My dog licks me all over why?

CowDoc

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 10:21 pm
Quote:
It appears to me that is the only time she is boss is when I am asleep. She has also taken my slippers off my feet and (this is even worse) my shirt.

Why did you have your shirt on your feet in the first place? Or were your slippers on your shirt?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 10:45 pm
CowDoc wrote:
Quote:
It appears to me that is the only time she is boss is when I am asleep. She has also taken my slippers off my feet and (this is even worse) my shirt.

Why did you have your shirt on your feet in the first place? Or were your slippers on your shirt?

She probably had her slippered feet on her shirt.

Unless the dog's name is shirt.....

I once knew a cat called Bootlace, and a pair of dogs called Sodom and Gomorrah.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 10:53 pm
timberlandko wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
... can I just call you timber?

Most folks do ... go right ahead.

Quote:
OMG timber the link, your dog, you feed your dog GREENIES??????

You do know about all the lawsuits and the dogs that have been killed don't you???

There were 9 were I live. I took mine (greenies) all back and contacted S&N Nutech.
I sent an email out to everone I know it went from the west US to the east
US. The company ended up emailing me asking me to retract it and I said NO.
I did let them have my phone number and they called me and I still said NO.

Been using Greenies since around 1991, mebbe '92 or so - many, many dogs, many, many, many, many Greenies, no problems, original formula or the new one that came out last year, and I can say pretty much the same for many, many dog owners and vets I know. I'm aware of the flap you reference; sorry, but I really don't see any there there.

What in hell is a greenie?

Pinkies I know of.... Crying or Very sad

Greenies sound like pinkies gone off.

Shocked
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 10:58 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Been using Greenies since around 1991, mebbe '92 or so - many, many dogs, many, many, many, many Greenies, no problems, original formula or the new one that came out last year, and I can say pretty much the same for many, many dog owners and vets I know. I'm aware of the flap you reference; sorry, but I really don't see any there there.

Well as long as you know. That was my intent with the email was to inform people and let them decide. The one person here where I live was heartbroken. Never thought a greenie could kill a dog. It is mostly smaller dogs like the one I have. The other 8 are suing class action. The big one is the prize winning champ. dog killed by one. That is a NY lawsuit. That owner is devastated. I do not like lawsuits, but that is an individual choice and I do not get in the middle. My dog still probably misses Greenies. It was her favorite treat. Thanks too -for saying I can call you timber.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:00 pm
http://www.kc-design.com/shop/images/greenies.jpg

Dog treats
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:05 pm
dlowan wrote:
CowDoc wrote:
Quote:

She probably had her slippered feet on her shirt.

Unless the dog's name is shirt.....

I once knew a cat called Bootlace, and a pair of dogs called Sodom and Gomorrah.

I can't stop laughing. You 2 are hilarious. I am obviously not a writer but that is how I wrote it. I see that now.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:07 pm
Thank you caribou for all your input too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:10 pm
caribou wrote:
http://www.kc-design.com/shop/images/greenies.jpg

Dog treats

Shocked

They look like the kind of thing (or so I am told) that one finds in a sex shop.

How on earth do the dogs insert them (having no hands) and how were they lethal?

Was it faulty batteries?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:27 pm
Bunny, Greenies are chlorophyl-impregnated vegetable fiber (mostly wheat-derived) tough/chewy treats that, when chewed, help to clean a pup's teeth and gums and have some beneficial effect against "doggy breath". They are intended to be chewed - well-chewed - and there are a variety of sizes designed to encourage different-sized dogs to chew 'em, not bolt 'em down whole or in a few bitten-off big chunks. I dunno for sure, but its my guess folks reporting problems are themselves at least partly to blame, no matter what they say. Mosta The Puppies here are pretty substantial dogs, and we give 'em the larger Greenies, which they happily and dutifully nibble away at with vigour, concentration, determination, and a fair amount of slobber ... takes 'em several minutes or longer to polish one off. I've not noticed any anomalous green particles in their poop (well, there was a half a green Leggo once Shocked - and sometmes there's strands of grass), so I gotta think the things are getting digested. And believe me, I have ample opportunity to see pup poop.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:30 pm
I once knew a dog called D**K HEAD (Richard Cranium was his full name).

I worked with this bloke up the bush so it really didnt matter. It was a chiuaua (How the hell do you spell that), and belonged to one of the biggest blokes I ever knew. He was about 3 axehandles across the shoulders this bloke, 6 ft 5 and built like a brick shithouse. he could"ve cut a Mountain Ash down with using a chainsaw without starting it. The dog was a hairless rat......but game. I remember pretending to shape up to this bloke at our lunchbreak after a practical joke one day and the dog took exception. Lucky i was wearing cutproof pants........ Will you get this bloody rat thing off me Mick I said lifting my leg in the air. "That'll learn ya" he said dryly. Of course we all laughed but the dog spent the next 3 days GLARING at me.

It never ceased to make us laugh seeing them two together.

The dog was always in trouble from Mick though....... or at least that was what it sounded like!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:39 pm
dadpad wrote:
I once knew a dog called D**K HEAD (Richard Cranium was his full name).

