Is Bush a Fascist?

plainoldme

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:04 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
How many Americans do not believe politicians are bought by major corporations?

Most Republicans, if not all. Also, several very active members of this forum, but, I won't name names as it will draw them here.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:05 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
snookered wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
It's a dumb list now and it was a dumb list two years ago.

How can a list be dumb?

When it partakes of the attributes of dumbness.

The person who wrote list may be dumb, not the list it's self. Can't believe I'm trying to teach someone this mundane. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:06 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Sometimes the ignorance factor here is simply amazing.

The amount of self-control I am currently exercising is even more amazing.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:10 pm
Baldimo wrote:

Where do you see belligerent nationalism? If its people who are proud to be Americans then I don't see that as belligerent.

Authorizing its Army to invade a sovereign state for the purpose of removing the head of said state is not exactly the action of a pacifist.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:13 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You clearly don't recognize how good we have it.

Ridiculous.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:42 pm
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

You're not doing as well as you could be. Do try not to stand to close to the fire. :wink:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ridiculous.
Only to one too willfully ignorant to differentiate the United States from the average Dictatorship. Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:08 am
snookered wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
snookered wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
It's a dumb list now and it was a dumb list two years ago.

How can a list be dumb?

When it partakes of the attributes of dumbness.

The person who wrote list may be dumb, not the list it's self. Can't believe I'm trying to teach someone this mundane. Rolling Eyes

Your petty -- and incorrect -- grammatical quibbles might have more credibility if you were able to spell simple words like "itself" correctly.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:29 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

You're not doing as well as you could be. Do try not to stand to close to the fire. :wink:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ridiculous.
Only to one too willfully ignorant to differentiate the United States from the average Dictatorship. Laughing

My topic is, "Is President Bush a Fascist." The United States is still a Great Country! It is the Fascist like BUSH who I see destroying it from the day that the Supreme Court gave the election to him.
He claimed to be a UNITER. That he would bring countries together! Now he is the DECIDER. Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:54 am
snookered wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ridiculous.

...It is the Fascist like BUSH who I see destroying it from the day that the Supreme Court gave the election to him...

Both George Bush and Al Gore received about half of the votes of the American people in the 2000 election. If you disagree with the basis on which the Supreme Court resolved the dispute brought to them, please tell us what aspect of their reasoning you disagree with. Are you also asserting that George Bush didn't win the next election fairly?
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:19 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ridiculous.

...It is the Fascist like BUSH who I see destroying it from the day that the Supreme Court gave the election to him...

Both George Bush and Al Gore received about half of the votes of the American people in the 2000 election. If you disagree with the basis on which the Supreme Court resolved the dispute brought to them, please tell us what aspect of their reasoning you disagree with. Are you also asserting that George Bush didn't win the next election fairly?

You should quote my whole argument. Besides you are way off the my topic. How would I be asserting that Bush didn't win in 2004 fairly? Nothing I said even came close to that. Your not smart enough to read into anything I write.
Gore WON the Popular vote. The way you frame your statement,"both Bush and Gore received ABOUT HALF [/b] the votes is hysterical. The about half was Bush votes. Look it up. Gore won the popular vote, Bush got the Electorial Vote. Since when does the courts decide our President. Especially a Republican court at that.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:28 am
snookered wrote:
My topic is, "Is President Bush a Fascist."
Rolling Eyes If you have a clue what a fascist is, it doesn't show.
Bash Bush all you like; but Mussolini or Hitler he isn't... and your average 6th grader could explain the difference.

http://www.rushmore.navy.mil/littlebird2.jpg
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:32 am
snookered wrote:
You should quote my whole argument. Besides you are way off the my topic. How would I be asserting that Bush didn't win in 2004 fairly? Nothing I said even came close to that. Your not smart enough to read into anything I write.
Laughing How could he be. You don't even understand what you write yourself.

snookered wrote:
Gore WON the Popular vote. The way you frame your statement,"both Bush and Gore received ABOUT HALF [/b] the votes is hysterical. The about half was Bush votes. Look it up. Gore won the popular vote, Bush got the Electorial Vote. Since when does the courts decide our President. Especially a Republican court at that.
Were Bush a Fascist; Gore wouldn't have been available to receive about half the vote.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:21 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
snookered wrote:
My topic is, "Is President Bush a Fascist."
Rolling Eyes If you have a clue what a fascist is, it doesn't show.
Bash Bush all you like; but Mussolini or Hitler he isn't... and your average 6th grader could explain the difference.

