New "Boss"...Same as Old "Boss"

woiyo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
He was being facetious.

I think this is a 'let's get ready to start bitching, fellow Righties' thread than anything else.

Cycloptichorn

Really? You think this is for the sake of "bitching"?

You actually think that Democrats have the best interests of the "PEOPLE" in mind when they decide to take actions such as the above?

Do you really believe that politicians representing the Democratic Party have different intentions then those politicians who represent the Republican Party?
Rolling Eyes

Yup - I have consistently maintained that the Dems are slightly less corrupt than the Republicans. I also agree with far more of their proposed legistlative goals.

So it seems that they most certainly have my best interests in mind...

Cycloptichorn

So, your "BEST INTEREST" and your supported legislative goals, are best left in the hands of those your describe as LESS CORRUPT (which means they are corrupt to some degree)?

I actually pity you and those who agree with you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
cjhsa wrote:
If there's no such thing as Presidents' Day, how would they ever sell all that leftover car stereo equipment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidents'_Day_(United_States)

Corrected Link -- "Presidents' Day (United States)," Wikipedia
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:38 pm
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
He was being facetious.

I think this is a 'let's get ready to start bitching, fellow Righties' thread than anything else.

Cycloptichorn

Really? You think this is for the sake of "bitching"?

You actually think that Democrats have the best interests of the "PEOPLE" in mind when they decide to take actions such as the above?

Do you really believe that politicians representing the Democratic Party have different intentions then those politicians who represent the Republican Party?
Rolling Eyes

Yup - I have consistently maintained that the Dems are slightly less corrupt than the Republicans. I also agree with far more of their proposed legistlative goals.

So it seems that they most certainly have my best interests in mind...

Cycloptichorn

So, your "BEST INTEREST" and your supported legislative goals, are best left in the hands of those your describe as LESS CORRUPT (which means they are corrupt to some degree)?

I actually pity you and those who agree with you.

It's called pragmatism. Before, you didn't have too much of a problem with the fact that the 'power' was in the hands of those who were extremely corrupt... why the sudden concern?

While you are busy pining for a perfect gov't, who serves the interests of all people fairly with no corruption, I will be busy trying to get at least some good things accomplished with the group we have.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
roger wrote:
Cut their week to 1 day a week, and don't let them hold meetings the other 4, I say. Still, as a compromise, 4 days is not as dangerous as 5.

Quite right. When I read that the Dems would establish a rule that they would spend five days a week at work, it was the 'spend' part that really worried me.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:28 pm
Drudge blamed Dems for 'day off for football' but '100 hours' agenda delay said to be due to GOP request

Michael Roston
Published: Monday January 8, 2007

Contrary to an Internet report, Republicans in the House of Representatives appear to have asked for a day off less than one week into the 110th Congress, RAW STORY has learned. The Democratic leadership consented, and no action is scheduled on the House floor today.

Congress will not meet today to begin the official "100 hours" agenda of the Democratic Members due to a request put in to the Democratic Leadership by Rep. John Boehner, the Republican Minority Leader in the House of Representatives.

"Mr. Boehner made this request, and in the interest of comity, Democrats granted it," a senior Democratic aide told RAW STORY.

Late Sunday afternoon, news portal operator Matt Drudge displayed a large banner headline on his Website set in capital letters which claimed, "DEM VOW ALREADY BROKEN: HOUSE SETS 4-DAY WORK WEEK." Drudge accused the Democrats of shutting down the House because of the College Football National Championship being played tonight between top teams Ohio State University and the University of Florida in Arizona.

"Hill sources claim The House is taking Monday 'off' this week, because of the championship football game," Drudge wrote.

Drudge's "flash" also included a graphic taken from a press release sent from the office of Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, which - as the Internet journalist phrased it - "boldly declares: 'Monday, January 8, 2007: The House is not in session.'"
0 Replies