littlek

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 06:56 pm
Oh, the living dead - he's like a zombie. Or a vampire. Make his image into a big dumb bandage-falling-off mummy!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:03 pm
littlek - VAMPIRE. Exactly!

I called him a leech. Sucking off others. Empty inside. I'd feel sorry for him if it weren't for the fact that I know showing compassion would only be used against me.
His eyes were darting when I confronted him as though he were expecting a posse to jump out from behind the buildings to mass attack him. Sad, to be that suspicious and cold. Sad and disguisting too.

That really gets me - people who can see you crying and use that. I watched him do it.
So I can't (and didn't) cry in front of him.
Couldn't show compassion (and didn't) in front of him.
Couldn't put my guard down.

I resent that. After so much, for someone to not tell the truth even when they are exposed...it is just...mindblowing.

Sorry for ranting, but that felt good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:07 pm
I've wondered for years how people do that - not own up to the truth even when exposed? Have they convinced themselves of their innocence, are they in complete denial? I got the excuse - "No one actually saw me do it." Even after the woman he did it with told me herself.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:38 pm
Ugh! LAME.

I know. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that too. To tell the truth, I believe he knows exactly what he is doing. The thing is, he is so accustomed to getting what he wants one way or another, there is confidence there that he will get it again.

It pisses me off that he is probably right. Now that I have cut him off, he is hedging his bets on the other one.

There is always another 'sucker'. But, there is cause and effect too! He'll pay. He's digging his own grave.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:00 pm
Barnham said "there's a sucker born every minute." We must try not to be one of those.

If we get hurt because we trust everybody, and they turn out to use information to hurt us, we didn't do anything wrong. If they hurt us twice (or more often), we didn't learn our lesson well.

There's something is many of us that continue to return to a spouse or "friend" that continually hurts us. We all know about the husband that beats his wife, but she keeps returning.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 09:50 pm
Flushd--

Good that you recognize that the Soft Hearts mean well--even if they can't comprehend your visceral desire for vengance.

Wouldn't it be pleasant to have him hanged by the neck until half dead, then taken down and drawn and quartered with the remains left out for inner city rats to devour?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 10:18 pm
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Bloody right! I take that seriously.

Noddy, that would delight me very much.
I actually laughed out loud reading that.

Thank you for the opportunity to indulge that. My main vengeance fantasy has centered around him being hunted down and shamed royally and publicly. Beaten til he can't talk. Can't lie. Can't do anything but beg for mercy.

I want him to know mercy! He shows none.

Tomorrow I have a few days without work. I'm going to use it to indulge myself without having to worry about anybody else. Just take some space, pound a punching bag and give it hell, sleep, eat, and be.

Maybe I just need to contain myself a bit for a while away from decent folk. At least until this gutwretching anger has passed. 'Cause as of now I still am so furious I am getting physically ill.

thanks. This thread is helping. It is.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:08 am
Go see a good movie.
0 Replies