I worked with this bloke up the bush so it really didnt matter. It was a chiuaua (How the hell do you spell that), and belonged to one of the biggest blokes I ever knew. He was about 3 axehandles across the shoulders this bloke, 6 ft 5 and built like a brick shithouse. he could"ve cut a Mountain Ash down with using a chainsaw without starting it. The dog was a hairless rat......but game. I remember pretending to shape up to this bloke at our lunchbreak after a practical joke one day and the dog took exception. Lucky i was wearing cutproof pants........ Will you get this bloody rat thing off me Mick I said lifting my leg in the air. "That'll learn ya" he said dryly. Of course we all laughed but the dog spent the next 3 days GLARING at me.

It never ceased to make us laugh seeing them two together.

The dog was always in trouble from Mick though....... or at least that was what it sounded like!

That was like a mini-movie.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:40 pm
Once knew a pup that was elected mayor of a small town - 3 times.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 09:06 pm
My dog just licked me so I licked her back right across the nose. She looked at me like I was stupid. So, I told her she does it to me. I felt the need to do it back to her. She did not like it. It actually felt good. Maybe she is smart enough to know how it feels if I do it back to her. It seemed to have worked. Only time will tell though. Laughing
0 Replies

FlGirl

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:43 pm
YOUR DOG LICKING YOU LIKE THAT IS JUST SIMPLY A SIGN OF HIS/HER AFFECTION. I HAVE A LHASA APSO WHO DOES THE SAME THING. THERE IS NOTHING STRANGE ABOUT IT. YOU CAN LOOK IT UP ON GOOGLE, THERE ARE TONS OF WEBSITES THAT WILL EXPLAIN THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IN DOGS.

THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE WEIRD ON HERE!!! LOL
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2007 05:19 pm
Sometimes dogs lick for the salt on your body.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 05:10 am
FlGirl wrote:
YOUR DOG LICKING YOU LIKE THAT IS JUST SIMPLY A SIGN OF HIS/HER AFFECTION. I HAVE A LHASA APSO WHO DOES THE SAME THING. THERE IS NOTHING STRANGE ABOUT IT. YOU CAN LOOK IT UP ON GOOGLE, THERE ARE TONS OF WEBSITES THAT WILL EXPLAIN THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR IN DOGS.

THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE WEIRD ON HERE!!! LOL

Yes, you are right that there are some weird people here. How do I know?
I am one of those weird ones Laughing Laughing Laughing

Salt. I actually just licked my arm to see what it tasted like. It tasted good but, it did not taste like salt. Razz Laughing

I am being very stern with her about this licking. She is smart. She is learning. She slips up once in a while but, that is okay. When I want her to lick me (like give me a kiss) I hold her up by my face and tell her it is okay go ahead and kiss. Then she will lick me. She is weird. She is not consistant. It isn't always in the same area but I find it cute.
When I feel that she needs to stop I tell her one word "ENOUGH". I don't yell it but say it very sternly. She is beginning to stop immediately then I tell her she is very good and pet her.
The only time she down right refuses to lick me (kiss me) is when I am leaving the house. She will turn her head away. She just will not do it. So, that tells me she doesn't want me to leave. But that is okay. I don't get mad at her for it. I even let her know that is okay but I will be back.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 06:27 am
I knew someone who had a dog named Checkyurdik.

The dog had to confer with his penis whenever his master made any kind of command, suggestion or observation toward him.

"Hey! Car! Wanna go in the Car?

Checkyurdik would then lower his head and ask his penis what he thought, then come back up and say "Yeah"!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 07:40 am
snookered wrote:
Sometimes dogs lick for the salt on your body.

That's what I was going to say.

Simply, you taste good.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2007 02:17 pm
Chai wrote:
I knew someone who had a dog named Checkyurdik.

The dog had to confer with his penis whenever his master made any kind of command, suggestion or observation toward him.

"Hey! Car! Wanna go in the Car?

Checkyurdik would then lower his head and ask his penis what he thought, then come back up and say "Yeah"!!

That is so funny!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I read it wrong what does the car have to do with it? Embarrassed Embarrassed I don't get it. Embarrassed Embarrassed

Bella Dea I didn't know you liked salt. Guess what? When you said "that's what I was going to say" you did. Very Happy
0 Replies

purpleaqua

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 05:38 am
Re: My dog licks me all over why?
tryingtohelp wrote:
I have a dog who is 1/2 yorkie and 1/2 chihuahua. She wants to lick me all over. I am talking she starts with my face. I do not mean to sound gross but she licks inside my ears, my nostrils, my mouth, my belly button as well as all over my arms, legs, neck etc. I do not let her do this. If she licks my chin like a kiss that is fine. When she tries to do as I described I stop her.

She is a very smart dog that I do know. She was very easy to teach obedience to. I taught her to go on wee wee pads in 2 days. She does listen so she is intelligent. She is my first dog that I have ever had.

The only reason I know she did do this to me is because my spouse told me. I did not know. I was sleeping and it did not wake me up. Otherwise my spouse let my dog molest me kinda while I was sleeping? I just realized that. Yuk!

I have tried to find out why through others that own these type of dogs and by books but I cannot find an answer. So if anybody can think of a reason she would do this or know why she does this then maybe I can take steps to stop her (sometimes I am hard to wake up). She was born May of 2004 and I took her in July of 2004. I would really appreciate any help.
WHAT DA HELL DOES SPOUSE MEAN!!!???
0 Replies