My dog licks me all over why?

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:23 pm
Shocked Just that. Only that. Nothing else.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:33 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
If one of you has the ability to consider the subject resolved and list that I would appreciate it. Last time I looked it said to do that but I cannot do that.
I gather a moderator has to do it. It did not say in the help section how to do it except to do it. So, if I am suppose to contact the support through a ticket I do not know.

Click "Contact Us" down at the bottom of the page and submit a ticket with your request to the Moderators - include a link to this topic so they can find it. To get the link, with Windows/IE, go to the first page of the topic, right-click on the topic title, select "Copy Shortcut", and paste the url into a text editor like notepad or whatever you use. Firefox is similar; after right-clicking, select "Copy Link Location".

Alternately, you can go the first post in the thread, click the "Report" button, and ask the moderators to tag the topic "Answered" - no need to copy a link, as that'll automatically be part of the report.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:47 pm
Thank you I will do that.

(assumed I had a pc he did, did not consider I had a mac. good thing I know how to speak pc.) Another talent=Tryagain Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 12:37 am
Glad you figured it out. I explained it for Windows because its the most often encountered operating system, and I figured if you were a Mac user and needed a walkthrough, you'd say so - in which case I'm always ready to type small words real slowly Twisted Evil

Linux and BEOS users don't usually ask for help on a forum like this; they're often too embarrassed and/or stubborn to admit they can't figure it on their own as long as their machine still at least boots to the desktop Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 12:43 am
Hmmm. I always thought the (answered) thing was a clue from mods to mods, didn't know it was a way to make a point from a thread starter re the thread. Not that in any case it shuts a thread down....
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:03 am
I will not tell anyone even though I already knew that. You should know I knew too. I know a lot of things but I do not tell if I should not.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 04:55 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
People do not lick me.

Really? Shocked

I feel sorry for you...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:33 am
Oh no you read that. Shocked Are people suppose to lick me? Why would people want to lick me? I do not feel sorry that I am not licked.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:36 am
Do you go around licking people? I go to the store and I do not see people licking people. I must be missing something. People must be licking behind my back. They do not let me see this Twisted Evil
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:41 am
timberlandko wrote:
Glad you figured it out. I explained it for Windows because its the most often encountered operating system, and I figured if you were a Mac user and needed a walkthrough, you'd say so - in which case I'm always ready to type small words real slowly Twisted Evil

Linux and BEOS users don't usually ask for help on a forum like this; they're often too embarrassed and/or stubborn to admit they can't figure it on their own as long as their machine still at least boots to the desktop Laughing

If I ever need help I will ask. I am not that stubborn or embarassed to show how dumb I can be. Laughing Laughing

(hope he does not really think I am that dumb, just a little dumb at times but not always. Maybe he thinks I am really dumb always. Hmm maybe I am. That cannot be possible. I was told never to use the word always)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:18 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
Are people suppose to lick me?

Well, that special one, yes, at least, that's part of life.

and wrote:
Why would people want to lick me? .

Maybe because of your taste, but I'm not so sure anymore..

Anyway, I read in this forum people who were craving for that..

and wrote:
I do not feel sorry that I am not licked.

Just try it once and let me know then after...

and wrote:
Do you go around licking people?.

I'm very selective with my licking...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:23 am
Francis wrote:
and wrote:
Do you go around licking people?.

I'm very selective with my licking...

I'm very glad that I wasn't in that selection. And hopefully stay there.

(I don't and didn't lick Francis neither, btw.)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:26 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:35 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'm very glad that I wasn't in that selection.

I usually don't lick my friends...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:26 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
People do not lick me.

That's too bad. A brazillian may help.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:27 am
By the way, did you even try looking this up on the internet? Call it a hunch, but I betcha if you enter "why do dogs lick" into google, you'll find something.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:44 am

one of our dogs (pitbull mix) used to lick my calves and feet as soon as i got out of the shower...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 08:26 am
tryingtohelp wrote:
I AM ASLEEP WHEN SHE DOES IT.

try bathing right after sex and spritzing the sheets with Febreeze.....
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 08:42 am
pack animal behavior
Sorry that I came into this late. Soooo many funny comments.

Dogs (as opposed to cats) are pack animals. Your doggy, most likely, sees you as part of the pack. They often clean one another after they clean themselves. It's part of their socialization routine - part of animal behavior. Some get fixated or obsessed with it. With some behavior mod the dog will focus elsewhere. I read somewhere that saltiness is more easily sensed on their tongues for dogs than sweet tastes, so it's probably salt that it might like. ..and it might taste some other subtle tastes, perfumes, chemicals, or secretions.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:21 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
By the way, did you even try looking this up on the internet? Call it a hunch, but I betcha if you enter "why do dogs lick" into google, you'll find something.

Yes I looked but I could not find something that said just one person and all over like she does. I could not find something that covered all points. That is what I was hoping to find.
0 Replies