Gore Announces S.O.S.

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:01 am
cjhsa wrote:
And that biodegradable cup comment - OMFGYKM!!! It's Antarctica you nimwits, not a spring walk in Savannah. Any damage to the ecosystem there will literally take thousands of years to recover - if ever. What retardation.

I see. So according to you, if you drop a biodegradable paper cup in Antartica, a thousand years later the cup will still be there?

Were you born this dense, or do you work to actively achieve it?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:10 am
You know what? On second thought maybe you have a point. Maybe you need to go beyond biodegradable all the way to 100% percent collection of trash.

I would imagine that since the living areas will be controlled-I don't think anyone is just going to pitch a tent-and the concert areas will be controlled, I don't think 100% collection of trash will be that hard. Especially since the people will be drawn to emphasize attention to the environment in the first place.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:28 am
Antarctic web cam

http://www.antarcticanz.govt.nz/education/2568
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:58 am
A footprint in the ice will be there for milleniums to come.

The naeivity of the so called "environmentalists" is tiresome and predictable. Why do you think I've been here encouraging people to get outdoors and be a part of the cycle of life instead of just an observer?

It's sad that you may never understand.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:22 am
Gore is pitiful. He was born and bred to be president but will never be....so he created his own presidency...president of the environment.

Latching onto the environmental movement is the easiest path to celebrity this day and time.

Do as I say, not as I do, this would apply to 99.9% of the followers of this farcical display.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 08:55 am
http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/070226/garymccoy.jpg
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 11:48 am
cjhsa wrote:
A footprint in the ice will be there for milleniums to come.

It's sad that you may never understand.

I understand all right. I understand that you are full of baloney.

Every footprint in Antartica stays there a millenium? Then how come I saw pictures in a running magazine of people running a marathon in Antartica, and they were wearing shorts and were running on solid ground instead of ice? The temperatures were in the mid forties Fahrenheit.

It was part of a trip for runners who wanted to rightfully claim that they had run a marathon on all seven continents. Antartica was the final frontier. One fellow had run over 100 marathons, or claimed to. Don't ask me what his knees were made of, but that is another story.

The anti-environemtalists suddenly circle the wagons to protect the Antarctic from the Gore invasion. Oh, brother. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:01 pm
And how do you equate conservation with anti-environmentalism?

It's a different approach. Mine involves time tested techniques instead of kneejerk reactions. That's all.

I look at myself as a part of nature. If a river threatens my home, for example, I will do my best to divert it. If wolves attack my livestock, I will shoot them. An enviro-whacko will try to fine me for doing so. Enviro-whackos suck.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:09 pm
You seem to miss the point. I hope your aim is better when you are hunting, or else nobody in the county standing outside at the moment would be safe.

Gore is not fining you anything. Gore is trying to use the persuasive power of music to publicize the need for environmental programs, to prevent pollution pouring into the air and effluents pouring into the water. This event is staged for that purpose. And while the concert itself may indeed involve the release of fossil fuels to get people there-Antarctica does not seem to be within walking distance of too many places-the resulting publicity and public support for environmental programs will hopefully more than compensate for the small amount fossil fuels burnt to transport the people and bands.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:14 pm
With any luck, they'll all get stuck there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:03 pm
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:51 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
MM isn't the new Soldier of Fortune out or something you can read and appreciate?

I dont know,I have never read Soldier of Fortune.

Why is it you must revert to insults as soon as someone starts to disagree with you?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:02 pm
only with people who talk to me like I'm less of an American than they are hero.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:13 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
only with people who talk to me like I'm less of an American than they are hero.

Show me one time where I have EVER said that or inferred that?

I disagree with many of your positions,but I have NEVER said or inferred that you are "less of an American",and I defy you to show me one place where I have EVER said that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:19 pm
That's what happens when you fail to make it in rock and roll and have to rely on DJing to support your family. You get bitter and paranoid.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:47 pm
McGentrix wrote:
That's what happens when you fail to make it in rock and roll and have to rely on DJing to support your family. You get bitter and paranoid.

I'm a dj because I enjoy it and I make plenty of money for it. I recommend it unless of course your knees are too weak to stand for long periods or say be unfit to serve in the military. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:05 pm
<chirp>
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
<chirp>

Thats what I thought.
You can not show me anyplace where I ever "
Quote:
only with people who talk to me like I'm less of an American than they are hero
"

So your statement about me was wrong.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:54 pm
actually the chirp referred to McGentrix. Like all imaginary tough guys he really doesn't have much to say.

MM... I won't dig through a million posts but it is patently obivous to anyone other than your fellow die hard bush and war no matter what compadres that you consider yourself better and a truer American than the anti war anti bush crowd. It glows all around you like an light you could guide boats into the harbor with.

Deny it all you want. It doesn't change a damn thing.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:24 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
actually the chirp referred to McGentrix. Like all imaginary tough guys he really doesn't have much to say.

I am no tough guy, I was done with you for the time being and had nothing else to add.

Regardless of that though, I will agree that MM is a much better American than you are.
0 Replies