I'll make it in 6th grade understanding for you. To put it simple, A Fascist
is a BULLY.
Why the picture of the OH6A (can't remember if your pix had a Y or T tail)
Were you a pilot or gunner in Vietnam?

http://www.rushmore.navy.mil/littlebird2.jpg
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:27 pm
snookered wrote:
is a BULLY.
Bully is probably fair, but there's an awful lot of ground between bully and fascist. You're on the internet; why not look it up?

snookered wrote:
Shocked Do I look that old? The Little Bird is pictured to provide the proverbial "black helicopter" that would be stalking you if you were right about Bush being a fascist. :wink:
(I thought they were perfect in Capricorn One)
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:11 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
snookered wrote:
is a BULLY.
Bully is probably fair, but there's an awful lot of ground between bully and fascist. You're on the internet; why not look it up?

snookered wrote:
Shocked Do I look that old? The Little Bird is pictured to provide the proverbial "black helicopter" that would be stalking you if you were right about Bush being a fascist. :wink:
(I thought they were perfect in Capricorn One)

I did, cause I ran out of examples for you. That is were the BULLY came in. Why don't you read my posts and learn. No need for the internet. I did find something that will gas ya...I googled Definition Fascist and what appears? A site with a definition, but also had many novelty items for sale. One was a Bush hat. Laughing
By the way, I am not alone when I say Bush has traits of a Fascist.
I am bored with this topic....NO MORE
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:23 pm
snookered wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

plainoldme wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Ridiculous.

Gore WON the Popular vote. The way you frame your statement,"both Bush and Gore received ABOUT HALF [/b] the votes is hysterical. The about half was Bush votes. Look it up.

What percentage of the popular vote did Gore win? Was it not about half?

snookered wrote:
Gore won the popular vote, Bush got the Electorial Vote.

According to the law, the person who wins the electoral (not electorial) vote wins the election. You have just admitted that Bush won according to the law.

snookered wrote:
Since when does the courts decide our President. Especially a Republican court at that.

They didn't. They only ruled on the case brought before them. Their party affiliations have no legal significance nor do they influence their jurisdiction over cases.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:36 pm
snookered wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I did, cause I ran out of examples for you. That is were the BULLY came in. Why don't you read my posts and learn. No need for the internet. I did find something that will gas ya...I googled Definition Fascist and what appears? A site with a definition, but also had many novelty items for sale. One was a Bush hat. Laughing
There's no shortage of idiots on line... and a site posting idiotic blather isn't what I was suggesting.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 11:07 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
snookered wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
There's no shortage of idiots on line... and a site posting idiotic blather isn't what I was suggesting.

Bla bla bla...now go you your room.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 05:55 pm
FDA Rules Override Warnings About Drug
Cattle Antibiotic Moves Forward Despite Fears of Human Risk

By Rick Weiss
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, March 4, 2007; Page A01

The government is on track to approve a new antibiotic to treat a pneumonia-like disease in cattle, despite warnings from health groups and a majority of the agency's own expert advisers that the decision will be dangerous for people.

The drug, called cefquinome, belongs to a class of highly potent antibiotics that are among medicine's last defenses against several serious human infections. No drug from that class has been approved in the United States for use in animals.

The American Medical Association and about a dozen other health groups warned the Food and Drug Administration that giving cefquinome to animals would probably speed the emergence of microbes resistant to that important class of antibiotics, as has happened with other drugs. Those super-microbes could then spread to people.

Echoing those concerns, the FDA's advisory board last fall voted to reject the request by InterVet Inc. of Millsboro, Del., to market the drug for cattle.

Yet by all indications, the FDA will approve cefquinome this spring. That outcome is all but required, officials said, by a recently implemented "guidance document" that codifies how to weigh the threats to human health posed by proposed new animal drugs.

The wording of "Guidance for Industry #152" was crafted within the FDA after a long struggle. In the end, the agency adopted language that, for drugs like cefquinome, is more deferential to pharmaceutical companies than is recommended by the World Health Organization.

Cefquinome's seemingly inexorable march to market shows how a few words in an obscure regulatory document can sway the government's approach to protecting public health.

Industry representatives say they trust Guidance #152's calculation that cefquinome should be approved. "There is reasonable certainty of no harm to public health," Carl Johnson, InterVet's director of product development, told the FDA last fall.

Others say Guidance #152 makes it too difficult for the FDA to say no to some drugs.

"The industry says that 'until you show us a direct link to human mortality from the use of these drugs in animals, we don't think you should preclude their use,' " said Edward Belongia, an epidemiologist at the Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation in Wisconsin. "But do we really want to drive more resistance genes into the human population? It's easy to open the barn door, but it's hard to close the door once it's open."

The FDA knows how hard it can be to close that door. In the mid-1990s, overriding the objections of public health experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the drug agency approved the marketing of two drugs, Baytril and SaraFlox, for use in poultry. Both are fluoroquinolones, a class of drugs important for their ability to fight the bioterror bacterium that causes anthrax and a food-borne bacterium called campylobacter, which causes a serious diarrheal disease in people.

Before long, doctors began finding fluoroquinolone-resistant strains of campylobacter in patients hospitalized with severe diarrhea. When studies showed a link to poultry, the FDA sought a ban. But while Abbott Laboratories, which made SaraFlox, pulled its product, Baytril's manufacturer, Bayer Corp., pushed back.
CONTINUED 1 2 3 4 Next > link
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 01:43 pm
Soviet-era compound in northern Poland was site of secret CIA interrogation, detentions http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Sovietera_compound_in_Poland_was_site_0307.html
0 Replies