Is Bush a Fascist?

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:35 pm

FASCIST: A tendency towards or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,095 • Replies: 64
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:53 pm
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:04 pm
http://limewoody.wordpress.com/files/2006/03/aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:20 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
http://limewoody.wordpress.com/files/2006/03/aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg

QFT
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:37 pm
Blueflame1...so Ellensspace....
The question was do YOU believe that Bush is a FASCIST. It seems that the web site you quoted "ellenspace" agrees that he is.
What do you think?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:43 pm
snookered, well the 14 points of fascism certainly shows Bushie's fascist tendencies. No surprise. He comes from good fascist stock his grandfather and great grandfather having been business partners with Hitler funding his campaign and rise to power and investing heavily in his military industry including Auschwitz from which they made a bundle. America is a corporate fascist state. Nothing new there and Bushie embellishes that corporate fascism.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:40 pm
It's a dumb list now and it was a dumb list two years ago.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:46 pm
Give one (not 100) specific example of something that he did which qualifies as fascistic. Here's a hint. If American presidents have a long tradition of doing whatever it is, it doesn't count. Do not provide a link to someone else's thoughts.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:07 pm
joefromchicago, it's an accurate list and certainly Bushie is a corporate fascist.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:22 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Give one (not 100) specific example of something that he did which qualifies as fascistic. Here's a hint. If American presidents have a long tradition of doing whatever it is, it doesn't count. Do not provide a link to someone else's thoughts.

WHY ONLY ONE?
First, you seem to be a FASCIST by conditions you set.

We haven't had such an ignorant fascist president before, so no long tradition of there.

Obviously, the most ridiculous one is when he said that "HE" is the decider. (settles two areas of mental defect, fascism and ignorance.)
Requesting than ignoring Generals on the ground in Iraq, what they want and need.
Declaring war, then forcing Congresses hand.
Lying about WMD's.
Standing on the Aircraft carrier like a Fascist would, declaring victory in Iraq.
Ignoring the needs of a lower class New Orleans, something a fascist would do.
Ignoring the needs of the lower and middle class, ooops, that's something that every Republican President has done...sorry
Encouraging the merge of Church and State, against the constitution.
I'm sick of this.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 04:54 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
It's a dumb list now and it was a dumb list two years ago.

How can a list be dumb?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:03 pm
Today's Conservatives
Are Fascists
Torture, dictatorship, phony "elections,"
and endless war - it's fascism
with a "democratic" face http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=4245
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:33 pm
The spokespresident? He would be a fascist according to your definition if he weren't a puppet, or the Vanna White of politics. Turn another letter, george!

Actually, fascism is a system whereby the means of production are privately owned but controlled by the government.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:35 pm
plainoldme wrote:
The spokespresident? He would be a fascist according to your definition if he weren't a puppet, or the Vanna White of politics. Turn another letter, george!

Actually, fascism is a system whereby the means of production are privately owned but controlled by the government.

That's it? Aren't you leaving a whole lot out? All production is owned AND controlled by Castro. He IS the Government. Now some services, may be privately owned, however proceeds are take by the government (Castro) and these owners get a salary.
Otherwise it would be just another Capitalist country.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 08:00 pm
snookered wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
...Obviously, the most ridiculous one is when he said that "HE" is the decider. (settles two areas of mental defect, fascism and ignorance.)
Requesting than ignoring Generals on the ground in Iraq, what they want and need.

None of this constitutes fascism, the abrogation of democratic elections and the rule of law, and some of it is merely your personal interpretation.

snookered wrote:
Lying about WMD's.

He didn't. And if you disagree, you need only specify EXACTLY what the lie was.

snookered wrote:
Standing on the Aircraft carrier like a Fascist would, declaring victory in Iraq.
Ignoring the needs of the lower and middle class, ooops, that's something that every Republican President has done...sorry

None of this constitutes fascism, the abrogation of elections and the rule of law, and some of it is merely your interpretation.

snookered wrote:
Encouraging the merge of Church and State, against the constitution....

He didn't encourage the merger of Church and state, but merely some use of religious charities.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:57 pm
Corporate fascism, A government subservient to the interests of the country's largest corporations.
Mussolini defined fascism as the merger of State and Corporate power. How many Americans do not believe politicians are bought by major corporations?
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 10:28 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
...Obviously, the most ridiculous one is when he said that "HE" is the decider. (settles two areas of mental defect, fascism and ignorance.)

None of this constitutes fascism, the abrogation of democratic elections and the rule of law, and some of it is merely your personal interpretation.

snookered wrote:
Lying about WMD's.

snookered wrote:

None of this constitutes fascism, the abrogation of elections and the rule of law, and some of it is merely your interpretation.

snookered wrote:

He didn't encourage the merger of Church and state, but merely some use of religious charities.

Brandon, you would be like debating a Islamic radical terrorist that there really aren't 99 virgins waiting for him if he straps bombs on his body and blows people up.
Everyone of the examples I gave are true and are traits of a Fascist.
You didn't see him stand on that aircraft carrier and declare victory?
The lie about WMD's was uh..."HEY Sadam has them thar WMD's, yes sir I know, I just know it, cause people have told me they got'em." Go ask Cheney, cause he heard it from the same cowboys I did.
I guess you didn't hear bushie swear they were there! Everyone else in the world did.
That needle head wanted war so bad that he was talking funny and saying stupid and made up words.
Bye the way, 68% of American know bush is incapable of leading the way to the head let alone a war or men, or countries. Which doesn't make him a Fascist, just so you know. You seem to have selective memory.
No President of the United State could be a true Fascist, but like I said Bush is a close as one gets.
Go back to you little dictionary and read the whole definition of a Fascist.
By taking money from the our own religious zealots, they squirmed their way into his pocket like a Church mouse. Then they weazeled their way into my civil rights, by tell me what I can watch.
But I degress. There is just so much wrong with that boy. His brother Jeb can't even run because of that fool.
Anyway....Bush is the closest thing to a Fascist as an American President can get period.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:42 am
snookered wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
snookered wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

snookered wrote:
Lying about WMD's.

snookered wrote:

snookered wrote:

Brandon, you would be like debating a Islamic radical terrorist that there really aren't 99 virgins waiting for him if he straps bombs on his body and blows people up.
Everyone of the examples I gave are true and are traits of a Fascist.
You didn't see him stand on that aircraft carrier and declare victory?

Standing on a ship and declaring that a war effort has been accomplished may be suggestive in your mind of many things, but it hardly makes someone a fascist.

snookered wrote:
The lie about WMD's was uh..."HEY Sadam has them thar WMD's, yes sir I know, I just know it, cause people have told me they got'em." Go ask Cheney, cause he heard it from the same cowboys I did...

Bush said that his intelligence indicated that it was very likely that Saddam Hussein was continuing his previous WMD development efforts, which was a reasonable, and at that time widespread, interpretation of the facts. Being wrong doesn't constitute lying unless you know that what you are saying is false when you say it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:00 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Corporate fascism, A government subservient to the interests of the country's largest corporations.
Mussolini defined fascism as the merger of State and Corporate power. How many Americans do not believe politicians are bought by major corporations?
Rolling Eyes Do you really think that's unique to fascist States? Laughing Do tell us just when the last time was that "Americans do not believe politicians are bought by major corporations"? Laughing
Sometimes the ignorance factor here is simply amazing.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:35 am
What amazes me is the willingness of the plebs to just ignore the outrageous wrongs being committed by their leaders. Even more amazing is their willingness to cowtow to the overt propaganda purported by these same liars and chronic criminal misfits who lied their way into power, and continue to lie for a living.

Pathetic, really.
0 Replies