overwieght problems

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 01:46 pm
Re: overwieght problems
shewolfnm wrote:
I work hard during the day,

Isn't that about when you started losing weight, when you started cleaning? That's a lot of physical activity, right there.
0 Replies

girl93

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 01:48 pm
yeah i have DEFFIENTLY talked to her about it & shes always helping me & giving me ideas though shes kind of overwight to so i just wanted to get more advice & stuff on what can help & what to do & you guys have helped alot! & im willing to try everything you guys ahve told me.
doesnt bike riding help ALOT to?
is that the fastest way that i could loose wieght if i bike a mile everyday & changed what i ate do you think that would be the best way to loose wieght?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 04:57 pm
Bike riding is definitely aerobic exercise and it's certainly going to help. I don't know about fast weight loss -- don't expect 100 lbs in two weeks or anything silly like that, of course. Riding your bike would also help you to mix things up.

One area is cooking. I know you're young and you don't cook for the family (and everyone's life is busy), but it's good to help out and that's something you and your Mom can do together, even if it's only a coupla nights per week.

For example. Tonight we're having homemade pizza. Now that may sound naughty but it's going to be about 95% vegetarian and the other upside to it is that eating homemade pizza means you crave the takeout stuff a lot less -- and the takeout stuff is really naughty.

It's made with a prepared pizza shell (Boboli is the brand but any brand of flat bread will do). I've already cut up a pepper, broccoli, mushrooms and asparagus. Those will be the toppings, along with a vegetarian spaghetti sauce, some cheese (we use the real thing; it's better-tasting than nonfat cheese and the caloric difference isn't terribly significant) and some turkey pepperoni. That's the nonvegetarian part. We'll have the pizza with salads.

It took me a long time to really learn how to cook and enjoy it, but I can definitely see that not only is it better for weight loss, it's also better for my cholesterol levels and for my wallet. Even one homemade meal -- even a kinda naughty homemade meal -- that replaces a restaurant meal is usually going to help you out when it comes to watching portion size, caloric intake and fat, sugar and salt content.
0 Replies

girl93

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:02 pm
thank you thank you!
i will be sure to talk to my mom about it & get tons of healthy recipes for dinner.
is eating wheat thins & a fruit w/ water everyday a good lunch?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:23 pm
I dunno about wheat thins (oops I almost wrote wheat things), I'd check the box if I were you. They've probably got some salt but sometimes the amount of sodium can be very high. Even if you don't have blood pressure issues, salt can, er, make you retain water.

Fruit of course is great. Except for coconut I don't think any fruit has saturated fat. Plus it's got fiber and vitamins and all that happy stuff. Smile

And of course driving water is good. Weight watchers used to tell you (dunno if they still do) to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day. This is not just to help you feel fuller with something with no calories but also to help you substitute it for other things, like sugary sodas.

Anyway, gotta run, I smell pizza! Smile
0 Replies

girl93

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:27 pm
ok! Very Happy thanks so much.
ANY ONE ELSE WITH ADVICE?
im for it all!!

send it on in!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:29 pm
girl93 wrote:
thank you thank you!
i will be sure to talk to my mom about it & get tons of healthy recipes for dinner.
is eating wheat thins & a fruit w/ water everyday a good lunch?

Depends on how many wheat thins. Actually, you would be better off having some protein. Try having a piece of cheese or a handful of nuts (walnuts or almonds are best) with your fruit. Protein foods curb hunger better than carbs.
0 Replies

girl93

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:30 pm
ok so that would be better?
any more suggestions?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:58 pm
I just looked at my box of Triscuits and it says 6 of them equal 160 calories. Not too bad, but if you eat 20 then there's alot of calories.

I've been watching my weight. Or maybe I should say I've been thinking about eating and what I put in my body.

People eat too much. When you go out to a restraurant, the proportions are usually too big. And we've been trained to clean our plates. Feeling bloated after eating means you've eaten too much.

McDonald's sandwiches can be something like 750 calories. Fries 350. Neither of which fill you up for that long.

I read that people should average 2000 calories a day. I'm 5'2", 36 yrs old, female, and I weigh around 123. I should eat 1900 calories for my moderately active lifestyle to maintain my weight. If I want to lose weight, I should cut out 300 calories and exercise enough to burn 200 extra. That would make my calorie intake to 1400. By doing this I'd lose weight by about a pound a week.

I'm not counting calories and adding them up or thinking too hard about them, but I've been reading the labels on what I eat.

These are some links I was looking at:
http://www.caloriecontrol.org/index.html
http://health.howstuffworks.com/question693.htm

I gotta run, hope this helps...
0 Replies

girl93

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 06:01 pm
oh gosh!
yes these helps tons!
thank you!
a pound a week?
hey you gotta start some where right?!
& thats awsome for me!
thank you so much for everything.

still keep the advice coming!
i will use ALL that i can get ,THANK YOU!
0 Replies