Verrry Confused

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2003 03:43 pm
If he sees you as such a valuable person, why isn't he treating you like a valuable person?

He sees you as a convenience--a disposable convenience. The kindest hypothesis I can formulate is that he realized he was using you and decided to stop doing so.

Fine words butter no parsnips--and any root vegetable needs a bit of butter.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 11:27 am
If the guy really loves you, he should be more concerned with your feelings and a lot less concerned with his own. I don't want to be too hard on him, but it sounds like he is living in the past and feeling sorry for himself when he should be enjoying the present and looking forward to the future (?) with you. He has to get past self-pity and his obsession with how he's feeling ("claustrophobia" or whatever) before there can be much hope for a healthier relationship. The relationship has to be about both of you--not just him.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 06:14 pm
KEhleyr17 ~ be true to yourself and your child. If you ever need anyone to talk to, you can come here. Be strong girl!
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:20 pm
"Yes, I know y'all are right. I guess I was having a weak moment. I do need to write him off. I won't ever be so easily fooled again. I will not fall for anything like that again."

Fooled?
Never fall for for anyone like that again?

You did have some good times didn't you? It was a good book with a crappy ending. Well, don't stop buying books, just scan the index a little more carefully the next time and quit reading a little sooner when the story starts top fall apart. It's been a hard lesson but a lesson none the less. You learned something about yourself (hopefully) and about a different kind of person in the world. Odds are that you will see difficulties coming much sooner in the future.

I may be a little hard but I figure that if I get to the "Shut up or put up" point in a relationship (romantic or otherwise) hell, the relationship done anyway. There are just too many other reasonable, nice, friendly, considerate, self-sufficient, caring, generous and sincere people out there that you could be spending time with. Go get one of thwem. He'll probably be more than willing to also keep a picture of you in his truck!

If, by some small chance, you do get fooled (don't like that word) again, what the hell. Learn and go shopping again. If youare waiting for some dramatic change on his part, you probably have a better chance of winning the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes!!
0 Replies