A2K Fanstasy Baseball 2007

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:39 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
My draft strategy is simple: The computer knows MUCH more about baseball than I do, so I'll let it do all the heavy lifting.

The computer knows all.

Yet it's still not able to laugh at us mere mortals.

PS 10 or 12 players, it's all good, whatever works for all.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:47 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
My draft strategy is simple: The computer knows MUCH more about baseball than I do, so I'll let it do all the heavy lifting.

I, on the other hand, am a very competitive game player. I have pre-selected my draft, out-guessing the computer rankings. And I will probably micro-manage my line-up each day. And I will finish towards the bottom of the league with my Rappin Rednecks. But I will have made the decisions. That is important to me, even though I know nothing about baseball.

Is that weird?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:20 pm
On fantasy football, basketball & hockey, I tend to be like Tico.
Results have not been good in football & basketball; excellent in Hockey.

On baseball, I am much like rjb. Even more. To the point of obsession.

The computer says A-Rod, I dislike/dump him off my list.
The computer says Rolen, I dislike/dump him.
The computer says Travis Hafner, I like him, but as a DH he can only play utility, diminishes my team's flexibility, I dump him.

Then, there are the hunches:
Is Matt Holliday going to have a season like 2006? No way!
Will Dan Uggla struggle in his sophomore year? I think so.
Is Tom Gordon going ot last as Phillies closer? I wouldn't bet on it.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:06 pm
That's also true for me, I know more about baseball than football (of which I know only the basics). But that didn't stop me from doing way better on the football league.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:09 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'm not going to lie; I won't be a very active manager.

Cycloptichorn

Hey... if you set your line-up once every week so so... that is good by me. It doesn't take much to manage a team.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:17 am
I'm a bit nervous about this years draft... I haven't been following spring training like I normally do and feel unprepared. I think my biggest unknown is pitching this year. I don't think many of the real old or real young pitchers that did good last year will be able to duplicate their results from last season. I'm not really sure who I want as my ace or my closer this year.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:16 pm
Alrighty... number of players is changed to 12... let's get 2 more people in here.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 05:51 am
realjohnboy wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

I, on the other hand, am a very competitive game player. I have pre-selected my draft, out-guessing the computer rankings. And I will probably micro-manage my line-up each day. And I will finish towards the bottom of the league with my Rappin Rednecks. But I will have made the decisions. That is important to me, even though I know nothing about baseball.

Is that weird?

Nope. I hope to be a fairly active manager after the draft ... time permitting.

I'm actually going to a Spring Training game in a couple weeks to scout.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 08:28 am
Who are you going to see, Tico?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:43 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Who are you going to see, Tico?

Giants v. Royals.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 12:22 pm
could you tell Barry i said "hey"?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 02:54 pm
Is anyone going to be on the live draft?

If I recall correctly, last year it was only jpin and me.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 05:20 pm
As I recall, I was here for last year's live draft and, unless I get a better offer on how to spend a Saturday afternoon I will be here again. I have pre-selected my choices. Since I know even less about baseball then I do football I will probably sit by and watch the thing unfold. But who knows? See yall Saturday, perhaps.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2007 08:05 pm
I had to change the players back to 10 since the draft is this weekend... I hope to be there for it, but my schedule may or may not let me. Hpyy drafting everyone!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:04 am
realjohnboy wrote:
As I recall, I was here for last year's live draft and, unless I get a better offer on how to spend a Saturday afternoon I will be here again. I have pre-selected my choices. Since I know even less about baseball then I do football I will probably sit by and watch the thing unfold. But who knows? See yall Saturday, perhaps.

As I recall you had the first pick of the draft. And as I further recall, you selected Orioles catcher Javy Lopez as the No. 1 pick.

I will probably not be able to be here for the draft.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:04 am
Region Philbis wrote:
could you tell Barry i said "hey"?

Of course I will.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 05:57 pm
Nice live draft:

Pantalones and I chatted in Spanish, but the instant the draft was over, bang, we were shut out.

I don't know if jp's bro or rjb were also there... seemed so... it did not always take their teams the same amount of time to choose.

I'm satisfied with the result.

Jp thinks I didn't notice the new categories (GS, CS), but I did. I think my team will lead in the "caught stealing" category. Laughing
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:06 pm
Yes, I was there, but my pre-draft selections got picked off before it was my turn each round. I ended up with fewer than half of the players I had wanted. But there is plenty of time to make adjustments.
I saw the chat window, but couldn't figure out how to get in.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:12 pm
Pantalones had no trouble with the chat window, but did have some trouble at the beginning with his picks.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:16 pm
I was distracted by a phone call at the time of the draft and I think double clicking automatically chose a particular player. So I picked some players I wouldn't have picked otherwise.

I didn't like Travis Hafner's lack of versatility but I'm liking the pick now so I now think it's good I picked him accidentally.
0 Replies