Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:14 pm
Thanks.

Two down, a zillion to go...

<but it's something>

:wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
No, no no! Thank you! Now, how do we get the word out?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:28 pm
I find it astonishing that this hasn't received more coverage. I grew up in Baton Rouge, so I checked the website for the local paper there. They haven't published an article on this since 1/12.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/politics/5169942.html

How can they let this die?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:34 pm
A2K could be a good start.

If members responded---and then reproduced our info and links on their other sites and emailed their friends, that should be enough to cause a little bit of recognition....? Do you think? 100 repeats of a story should cause someone to at least look at it.

It might not be a bad idea to develop a thread that's used as a hotline for events like this. We could headline it Emergency Activism--but try to avoid partisan subjects--and bump it during emergencies...?

Anyway. I'm not an organizational person... Confused
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:36 pm
Mac - write some emails!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:37 pm
Are we allowed to do that sort of thing here, Lash?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:00 pm
I'm not sure, lilk.

It would sort of be what I just did (up there).

Set up links to forms...

I thought we couldn't advertise another web site....
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:01 pm
Anyhoo, I'll send a banner to my great big 41 friends on Myspace.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:13 pm
I can easily be creeped by internet stuff on all sides, as fuzzing multiplies, here, or, on the other sides, there.

I think a more zoned set of real letters might matter. If not pen in hand, at least not a carbon copy.

I'm a little spoiled in that my reps have actually rep'ed me, to however low avail.

I'm not sure my emailing Richardson - who I assume already agrees with me - matters -----

we need to pinpoint where to address our concerns to make a difference.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:30 pm
<elbows lilk>

She sounds like an organizer!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:35 pm
<nods and winks at Lash>

So, Osso, what's your grande plan?

I was thinking about emailing those few people in my address book - or those who might care enough to write to their email contacts.....
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:31 am
I emailed a couple of Louisiana friends to see if they are up on this or if they know of any grassroots movements we can join.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 07:52 pm
Thanks Mac!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 07:38 pm
NPR did a bit on this story this evening. They said that the state is still investigating, that the second coroner's report concluded with the first about the details, but didn't conclude that it was a suicide. Also, they said, and had interviewees say, that the truck had been sprayed down with a foaming agent and then cleaned off....... I'll look for a link to audio.

NPR done good: there is audio and text as well as photos.....

NPR on Mayor-Elect Washington
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 07:51 pm
That's great, lilk.

I'm just thankful a decent investigation will be done--(it appears).

I'll delete my sig. And for anyone who quietly contacted someone about this ...(<squeezes your hand>)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:10 pm
Thanks, littlek.

Dang. How could the bullet not be found, in a suicide?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:23 pm
Yeah, I, too, heard the NPR report on "All Things Considered" this evening. It was a pretty thorough reportorial job. But that was the first I'd heard of it, several days late. (Just ran across this thread two minutes ago. Thx for posting, Snood.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 10:36 pm
Oh, my grand plan here would be to email Richardson's office, why, just as a heads up.

I'm not so used to doing that, as I've been spoiled re personally knowing my reps (no virtue of mine, my husband and I knew a really good one, my xbusiness partner and then I knew another really good one. In both of those cases, my x and my business partner knew the later-government types before the office. They never needed to hear from me as they agreed already.

I'm just naturally against multiples of someone's concocted email - I think of it as future nostalgic cyberwaste.

I'd rather speak for myself and think it might be listened to a tad more, though I've doubts. Who can sustain a barage for the details?

Truth is, I don't know what is listened to. Some blogs really are, at least by blog viewers.

To getting to my congressperson? A regular old letter across the desk might be different.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 11:22 pm
osso,
there's a certain e. e. cummingsesque cadence about your latest posts.

Is it the spirit of the fruit, or the fruit of the spirit?
0 Replies