Translate Mastropiero's Opus 83, from Latin to English

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 08:43 am
Pantalones wrote:

We must not forget Mastropiero's legacy trascends music. He also did some animal studies, mainly about sheep and their sounds. Of course he wrote a song later about those studies.

Oh, yes, the famous Mastropiero-Sharterfer Study about gutural staccattos in 37% of the flock! Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:09 am
fbaezer wrote:
Pantalones wrote:

We must not forget Mastropiero's legacy trascends music. He also did some animal studies, mainly about sheep and their sounds. Of course he wrote a song later about those studies.

Oh, yes, the famous Mastropiero-Sharterfer Study about gutural staccattos in 37% of the flock! Smile

That song was later translated into English as:
It Had To Be Ewe
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:25 am
fbaezer wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I found him on google as a Doge of Venice who later retired to a monastery, in the 12th C...is this he?

Nooo!
That was ORIO Mastropiero.

We are talking about JOHANN SEBASTIAN Mastropiero.

Perhaps if you google without the "pages in English" limit...

I DID google without the pages in English limit goddammit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:34 am
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:36 am
And now I get it!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:38 am
George wrote:
fbaezer wrote:
Pantalones wrote:

That song was later translated into English as:
It Had To Be Ewe

You're cruel, George.

To a woman who gave you cucumber sandwiches and all.

l l

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:55 am
I repent my ingratitude.
A cucumber sandwich is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:52 pm
A portrait of Mastropiero:

http://www.leslu.net/menu/BJSM.JPG
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:04 pm
Looks familiar...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:15 pm
Some other Mastropiro's works:

Cantata Laxaton
Tea for Ramona (Opus 7), madrigal
The cycle of sonattas for the marriage of Rudolf & Gundula von Lichtenkraut (Opus 17)
The cycle of "Three slightly obscene songs"
The Family Planning Cantata (Opus 22)
"Know your interior" (The Lisergic Acid chacarera) (Opus 24)
The "Wind Quintet", aka The Ventilator (Opus 28)
The Children Oratorium, Opus 61, AKA The Rats.
The Ten Step "Pepper Clemens Sent The Messenger; Nevertheless The Reverend Left The Herd" (in English) composed for the party to repudiate Doctor Schmerz von Utter
The opera "Don Juan de Mastropiero", full of complications.
The bilingual opera "Cardoso en Gulevandia"
"The Romance of the Yount Count, the Siren, the Cuckoo and the Sheep", inspired in the farm of his friend Gustav Shasderfer.
For the State Center of Suicide Assistancem he composed "Life is Beautiful", a disuadicide.

Some works of Mastropiero that have never been played (thank God):

The opera "Non voglio mangiare: no, no e no!", undertitled "Italian Capriccio"
A ballet: "The silphides, and how to prevent it"
A series of simphonies: "The Pathetic", "The Improvised", "The Imperfect", "The Lousy One" and "The Shitty One".
The anthem for the Convention of Doctor Miles Flanagan Admireres (Dr. Flanagan was a distinguished dentist in Nebraska)
The aria for baritone "I am the Queen of the Night"
The love songs: "I don't forger you, Cristina" and "You were the only one, Elisa".

There is no certainty of the authenticity of this data, since it comes from Mastropiero's autobiography which, as it is known, is nothing but a cheap copy of the biography of composer Günther Frager.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 01:16 pm
OH GOD. THE MASTER HIMSELF ON A2K!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:01 pm
George wrote:
I repent my ingratitude.
A cucumber sandwich is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

They were burpless, you fiendish flugelhorn haired foppish powdered ingrate.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:34 pm
Mastropiero is said to have plagiarized a work by King Badminton, the famous jazz composer and pianist, King Badminton.

Badminton was an intuitive genius. He had never had a single music lesson in his whole life when at the age of eighteen he was taken on as an arranger. by the hand of Artie Kettsonsale. Naturally, the next day he was fired. Then, Badminton took his first harmony lesson, and only six months later, the second one.

To jazz lovers, King Badminton, along with Count Baseball and Lionel Handball, constitutes a true trilogy, as can be demonstrated simply by counting them.

Curiously, for an American jazz composer, Badminton's career started with two successful French songs: "Quelque chose, naturellement", which means "Something, of course", and "Sur votre jeune sein, laissez rouler ma tête", wich also means... something, of course.

Badminton's piece is named: "Doctor Bob Gordon shops for hot dogs from Boston". Fox-trot... or not.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:07 pm
(viewing everything Fbaezer says from now on with considerable scepticism...)
0 Replies