That's too bad. A brazillian may help.

That is cute Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:23 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:
I AM ASLEEP WHEN SHE DOES IT.

try bathing right after sex and spritzing the sheets with Febreeze.....

Uh you know I have been married 23 years what the hell is sex? Embarrassed
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:26 pm
Francis wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'm very glad that I wasn't in that selection.

I usually don't lick my friends...

You lick stranger? Confused
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:39 pm
Well, there's people who are closer than friends...

Do you know that?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:54 pm
I've such as well and do the same .... but again, she's different to those of Francis :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:54 pm
Re: pack animal behavior
Ragman wrote:
Sorry that I came into this late. Soooo many funny comments.

Dogs (as opposed to cats) are pack animals. Your doggy, most likely, sees you as part of the pack. They often clean one another after they clean themselves. It's part of their socialization routine - part of animal behavior. Some get fixated or obsessed with it. With some behavior mod the dog will focus elsewhere. I read somewhere that saltiness is more easily sensed on their tongues for dogs than sweet tastes, so it's probably salt that it might like. ..and it might taste some other subtle tastes, perfumes, chemicals, or secretions.

At my sister's kennel if I go there dogs will start licking me and I am not allowed to wear perfume there. She does not allow that because some dogs have allergies or are sensitive to the smell (as well as customers). I normally always wear perfume but not there and it is not on me anymore because I have showered already. She has many dogs of her own. She breeds them and this is a little embarrassing but, I will saw it anyway. There has been 2 males that want to you know what to me. She was mad(no not jealous or maybe she was jealous-I also refer to her as my evil twin). She will tell me that of all the people that have been at her place they have never done it to anyone else, never and it is always me. I do not feel special or should I? No, I do not think I should. That is just weird.
So, I have a smell to me that attracks dogs is what I am getting. I can't be the only one since I would like to think I am normal. There has to be others (maybe they just have not said anything?).

Last night I was outside smoking (yes, I do -marlboro thread) and it was dark. I felt a paw on my lower back. I was sitting forward on the edge of the chair. My yard is fenced and my dog is only inside. So, it startled me but I did not make any sudden movements or anything. I did have the outside light on. I slowly looked to see what it was that was touching me.
It was a big racoon. I am thinking this is not good-sharp claws and teeth.
I was not sure what to do. I have racoons in my yard all the time over the years and they have tried to come close to me (they live in my tree) but, I do not let them. I do not want to try and tame on. I was surprised this one was touching me (it was standing up). I know they do not like it when I look them directly in the eyes, at least that is what I have found, like it is a threat. So, since I did not know what to do I did look at this one in the eyes and with a calm but stern voice told it to get away. It did not at first. I had to say it a second time. Then it pulled away and backed off. They try somtimes like I said to approach me but they normally back off.
When I stand up to go inside they will back up a little but not run away. If I have a scent that attracts dogs is it possible other animals pick up on it?
What you said seems plausible. Ossobuco said the same thing about the salt.
I know now what to do with my dog as far as keep her away from me when I sleep. I was just curious about other animals sensing this. The neighbors tease me I am snow white because the neighborhood dogs and cats come to my yard when I am outside. Not theirs, mine.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 02:56 pm
Francis wrote:
Well, there's people who are closer than friends...

Do you know that?

You said you do not lick your friends. So if you do not lick your friends and you do not lick strangers who is left?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:11 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:

So, I have a smell to me that attracks dogs is what I am getting. I can't be the only one since I would like to think I am normal.

Slurp!

Umm...are you busy tonight?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:31 pm
.......and on a similar theme......

A spinster walks past the same pet shop every day on the way to the library. One day, she sees a sign on the window that says "Pussy licking frog, special offer, £25".
"Disgusting" thinks the lady, and she walks on....

For the next three days (just to cut down on the length of the joke) she walks past the shop, sees the sign still there, and gradually warms to this idea of owning a pussy licking frog.

By the fifth day she has made up her mind to purchase this frog, and is by now, quite excited about the whole thing. She makes sure that she has £25 in her purse, and sets off to the pet shop, hoping that it hasn't been sold.

When she gets there, she is relieved to see the sign still on the window, takes a very deep breath, and walks through the door and up to the counter.

The owner greets her with a smile and he says "Bonjour Madame (obviously in a French accent)....can I 'elp you?"

< posted once before, but worth a re-print, methinks >
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:48 pm
You're so bad....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:20 pm
Oy Spanky, I see 101 questions coming down on you Wink
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:20 pm
Ragman wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:

So, I have a smell to me that attracks dogs is what I am getting. I can't be the only one since I would like to think I am normal.

Slurp!

Umm...are you busy tonight?

As a matter of fact no
why you have a good idea Idea
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:24 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Oy Spanky, I see 101 questions coming down on you Wink

Every time I see your picture I laugh not because you are funny looking but, because I just know you are going to write something funny

(this is a compliment on your sense of humor even though I do not know what spanky means)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:32 pm
Sounds like you're an animal whisperer, darlin. See if you can get them to listen like aquaman does creatures of the sea.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:34 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
.......and on a similar theme......

A spinster walks past the same pet shop every day on the way to the library. One day, she sees a sign on the window that says "Pussy licking frog, special offer, £25".
"Disgusting" thinks the lady, and she walks on....

For the next three days (just to cut down on the length of the joke) she walks past the shop, sees the sign still there, and gradually warms to this idea of owning a pussy licking frog.

By the fifth day she has made up her mind to purchase this frog, and is by now, quite excited about the whole thing. She makes sure that she has £25 in her purse, and sets off to the pet shop, hoping that it hasn't been sold.

When she gets there, she is relieved to see the sign still on the window, takes a very deep breath, and walks through the door and up to the counter.

The owner greets her with a smile and he says "Bonjour Madame (obviously in a French accent)....can I 'elp you?"

<posted>

I am not surprised you showed up Lord Ellpus and I thought your first paragraph was hilarious. The problem is I am really bad at jokes. I usually do not understand them. This is so embarrassing. I do not understand your joke. Ticomaya had to explain one to me once.

(feels like a idiot because people have to explain jokes to me and even then sometimes I still do not get it Embarrassed)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:35 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Sounds like you're an animal whisperer, darlin. See if you can get them to listen like aquaman does creatures of the sea.

Oh you did not forget the darlin (sigh)

Still wanna run away?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:36 pm
Done told, I'm goin!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
Re: My dog licks me all over why?
tryingtohelp wrote:
So if anybody can think of a reason she would do this or know why she does this then maybe I can take steps to stop her

Sweat/salt + dominance = licking

When you're asleep is one of the only times she can be dominant.

Crating at night will help with the specific problem, but training in general is the best idea. Your dog needs to understand that you're the alpha whether you're awake or asleep.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Done told, I'm goin!

Does that mean I can't come? Sad
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:42 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've such as well and do the same .... but again, she's different to those of Francis :wink:

Walter you lick strangers too?

Maybe I am not normal if you all go around licking strangers.
0 Replies