Concentration camps for U.S. citizens

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:43 pm
See it for yourself

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5915634797081569203&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,924 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 09:09 pm
That is heart-breaking.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:55 am
The report discuss ILLEGAL ALIENS.

They have no RIGHT to be here in the US.

They are free to go back to Mexico .

Explain to me what happens if a US citizen enters illegally into Mexico and is caught.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:00 pm
woiyo wrote:

Explain to me what happens if a US citizen enters illegally into Mexico and is caught.

Hilarious! Yet another bigot who refuses to listen beyond his or her own preconceived notions. The link directs you to a Palestinian family who was denied political asylum.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:14 pm
They have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE.

Where in the US Constitution does it provide them a RIGHT TO BE HERE?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:14 pm
Mexica wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Hilarious! Yet another bigot who refuses to listen beyond his or her own preconceived notions. The link directs you to a Palestinian family who was denied political asylum.

Are the mexicans that don't allow south americans to cross illegally into mexico bigots as well?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:37 pm
woiyo, it's a world in transformation. Best to get used to it. It adds to the flavor of America. "Dallas Based Food Chain To Accept Mexican Pesos"

KAREN ROBINSON-JACOBS
Dallas Morning News
Monday, January 8, 2007

Starting Monday, patrons of the Dallas-based Pizza Patrón chain, which caters heavily to Latinos, will be able to purchase American pizzas with Mexican pesos.

Restaurant experts and economists said they knew of no other food chain with locations so far from the Mexican border offering such a service.

"We're trying to reach out to our core customer," Antonio Swad, president of Pizza Patrón Inc., said Friday.

"We know they come back [from Mexico] and have pesos left over. We want to be a convenient place for them to spend their pesos."

While U.S. restaurant chains have stepped up their marketing to Latino consumers and incorporated Latin flavors in the menu, it's unusual to see that outreach extend to the cash register.

"I think it's a very interesting idea," said Ron Paul, president of Technomic Inc., a Chicago-based restaurant market research firm. "They are catering to that audience."

But Mr. Paul said he did not see other chains rushing to emulate the program, in part because of bookkeeping headaches.

Usefulness
Others mentioned that the growing use of credit cards and the desire to hang on to the pesos for a return trip to Mexico would dilute the usefulness of the program.

"If you're not in a border town, I don't see the functional benefit," said Juan Faura, president and chief executive of Cultura, a Dallas-based marketing and advertising firm.

He and others saw the program more as a marketing effort than a badly needed service.

"I would see it as a move by the chain to communicate unequivocally to the Hispanic market that they are for them," Mr. Faura said.

"I don't see any other reason for it."

But Andrew Gamm, Pizza Patrón's director of brand development, said the company tested the idea in a Mesquite store recently and had customers spend "a couple hundred pesos," without any advertisement of the service.

Bills only
Under the program - which is set to end in late February but may be extended - the chain's 59 stores will take peso bills only, not coins.

Using cards listing the conversion calculations, cashiers will enter the figure in U.S. dollars into the cash register and give the change in U.S. currency.

Mr. Swad said some franchisees have made arrangements with their banks to handle the currency.

All other franchisees can send the pesos to the corporate headquarters, which will go to a third party to handle the conversion.

Mr. Gamm said the company set its exchange rate at 12 pesos per dollar for the duration of the program. As of Friday's trading, 10.94 pesos were worth $1, according to Bloomberg News.

Mr. Gamm said the difference would cover the cost of getting the pesos converted to dollars.

Mr. Swad said he's prepared to take heat from American consumers who might be offended by the bypassing of greenbacks.

"We're not really interested in finding the safest spot on the board," Mr. Swad said.

About 60 percent of Pizza Patrón customers and 45 percent of the franchisees are Latino.

"We know the purity of our intention, and we're willing to take the heat when there is heat."
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:41 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Are the mexicans that don't allow south americans to cross illegally into mexico bigots as well?

I wouldn't know. But those who try to make just about every case involving illegal immigrants into a discussion that solely includes Mexico and Mexicans are.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:45 pm
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I wouldn't know. But those who try to make just about every case involving illegal immigrants into a discussion that solely includes Mexico and Mexicans are.

Bullshit. One look at any pro-immigration rally smacks of otherwise.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:48 pm
"woiyo, it's a world in transformation. Best to get used to it. It adds to the flavor of America. "Dallas Based Food Chain To Accept Mexican Pesos" "

No it is not Blue. One thing remains consistant, our laws and our constitution. Maybe you should translate it for the illegals.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

A person is a bigot for wanting our immigration laws enforced?
What a crock. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:53 pm
Many countrys accept the US dollar too but try getting in there illegally & spending those $$ & that includes mexico.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:53 pm
woiyo, we are in process of changing laws and customs to meet the situation. America should be greatful for the work done by these souls and make accommodations for them. That's the direction we're heading.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Standard issue liberal claptrap here on A2immigrate. Been battling it for years.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:59 pm
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Here are some facts....

"It shows that Brazil, Egypt, Japan, Mexico, Sweden and Switzerland all have steeper penalties against illegal immigration than the United States. In Mexico, for example, illegal entry is a federal crime punishable by up to two years in prison. Moreover, continued illegal presence in Mexico is punishable by another six years in prison. In the United States, illegal entry is only a civil violation on the first offense. Even repeat offenders are rarely prosecuted. Brazil was the only studied country that doesn't criminalize illegal entry. "

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/06/27/transcript.wed/index.html

Also, you may want to brush up on the definition of bigot is.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:13 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Are you really this obtuse, or are you merely pretending?
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:20 pm
woiyo wrote:

Also, you may want to brush up on the definition of bigot is.

I am very familiar with the definitions of the word "bigot," and your attempt to steer this topic, which is about the detention of Palestinian immigrants into a discussion on Mexican illegal immigrants and Mexico's immigration policies is indicative of a person who "stubbornly holds a particular point of view."
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:21 pm
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Another ploy to get off the topic? Laughing
You do nothing but insult, you never debate the topic on illegal aliens.
Tell me how wanting our laws enforced makes one a bigot. Tell me why illegals should be given a pass for breaking the law as soon as their feet hit US soil. Tell me how they're a help to us when three ERs in Tx alone has lost 93 million $$ in one year because illegal aliens do not pay for the ER care. tell me how the illegals sending 20 BILLION $$ a year back to mexico a year helps the US. tell me how the millions of illegals that get paid under the table helps the US. Try debating the topic rather than throw juvenile insults around.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:24 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
woiyo, we are in process of changing laws and customs to meet the situation. America should be greatful for the work done by these souls and make accommodations for them. That's the direction we're heading.

& until those laws are changed, the illegals are breaking the existing laws as well as the companies &/or individuals that hire them.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:24 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Mexica wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Tell me how wanting our laws enforced makes one a bigot.

It doesn't, and I never said or implied that it does. That was your foolish conclusion.
0 Replies