Is He Winding Me Up Or What?

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:42 pm
A male friend of mine (who I indulge in plenty of mutual flirting with) sent me a text message a couple of days before Christmas that went something along the lines of...

"Hi gorgeous, gonna ask you something after Christmas. Hope you say yes, it's really good I hope just waiting on some good news"

I asked him what it was but he wouldn't tell me and said he was waiting for this good news first and that he wanted me to say yes.

It's now the 9th Jan and he hasn't said anything. It's driving me insane. Is he winding me up? If so, why? Should I mention it again or just leave it. Oh for God's sake. Voice of reason and logic please.

x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,940 • Replies: 28
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:53 pm
Was this in lieu of a Christmas present?

If so, could be that he didn't have anything, wanted to buy time, and is now scrambling to figure out something that lives up to the advance billing...

It does seem pretty specific, though. Maybe the good news he was waiting for didn't materialize?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:54 pm
Re: Is He Winding Me Up Or What?
Well, just guessing, but what he was going to ask sounded like it was contingetn on "some good news". Maybe it didn't materialize. Go ahead and bug him about it. Good news may be irrelevant, and he just doesn't know it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:55 pm
He hasn't said anything about what he was going to ask you, or he hasn't said anything?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:06 pm
He just hasn't said anything about the thing he was going to ask. We have spoken plenty of times since about other day to day stuff.

He already bought me a few Christmas presents so I don't think it's that.

I will ask him again.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:14 pm
Yep, go ahead an bug him. Something along the lines of hoping to be able to say yes to whatever the question is.

I know, let's play guess the question... here's my guess:

DP, I've got the keys to an apartment on the Riviera for a weekend in March, will you join me?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:16 pm
I think he was probably drunk when he originally told you this, and was planning to ask you to sleep with him. Then when he was sober again, he chickened out.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:18 pm
In which case the good news was a clean std report?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

aaah, another fantasy situation to add to the thousands I have been envisioning as you can imagine.

It's probably gonna be something like, "will you look after my dog while I go on holiday with the lads?"
0 Replies

DrewDad

"The doctor told me I could stop taking those antibiotics."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

I think you may finally get laid depending on the results of his HIV test...
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:29 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I must confess, I have alread slept with him a while ago (4 months). Embarrassed

But we have been just mates for about 2 years before that.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:34 pm
I'm going with the waiting on word of a raise / inheritance/ refund so he can ask you to clean his apartment... He'll pay you.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:35 pm
I just asked him again and he said

"I will tell you very soon, hold on to your knickers, won't be long."

I hope the knickers (panties for you American guys) reference isn't a metaphor for the std issue.

Confused
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:37 pm
squinney wrote:
I'm going with the waiting on word of a raise / inheritance/ refund so he can ask you to clean his apartment... He'll pay you.

I will gladly clean his place for the appropriate amount of cash. I'm skint.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:39 pm
Skint. Another fine term for me to know. I just learned ming on another thread and plan to employee it generously.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 04:41 pm
If you like all things "mingin'" there's a funny website called "mingers.com"

x
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 01:00 pm
btw - it was a weed-smoking excursion to Amsterdam with his mates that he decided not to invite me on because he thought I would be "bored". Rolling Eyes

I think I am definately sending out the wrong signals.

Sad

You really couldn't make this up could you?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:31 pm
What?

Has it already happened?

He didn't ask you to wtch his dog, did he?

Maybe an "I'm never bored when I'm with you" would work?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:35 pm
What was the good news he was waiting for?

Maybe permission from his friends, and he didn't get it?

(Possible reading: They wanted to be wild and pick up chicks and do drugs and be, well, lads. [Did I use that right?] He wanted to do something special for you. They said no, not on our trip. He tried to convince them. He lost.)
0 Replies