If Jesus had known...

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2007 07:09 am
Joe Nation wrote:
That is why we must be kind to one another (which was after all the only commandment handed down by Christ)

Actually, Christ handed down TWO commandments: 1) love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and 2) love one another as He loves us.

It seems you agree with the 2nd but not the 1st. Why?
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:29 pm
Ma.
The only thing you have is a little pile of paper with words printed on both sides of each peice.. from this you then have used your mind to conjure up the words into some sort of reality and in so doing you have come alive in a world that is purely to me, without meaning and without reason or reality. this is going to be your world till you die... and only then will you be rewarded.
Death causes your mind to your loose it's source of fuel, your body...and death is what you are living your life for... but there are those of us who live in the real world... where some would prefer to live till till they die
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 09:46 am
Arella Mae wrote:
You prove my point so well maporsche. Let's see, if I were just dare to say that homosexuality is wrong, I am called homophobic, a bigot, and a whole lot of other words, merely because I express my beliefs? You just said that's my right!

According to many on this forum, I am the one that should change my beliefs because I disagree with their view on homosexuality. Now, can you equate this with religious beliefs? Somewhat, yes.

I believe because I believe. Is it a choice? Yes and no. I took that leap of faith but something in me allowed that or whatever you would call it. I don't require empirical evidence. Some do. The one question I wish could be answered is why do some require that proof and others don't.

But the point is, merely because someone is different (for whatever reason) it gives NONE OF US the right to demean them. Saying "I believe in God's eyes that is wrong because the Bible says so" is a whole lot different than calling someone delusional. I do not run around calling people that are homosexual names. I treat them with respect. My believing that it's wrong is no different than you believing I am wrong in stating how I feel about it. But, obviously, according to you, it's ok?

So, why is it ok for you to tell me how delusional (etc) I am and I can't tell someone else I believe something they are doing is wrong? Why is it ok for you but not me? That's where the word HYPOCRITE just jumps out at me.

Hey Mae! Take care. You are not alone.

John 15

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
0 Replies