A2K Fanstasy Baseball 2007

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 04:19 am
Didja see 2 new features on Yahoo baseball? One is the opponents tab (on your roster), you can see about 5 days ahead and make some advance choices. It's a little buggy, you need to go to a day, then click Opponents (it doesn't save the setting) but for pitchers in particular it looks promising. I don't think it will completely take away the favorable matchups page.

The other is a sit or play thing, I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet. I believe it's also going to be on the roster page; probably just a caret ^ like for starting pitchers is my guess as to the look of it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 09:58 pm
Yeah, I've already put the "^" or "x" in front of the batter function to good use. Sizemore had an "x", so I benched him. Sure enough, he didn't play that game.

You have to check fairly close to before game time is all.

"Favorable matchups" page? Never used it. Going to check it out though ....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:42 am
So, Jermaine Dye hit a home run yesterday.

I had him benched.

Argh.

Yes, favorable matchups; I tend to not use those for pitchers so much (I start pretty much anyone who's supposed to be pitching) but for batters, if I have a choice I will often take their advice.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 06:45 am
I went by "favorable matchups" twice.
I got toasted twice.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:18 am
jespah wrote:
So, Jermaine Dye hit a home run yesterday.

I had him benched.

Argh.

I have learned to never bench A-Rod, Matt Holliday, Grady Sizemore, or Chase Utley. Been burned every time I have.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 04:05 pm
I was checking out the box scores of games finished so far today. One category that we don't use was each batter's number of runners left on base (LOB) The lowest I saw was 0, but I also saw a 6. Choke.
Did you ever consider including that, JPinMilw? Too late for this year, I suspect.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:23 pm
George: You have a SP who is listed as being on DL but who in fact is off DL and will be starting tonight. Did you know that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:46 pm
It will be amazing if I win my round this week.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:54 pm
Go, Cycloteam, go!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 04:59 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
George: You have a SP who is listed as being on DL but who in fact is off DL and will be starting tonight. Did you know that?

Yep.
I want to see how his first game goes before I commit to playing him.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 05:22 pm
Yes! Go, Cyclo! Tico is so arrogant, so haughty, so disdainful of the rest of us, and in a commanding lead. I hope you kick his butt.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:47 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Yes! Go, Cyclo! Tico is so arrogant, so haughty, so disdainful of the rest of us, and in a commanding lead. I hope you kick his butt.

I'm just enjoying being in first while I can. But I understand that when you're Numero Uno, everyone's gunning for you.

That being said, I think I'm having my worst game of the year, while Cyclops is having his best. But I'm surprised he's even paying attention. Nobody tell him his best closer is sitting on his bench.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:48 pm
George wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:

Yep.

I think he did just fine, George.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 02:32 pm
George wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:

Yep.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think I would have gone with him on the notion that he was "new." Batters might not be used to facing him.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:16 pm
After 19 years in MLB, I would say Kenny Rogers is the opposite of "new."
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:19 pm
"new" in the sense of coming off of DL and having batters facing him for the first time this year.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:23 pm
I knew what you meant, RJB ... just funnin ya.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
RJB ... just funnin ya.

The first time I heard that expression was in 1964, when I met this guy at William and Mary. He went on to become a prominent surgeon in his home state of GA. When did you first hear it?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:41 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
RJB ... just funnin ya.

The first time I heard that expression was in 1964, when I met this guy at William and Mary. He went on to become a prominent surgeon in his home state of GA. When did you first hear it?

Andy Griffith show, 1976.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2007 07:08 am
The Sodom Salt Statues are winning by two
because my hitters are hitting like poo.

Burma Shave.
0 Replies