Morning Coffee/Pick-Me-Up or Caffeine Withdrawal Help?

Swimpy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:26 pm
cello wrote:

Swimpy, that's interesting what you said. I thought that coffee affects the blood pressure, so I started to cut down and had all those withdrawal symptons, and I decided since I only live one life, I would rather live a happy life with coffee than a miserable one without coffee. But I asked my doctor, and he said there is no relation between coffee and high blood pressure.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-pressure/AN00792

It doesn't cause hyopertension, but if you already have it, I think you should not be consuming things that elevate the blood pressure even temporarily.
0 Replies

cello

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:35 pm
Swimpy, this is excellent info, thanks for the link. I have searched a little bit myself, but did not find any good one.

Caffeinated coffee? Never heard about that. And what a horror to read that chocolate should be reduced too. Shocked Are there decaffeinated chocolates out there?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 06:21 pm
Not that I know of. I haven't given up chocolate, btw. There has to be some joy in life.
0 Replies

cello

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:17 am
Laughing

By the way, I thought I should put a word of caution, in case someone has the same medical problem like me. Although I drink a lot of coffees per day, I only use 1/3 of a teaspoon per 10 oz cup. It makes a lot of difference on a cumulative basis.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 04:35 pm
Now you've done it -- had to walk across the street (okay, I got a nice view of the ocean, too) to get a cup of Mayan Mountain at Wild Oats.

I drink a mug (which is close to two cups except I use half-and-half, no sugar) and sometimes I don't finish it. Then, I either have tea in the afternoon or a half caffeinated, half de-caffeinated cup. It's important to take into consideration how big that coffee mug is -- the average one is really two cups. It's like I had three different sizes of red wine glasses, one as large as the Rose Bowl, even though I no longer indulge.

I also eat one small portion of at least 70% cocao chocolate in the morning and sometimes a piece in the evening (it actually helps me sleep).
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 01:30 pm
I enjoy my coffee and will sometimes drink up to 6 or 8 cups when working through the day, but on the days when early appointments force me to forego any coffee, I don't have any withdrawal symptoms. That's means I'm okay, right? Please tell me I'm okay. Shocked

Coffee is usually one of several beverage I enjoy, but mild acid reflux disease has forced me to forego black coffee in favor of coffee with cream and a packet of Splenda which makes it an especially soothing, tasty treat.

I won't ever give up coffee until I am absolutely forced to.
0 Replies