Why can't (minorities) Just Get Along?

aidan

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:53 pm
Quote:
That or the fact they don't belong in the society in the first place - aka "illegal" aliens. Can you say MS13?

What's MS13? Is that some kind of statute or something? (You have to excuse me- immigration in the US is not something I've been studying lately).

It'd be interesting to know what percentage of minorities involved in gang activity are in the US illegally.

It might just be a misconception I have, but I can't imagine that someone who's in the US illegally would call attention to him or herself and that fact by getting involved in something like gang activity which would cause the local police presence to be aware of or become aware of their identity, after which I'm sure their status as illegals would become a focus of attention.

So are you saying you don't believe that blacks or latinos or other minorities are inherently more prone to violence and criminality?

Do you think illegal aliens are the only ones who "don't belong" in our society?

Is their any other criteria you'd use to make the determination as to who does belong and who doesn't "belong" in a specific society?

And finally, why do you believe minorities "can't get along"?
(I have my theories about why this at least seems to be the case- but I'd be interested in hearing anyone else's).
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 05:20 am
Well done Aid. Both in correcting the PC exuberance as well as highlighting CJ's racism. Very well done.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 07:25 am
I don't know if others feel this is necessary or not, but I feel rude when I ignore compliments, so thanks Bill and Gus and 2packs for your positive comments.

CJ- I really would be interested in your thoughts. I don't know you well enought to assume that I already know what they are. I asked the questions I did because I'm interested in this issue, and I think it's important to hear diverse opinions as it is an issue with many facets that can be looked at in many different ways.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 08:16 am
Please excuse my "PC exuberance" but white gangs are BIG in the Northwest and they account for a LOT of crime.

Quote:

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/dcj/insidedcj041806.shtml#tracking

I think this report makes an interesting distinction: that the white gangs tend to be more ideological than criminal.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 08:24 am
boomerang wrote:
Please excuse my "PC exuberance" but white gangs are BIG in the Northwest and they account for a LOT of crime.

Quote:

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/dcj/insidedcj041806.shtml#tracking

I think this report makes an interesting distinction: that the white gangs tend to be more ideological than criminal.
Interestingly, that's precisely opposite of what the quoted piece actually says.
Quote:
However, its activity in the community has tended to be more criminal than ideological or overtly racist - the gang is heavily involved in weapons and drug trafficking.
I suspect they've got a long way to go before the Crips and Bloods get nervous anyway.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 08:33 am
Actually, the article is pointing out that this gang is an exception to the typical skinhead gang -- which is more ideological than criminal.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 02:59 am
Quote:
Sheriff traces guns' crooked paths to Compton's streets

By Megan Garvey, Times Staff Writer
January 23, 2007

To crack down on gangs and stem soaring violence in Compton, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca asked his deputies and detectives not just to investigate crime but to also probe where gang members were getting their guns.

So sheriff's officials embarked on an unprecedented census to track down the origins of nearly 900 weapons confiscated there last year.

The results, released Monday, offer a glimpse into the complex and unexpected ways guns get into the hands of gang members.

Sixteen guns recovered in or near Compton were traced to a single store in Sparks, Nev., through databases of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

That same location, officials said, accounted for more than 350 weapons recovered nationwide by law enforcement officials last year, including 65 in the Los Angeles area.

The bureau is investigating the store, and law enforcement officials declined to identify it, Baca said.

The bulk of the weapons confiscated in Compton were originally sold in California. But scores of others came from Arizona, Nevada and Colorado. Nine weapons were registered in Connecticut and a few others were registered in Ohio.

... ... ...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:51 am
cjhsa posted an article discussing gang violence in LA between blacks and hispanics and is now guilty of racism?

How about actually discussing the violence in the article instead of going off on tangents because the article did not discuss any white gangs?

