal appeals court rejected BushCo's whiny little sneering draconian bid to stop a lawsuit that seeks to delve into the energy industry's painfully obvious, rather disgusting ties to VP Dick Cheney's crony-riffic "energy task force," you remember the one, coupla years back, where BushCo was shaping national energy policy and it was all about oil dependency and hydroelectrics and mining and other environmentally and culturally noxious crap that keeps us stuck in warmongering global-conquest hate mode and blocks alternative energy exploration and progress and humanity, and Dickie brought in every single one of his Big Energy lizard-men to staff the "task force" and they cranked out a major BushCo policy that pretty much handed massive billions to Big Energy and Big Oil and screwed the environment and the planet like a Republican screws a ten-dollar hooker? You remember now?

In a 2-1 ruling, the court said BushCo must turn over some information
about the task force or list specific documents that they intend to withhold from the proceedings, which was everything, btw, BushCo has fought like a ferret on meth to keep from revealing a single thing, a single name, because it was so goddamn obvious how deeply and nauseatingly sucked down into the vortex of pallid rich white-guy cronyism they so disgustingly were.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2003/07/08/financial1137EDT0076.DTL&nl=fix
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 11:26 am
I'm urging MoveOn to make this one of its issues, one for which it provides facilities to harass and badger members of Congress into doing what needs to be done. The first thing that needs to be done is to extend the Commission's charter 'way beyond 5/04. The Justice Department, the Pentagon and others are stonewalling while the White House talks "cooperation" (and does nothing). It's quite possible the administration will stonewall right up to the end of the charter in May. I think we should coalesce behind the 9/11 victims' families' organizations, make sure both they and Congress understand they have wide support in wanting to get answers to the unanswered questions.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 11:40 am
It seems just possible that answers will only come with a Democrat Government, since horrifying revelations are not on the Bush or Republican agenda.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 11:47 am
Lest we forget, remember the early days of Watergate? It looked like that was going nowhere, too. Just a bunch of weak Democrats taking on the powerful Nixon White House. I will say no more...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:48 pm
But you can kill hopes with a couple of words, D'art! I hope there are a few Republicans writhing out there!
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 04:18 pm
A second related link from today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/09/opinion/09WED1.html?th

Surely now is the time for the Democratic would-be candidates to be asking very public questions of those so reluctant to answer?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 10:36 pm
Tom Kean is known as an intelligent, compassionate republican, respected in New Jersey and elsewhere. As the Jersey papers said, what came from Kean about all this is equivalent to someone else shouting. This is very strong from kean, who has a lot of good ties to the Senate and the House.

D'art - I've been having this running thing with VNN (remember her? she'll be back) about what will bring this admin down. And I've been saying for a while that in my opinion it will be Iraq - the other issues will contribute, but so much is involved here. 9/11, the budget, credibility, lies - Iraq is the key. And despite what Rumsfeld and Franks (who is also from Midway or whatever that place is), Texas, things seem to be going to hell over there.

And yes, Watergate. Started small, nobody wanted to believe anything happened, or that the president was involved - and it took three years. (This is moving faster.) A crooked AG who went to jail, Haldeman and Ehrlichman (Rove) who went down in disgrace. And Nixon was smart and knew a lot of the ropes.

Mandela wouldn't meet with Bush! How's that look? A loss of face.

When they start blaming each other, it will be fun to watch.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 06:29 am
There is a natural tendancy on the part of the American people to believe that their elected President would do no wrong. Yet track records cannot be ignored.

First, the U.S.S.C. and fraud aided capture of the White House, then September 11th, then cover-ups, then Afghanistan, then Iraq, next Iran?

Would politicians with the morality and lack of compassion, to go to war using months of blatant lies to the people and the U.N. about Iraq's Weapons Of Mass Destruction and the resulting devastation of many innocent lives (including our armed forces), have too much integrity to have lied about or even have instigated other equally life-endangering events in pursuit of their objectives?

Would any of the above have happened if Gore had become President? As has been implied, is it possible that as Watergate was for Nixon, 9/11 is the Presidential smoking gun?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2003 04:37 pm
Tenet falls on his sword for Bush
Cia Director George J. Tenet just fell on his sword to protect President George Bush and Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al, from exposing the Bush administration's lies to the American people, the UN and the rest of the world.

Tenet is being the "good soldier" to take the blame for Bush et al.

-----BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 02:22 am
Is not Tenet the BUSH-APPOINTED head of the C.I.A. now deflecting blame to the British security services (or should that be British politicians) - carefully overlooking the fact that the uranium information was known to be false well before the President used it as part of his speech to encourage public support for the invasion?

Should the President lose the 2004 election, a cynic might suspect that there will be much shredding of incriminating evidence of past misdeeds by the former high and mighty and a few 'convenient' suicides and accidents from amongst those who know too much.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:46 am
If one examines Tenet's statement more closely, one finds that it wasn't a sword he fell on after all but a wet noodle.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 07:55 am
It appears that Tenet drew the short straw. Embarrassed
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:08 am
I'm betting that within 3 days evidence will show that the CIA provided a disclaimer to VP Cheney of alleged evidence weeks if not months before the "speech"
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:14 am
Looks like a gradual diminution of the impact of Tenet's statement is underway...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:16 am
Which is, of course, very clever of the Shrub and Company. The most of citizens listen to the sound bites, and doze off during "in depth coverage." They'll have heard all that Rove wants to them to hear, and won't want to hear anything further.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 08:22 am
Well, Set, that seems to be changing. Maybe it's just entertainment while beach-bumming, but ears seem to be perking up. Local talk shows are NOT LETTING THIS GO and, as I've noted elsewhere, they are almost without exception right-wing shows... People like entertainment more than Bush maybe...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:06 am
Quote:
Bush considers the matter closed, said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer (news - web sites). "The president has moved on," he said
perchance he hath spoken too soon Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:19 am
dyslexia
Quote:

Bush considers the matter closed, said White House spokesman Ari Fleischer (news - web sites). "The president has moved on," he said

That is quite in character of this president. The man thinks he is omnipotent.
I am beginning to get the sinking feeling that this nation is going to hell in a handbasket.
Up until now I felt that whatever damage caused by Emperor George could be rectified by the next president. However, the damage being wrought by this administration is so severe it will take decades to repair.
0 Replies