A SNOW-LESS Winter in Bahstin...

patiodog

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:27 am
@Region Philbis,
We've had about a foot, probably, but it's also been absurdly warm. About 50 degrees yesterday, and the grass is showing through in my entire backyard except on the north side of the garage.

Drove around with the windows down yesterday, and had doors open to air out my house and the ex's apartment. Very, very strange.
sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:46 am
@patiodog,
So strange.

It was 60 (60!!) yesterday, and sunny, and exactly what I needed, weather-wise. The week before I was pretty far into the SAD dumps and had to do some conscious things to get out of it, like buy a bouquet of fresh flowers in bright colors. (Seems trite, but actually helps.) After a couple of hours of sun and warmth yesterday I felt so much better.

But, holy crap, it's January! (It was yesterday anyway.) Ain't right.

Daffodils are poking out and I scold them everytime I see them. "No! Too early! Get back in there!"
patiodog

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:56 am
@sozobe,
Yeah, some of my bulbs started to come up about three weeks or so ago. Flores estupidos.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 03:36 pm
@patiodog,
70 degrees in Charlottesville. We had the doors at the shop open today.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 04:49 pm
@realjohnboy,

the mercury here hit 59°F today...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 02:31 pm
It is snowing hard in Virginia, but I think the ground and the roads will fight back to keep there from being any accumulation here in Charlottesville.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 02:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
The grass in the yard and fields and the bushes have surrendered. The asphalt will fight on.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 03:00 pm
@realjohnboy,

sorry to hear.
46°F + sunny in beautiful brighton MA...
jespah

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 04:32 pm
@Region Philbis,
M'Dad reports that there is one lonely (and stupid) crocus coming up in their yard (they live on Long Island).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:37 am

messy commute home tomorrow for the last day in february.
light shite-shite turning to rain overnight, and then maybe back to powder on thursday.
some areas north and west could get up to 5" or so...
Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:45 am
@Region Philbis,
I don't know about you or your weather forecasters; but, around these parts I have had to start waiting until something actually happens before I can believe the fools they have doing the weather report.

In the afternoon, at about 3 or 4 they will say it's 40 degrees, they will then say it's going up to 35.

When it comes to precipitation they aren't too different. As sheets of rain flood the tristate area, with a camera showing the outside, they says it's cloudy with drizzle in a few spots.

Maybe tomorrow to cut the risk (and to ensure sunny warm weather) you should stay home and put plywood over the windows and sprinkle salt on the floors outside.

Whatever the weather ends up being, commute safely (driving or walking or however you get there and back). Ice and slush are not fun.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:34 pm
Quote:
Local Weather Alert
Winter Storm Watch for Suffolk, MA

Issued by The National Weather Service
Boston, MA
Tue, Feb 28, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Local Radar Map
Updated Feb 28, 2012, 6:20pm ESTWeather in Motion® | Enlarge Map Get WeatherReadyPrepare for Winter Storms
Keep Safe During the Storm
Driving in Snow & Ice
Are You at Risk For Winter Storms?
Get Live Traffic Reports
... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

* LOCATIONS... SOUTH CENTRAL AND MUCH OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 4 TO 6 INCHES WITH A LIGHT COATING OF ICE.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN BETWEEN 1 AND 3 PM WEDNESDAY AND SHOULD BE HEAVY FOR A TIME THROUGH THE EVENING COMMUTE. SNOW WILL BECOME LIGHTER WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND MAY MIX WITH... OR CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. A WINTRY MIX MAY LINGER INTO THURSDAY.
(weathah channel)
jespah

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:24 pm
@Region Philbis,
Come home 'n I'll keep ya warm.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:25 pm
@jespah,
jeez. I forgot about winter already.

we have thunderstorminess today. and I'm gonna hafta mow soon...
jespah

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:44 pm
@Rockhead,
I read that as you'd have to move soon and I'm thinkin', it rains pretty much everywhere, dude, so where ya gonna go?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:46 pm
@jespah,
yeah, but it doesn't rain anywhere else quite like it does here...

signed,

toto.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 12:06 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Come home 'n I'll keep ya warm.

Ooooh, I'm gonna tell his wife!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 05:39 am
@Butrflynet,

we always joke about my other wife and her other husband...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 05:42 am

that rather pitiful amount of snow we got last night has since been obliterated by rain...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2012 07:58 am
we finally got some snow

but none of it made it downtown