It has become rather common of many people here to always try to turn any thread discussing minority violence into a tu quoque argument.
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:59 am
cjhsa, there are plenty of white folks who don't get along, who kill, hurt their children it's not just an issue of "minorities." The only difference being, "minorities" get the air play because white society expects to tsk, tsk them.

Where I live, the death of a white child by the hands of a gun becomes front page news-- but black children are dying in this city the same way every day. They get no air or print time.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:59 pm
Thank you, sunrock. I think about the same thing every time it becomes national news that a white girl got lost or abducted while on some exotic vacation.

Right now there's a story being ignored nationally about an apparent murder of a newly elected Black Louisiana mayor, that was made to look like a suicide.

Perspective is a tricky thing.
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:44 pm
snood wrote:
Thank you, sunrock. I think about the same thing every time it becomes national news that a white girl got lost or abducted while on some exotic vacation.

Right now there's a story being ignored nationally about an apparent murder of a newly elected Black Louisiana mayor, that was made to look like a suicide.

Perspective is a tricky thing.

Well, the subject of his post implies "minorities" are barbaric and all those remaining who do not come under this category...er, ah, let's see, oh yes, that'd be white people, are highly civilised and never commit heinous crimes.

Here's a quick example:

http://www.aztlan.net/murder_mexican_immigrants_rise.htm

Yesiree.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 05:34 pm
So, one can never discuss minority violence then without first commenting on non-moniority violence? Is this now the case?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 07:19 pm
McG, the title was provocative... probably intentionally so. If a couple of Deer Hunters got busted smoking crank… it wouldn't be appropriate to title the thread "Why do Deer Hunters smoke crank?". Minorities will naturally not want to be stereotyped by the actions of the worst among them, any more than you'd want to stereotyped by the actions of the KKK.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 08:31 pm
Quote:
McG, the title was provocative... probably intentionally so.

Well...YEAH.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 03:07 am
cjhsa wrote:
Ask any cop in any major U.S. city who the biggest, most problematic gangs are. If any of those you posted are mentioned, I'd be floored.

Then you had better talk wth my step dad and learn the truth. He worked undercover for ATF and the Secret Service infiltrating white supremacists in the north west.

he was the first law enforcement agent to interview the white supremicists who murdered allen berg.

street gangs are not even close to what has been done by white separatists

while a Crip member might sport a mac 10 and terrorize a couple of blocks in the hood, those in the Order robbed banks in a dozen states murdering for millions and had 50 caliber machine guns, bazookas and enough small arms to start a war in Africa.

snood, the problem is "whitie" setting black against brown to keep the coloreds down. its not actually racial based because it stems from economics.

a century ago the robber barons in the coal fields of pennsylvania used italians as scabs to break the irish unions, and in the meat packing plants in chicago pitted poles against hungarians.

watch "matwan" the best movie i know of about labor strife.

just like in baghdad, give people economic opportunities and they will lay down their guns
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 07:58 am
McGentrix wrote:
So, one can never discuss minority violence then without first commenting on non-moniority violence? Is this now the case?

No, this is not now the case.

One would hope that one would not be so affected as to separate one's self from other posters. "Minorities" (said with a curled lip).

On a lighter note, was thrilled by the president's State o' the Union address. Perhaps he ran out of time begging to send more troops into Iraq and had to cut the section on Katrina? That must've been the case, as Katrina has always been a top priority for him.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:24 am
Sunrock wrote:
On a lighter note, was thrilled by the president's State o' the Union address. Perhaps he ran out of time begging to send more troops into Iraq and had to cut the section on Katrina? That must've been the case, as Katrina has always been a top priority for him.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 08:37 pm
Sunrock wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

No, this is not now the case.

One would hope that one would not be so affected as to separate one's self from other posters. "Minorities" (said with a curled lip).

You've a singular wit, sunrock. And welcome to A2K, by the by.
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:23 pm
Thanks for the welcome Snood, I appreciate it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:53 pm
You might as well ask why humans can't get along. I haven't noticed c etc. that you control your temper here.
0 Replies