My dog licks me all over why?

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:31 pm
I have a dog who is 1/2 yorkie and 1/2 chihuahua. She wants to lick me all over. I am talking she starts with my face. I do not mean to sound gross but she licks inside my ears, my nostrils, my mouth, my belly button as well as all over my arms, legs, neck etc. I do not let her do this. If she licks my chin like a kiss that is fine. When she tries to do as I described I stop her.

She is a very smart dog that I do know. She was very easy to teach obedience to. I taught her to go on wee wee pads in 2 days. She does listen so she is intelligent. She is my first dog that I have ever had.

The only reason I know she did do this to me is because my spouse told me. I did not know. I was sleeping and it did not wake me up. Otherwise my spouse let my dog molest me kinda while I was sleeping? I just realized that. Yuk!

I have tried to find out why through others that own these type of dogs and by books but I cannot find an answer. So if anybody can think of a reason she would do this or know why she does this then maybe I can take steps to stop her (sometimes I am hard to wake up). She was born May of 2004 and I took her in July of 2004. I would really appreciate any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 39,735 • Replies: 130
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:34 pm
That type of dog has a substance on their tongue that tastes like crap and they are simply trying to get it off.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:49 pm
Oh that was very helpful. Thank you gus. My dog has something that taste like crap on her tongue and she wants it on me. She does not do that to my spouse. If she did I might believe you but since it is only me I do not.
Mad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 08:51 pm
TTH wrote:
She does not do that to my spouse

The dog might be a lesbian.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:03 pm
GUS!!! Do you have first hand information that dogs are even capable of that? I do not even know how far she went. I do not want to know. I did not ask. The thought is still gross.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:04 pm
wow, I have no answer either, but I think this thread should be featured.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:07 pm
There is a fascinating book by Dr. Christian Richards entitled Lesbianism in Dogs -- A Case Study

It really is an informative book and opens one's eyes to the going ons in the canine world.

The book may be purchased at Amazon or perhaps your local library has a copy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:19 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
There is a fascinating book by Dr. Christian Richards entitled Lesbianism in Dogs -- A Case Study

It really is an informative book and opens one's eyes to the going ons in the canine world.

The book may be purchased at Amazon or perhaps your local library has a copy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're a bad man, Gus.

The sister of one of my friends once carefully lined up her Pastor father, and mad mother, to tell them she was leaving her husband to go and be with her female lover, because she had discovered she was a lesbian.

Her mother, it seemed, much to everyone's surprise, took it well.

Then...the mother said "Well, dear, they have very nice food, don't they?"

Yes...she had no idea what a lesbian was, and thought her daughter had decided to become Lebanese.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:26 pm
salt

I don't know that, but it sounds good. That or sugar...
or whatever makes mosquitoes like one person more than another.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:34 pm
Maybe he's mistaken you for a giant testicle?

Wait a minute; haven't we seen photographic evidence of this crime scene in one of your Avatars (fluffy dog, blue nighty)? I think the photographer is a party to the crime.
Gus?

Laughing LOL Deb. I love those kind of stories. My Grandma once got all quiet while my mom was talking about using recycled goods... and when my mom finally asked her "What's the matter?": With a perplexed look on her face with shades of exasperation she answered "that must be some job... recycling that toilet paper".
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:38 pm
dlowan gus is a bad, bad, bad man or weird. Laughing

osobucco You think my dog thinks I taste like sugar or salt (I would like to
think sugar over salt)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:40 pm
Well, I'm guessing salt plus other exudations...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:42 pm
OCCOM BILL fluffy dog yes but blue nighty? No blue nighty that I know of
and you did not even call me darlin Twisted Evil
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:44 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Well, I'm guessing salt plus other exudations...

I don't have any disease that I know of. I still prefer the thought of sugar if anything.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:48 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
wow, I have no answer either, but I think this thread should be featured.

CalamityJane NO that would be please no. Or we could feature it and you ask the question. I get embarrassed. Embarrassed Well not that easily but I thought it sounded good. Smile
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:56 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
OCCOM BILL fluffy dog yes but blue nighty? No blue nighty that I know of
and you did not even call me darlin Twisted Evil
Sorry, darlin, it was an oversight... and I NEVER forget a nighty. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 09:59 pm
Who said anything about disease?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:06 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Who said anything about disease?

It could mean disease. Webpage Title
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:15 pm
OCCOM BILL

I feel so much better now. (sigh he called me darlin)

Oh yeah, the dog.

So, far I apparently taste like something. It must be good to her because she keeps doing it. Now that I think of it the dogs at my sister's kennel want to lick me a lot too. ossobuco, you might have something there. I always said animals were attracted to me like birds landing on me and bees won't even sting me. They let me pet them. My cat used to lick me too. It goes further than dogs.......I wonder how far. Shocked < that is what my face looks like now.

If that is the case how do I get her to stop or can it be stopped?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:26 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
Shocked < that is what my face looks like now.
Are you sure you weren't stung by a bee?
0 Replies