Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:44 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,315 • Replies: 40
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:02 am
I think the operative word here is gangs, not minorities.

The skinheads don't get along with other gangs and they're a bunch of white boys. It isn't fair to judge all white people based on the action of these idiotic gangs. Same goes for judging black and Latino people based on their equally idiotic gangs.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:06 am
boomerang wrote:
I think the operative word here is gangs, not minorities.

At least that's what the report is about and what the original NYT title says.

But such doesn't fit in cjhsa's racism.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:12 am
The race wars in the U.S. have little if anything to do with white people anymore. Skinheads are a tiny, tiny faction here. Maybe you have a bigger issue with them in Germany, Walt.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:14 am
I neither questioned that nor is it the topic of the report you quoted.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:15 am
Did yot not read what is said?

"Much of the violence springs from rivalries between black and Latino gangs, especially in neighborhoods where the black population has been declining and the Latino population surging. A 14 percent increase in gang crime last year, at a time when overall violent crime was down, has been attributed in good measure to the interracial conflict."

I lived in California for twenty years. The closest thing I ever saw to a white gang were territorial surfers.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:20 am
I don't know who taught you when and at what university criminology, cjhsa, but here's a rather complete bibliography on gang culture.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:25 am
Yeah, and? Did you look at what you posted?

Crips, bloods, blacks, latinos...repeat ad nauseum.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:32 am
Google "christian identity groups" to see just how small the "white gang" movement it.

Or Google:

Aryian nations
Volksfront
The order
KKK
Northwest imperative

.... and so on and so on and so on ad nauseum.

I'm not defending any of these race based groups - they're all equally stupid - but to pretend that gangs are limited to any one race shows you just aren't paying attention.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:37 am
Ask any cop in any major U.S. city who the biggest, most problematic gangs are. If any of those you posted are mentioned, I'd be floored.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:44 am
Why do you always like to show publically that you have no idea about you post, cjhsa?

Get some adoptions of sociology, try then some simple special books later and read a bit about criminology.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:45 am
Excuse me, Mr. Headinthesandler.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 05:35 pm
So, what else is new?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:59 pm
It doesn't serve any productive purpose to deny facts that are clearly evident.

It is a sociological fact that minority populations in the US are more heavily involved in gang activity than native born whites. (But there are also Asian gangs, eastern European gangs, etc., etc).

People who are marginalized or feel disenfranchised in a society see less reason to follow the laws of the society they feel has made them so.

That may be why you see more rebellious and/or criminal activity and behavior from certain minority groups.

I don't think it's racist to face facts. Unless you say there is something in a black or latino person's particular DNA that makes them more prone to criminality-you're not debasing them based on their race- which is what racism is.

Is that what you're saying cj? Do you believe that these people are inherently evil and violent because of their race? Or do you believe there are other outside factors that may have contributed to their attitudes and behavior?

Because an "eye for an eye" which is the logic that precipitated this incident, is not a sentiment or practice embraced or embodied by any one or two races in particular. That particular philosophical gem has been translated into action by people of every race through every age.

And people of every stripe seem to love to feel a part of one "gang" or another...I guess everyone wants or has to feel they belong somewhere.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:09 pm
Well said.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:28 pm
I'll agree. That was well said. Let's give cjsha a moment to collect his thoughts.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 08:52 pm
kinda like waiting for rainwater to collect in a sieve.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 11:32 pm
aidan wrote:
It is a sociological fact that minority populations in the US are more heavily involved in gang activity than native born whites. (But there are also Asian gangs, eastern European gangs, etc., etc).

Minorities generally (no rule without exclusion) tend to do that. Everywhere. Not only in the USA.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:37 am
aidan wrote:
People who are marginalized or feel disenfranchised in a society see less reason to follow the laws of the society they feel has made them so.

That or the fact they don't belong in the society in the first place - aka "illegal" aliens. Can you say MS13?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 07:45 am
Lame.
0 Replies