A2K Fanstasy Baseball 2007

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:57 pm
Who haven't we heard from from last year? I tried to pull in osso and cjhaso, but both declined.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 05:08 am
I've sent a PM to Cyclo, no response. And I don't think the lovely Mrs. Pancakes will be joining us. Dang, we need more women.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:18 am
Anybody have a friend or two that might want to play? We are looking for two more people.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:50 am
I'm in. Cycloteam

I don't know much about baseball anymore (haven't followed individual players in years) but that same problem didn't stop me from getting fourth in the NFL league - so cheers to you all!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
In theory, I would have fun doing fantasy baseball. Except I'm way too lazy to keep up with it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:25 pm
Sweet... welcome to the club, Cyc!

That brings the total to 9. One more and we are good to go.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 02:30 pm
Slappy: Last season we had a team fold. The commissioner (jpinMilw) took over the team and, in essence, put it on auto-pilot for the rest of the year. And the team didn't do all that badly. You can set your line-up and leave it for a week or two or more at a time, if you are so inclined.
We do need to have an even number of teams to get the weekly matchips to work.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:13 pm
pssst... rjb... that was Slappy's team last year...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:34 pm
Oops! I thought I saw a discrepancy on the draft time on 3/10. Is it 2:30 pm ET or 5:30 pm?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 07:08 am
Sat Mar 10 2:30pm PST... so 530 east coast.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 03:24 pm
5:30 pm EST, indeed.
We do need to scrounge up a 10th player. I wandered around the Sports forum and did find a thread started by someone named Kermit called Fantasy Baseball Time Again? He seems to be into it. I would suggest that, if you haven't already done so, you pm him. The selling point would be that most of us know very little about baseball, so he will probably beat us badly if he chooses to join in.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 03:38 pm
I've been going with a girl for about two months. This week I popped the question. She said she'll think about it.

The question was: "How much do you know about baseball?" which then was followed with her answer: "Are you trying to get me to join a fantasy league?". She had told me she was a baseball fan.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 03:59 pm
LOL... you sure do know how to woo the ladies, pantalones.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:42 pm
The Nattering Nabobs have just registered.
Why do I think this is a bad idea?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:58 pm
Hooray! I would suggest changing the team limit to 12. with #11 being made aware that unless he/she is joined by #12, we will stick with 10 of us. The more the merrier.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:38 am
Yay! Thanks for joining, George.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 10:06 pm
My draft strategy is simple: The computer knows MUCH more about baseball than I do, so I'll let it do all the heavy lifting.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:50 am
Yeah... welcome, George. Glad you joined us this season!

What does everyone else think of changing the number of available players to 12?

I'd like to have 12 players, but I'd rather have 10 teams that are all active, than 12 teams with an absentee manger for one or more teams.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:52 am
Ticomaya wrote:
My draft strategy is simple: The computer knows MUCH more about baseball than I do, so I'll let it do all the heavy lifting.

The computer knows all.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:32 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

The computer knows all.

Yes it does.

I'm not going to lie; I won't be a very active manager.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies