A SNOW-LESS Winter in Bahstin...

Linkat

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 12:30 pm
Just a light dusting - didn't even accumulate to an inch, but it sure did look pretty and the kids loved that it snowed.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 03:20 pm
It finally really looks (and feels) like winter!

We had a good snow over the weekend, it stuck and everything. Pretty wet though. I was debating whether I should even shovel because it seemed sure to melt soon, but went ahead and did it.

SO glad I did.

Got much colder, then some sleet, then more snow. We've had 2-3 additional dustings on top of the original snow -- it's probably ~5 inches deep in some places (like on grass and in the shade), though concrete and tarmac that were shoveled after the original have stayed clear. We did a bunch of sledding in our backyard (!) and built a big 'ol snowcat (might post pictures later if one turns out).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 05:25 pm
Tomorrow no snow, but temp with wind chill will be 10 - 20 below zero. My daughter has a field trip. Believe it or not they are still having it and for part of it they will be outdoors. All the kids will look like the boy from Christmas story.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:47 pm
Dayum! We don't even have outdoor recess if it gets below 20 degrees.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 05:02 am
Per the Weather Channel:
Quote:
Wind Chill Advisory

/O.CON.KBOX.WC.Y.0001.070126T1000Z- 070126T1500Z/ HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT- WINDHAM CT-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA- WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA- EASTERN HAMPDEN MA- SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA- SUFFOLK MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS... UNION... VERNON...PUTNAM... WILLIMANTIC...FRAMINGHAM...LOWELL... LAWRENCE... GLOUCESTER...SPRINGFIELD... MILFORD...WORCESTER...FOXBORO... NORWOOD...CAMBRIDGE...BOSTON... FOSTER...SMITHFIELD 330 AM EST FRI JAN 26 2007
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS MORNING...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS MORNING.

AIR TEMPERATURES FALLING TO BETWEEN 0 AND 5 ABOVE WILL COMBINE WITH GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH...WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH...TO PRODUCE WIND CHILL VALUES FROM 15 TO 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO THIS MORNING. FROSTBITE CAN DEVELOP IN JUST 30 MINUTES WITH A WIND CHILL INDEX OF -20. IF YOU ARE HEADING OUTDOORS...DRESS IN LAYERS AND WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN THE WIND CHILL INDEX IS LIKELY TO REACH -15 TO -24 DEGREES FOR AT LEAST 3 HOURS.

Bundle, bundle some more, and then bundle again even if you think that you can't bundle any more.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 07:45 am
littlek wrote:
Dayum! We don't even have outdoor recess if it gets below 20 degrees.

Fortunately they decided against having their lunches outside on the picnic benches like what was originally planned.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:36 am
Now ( 2 mins ago) WE finally got some snow, too

http://i11.tinypic.com/2a7bpsy.jpg
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 08:42 am
Yep. Finally, winter here in Phillytown as well. Snow almost everyday for a week, though not enough to make much of an impression. It's 10 degrees outside today (fahrenheit, not celsius). My eyeballs are frozen.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:13 am
Bitter cold here in the Poconos. The bird feeders are very active--and all the birds have puffed out their feathers for maximum insulation. The tufted titmice and the cardinals are wearing their crests close to their skulls this morning.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:53 am
Looking to get some relief from today's icy cold temperatures? Take a trip to Anchorage, Alaska or even the North Pole.
Both locations today are expected to reach a balmy 25 and 10.5 degrees, respectively, compared to Boston's expected high of 10 degrees.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:57 am
the bedroom window was completely frosted over this morning.
that's never happened before.

usually we get a little bit, due to the humidifier running all night...
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 12:33 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
the bedroom window was completely frosted over this morning.
that's never happened before.

usually we get a little bit, due to the humidifier running all night...

Anything else you want to share with us?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 04:33 pm
yes.

as i think of junk, i will post it here...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 06:06 pm
*&^%$ ($@#^ *^%$@O, it's FREEZING out there!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 06:46 pm
It is my understanding, from listening to the radio, that Boston is a bit nippy right now. I suppose if I were there I might have to toss on a light windbreaker.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 09:23 pm
Walking outside for 4 seconds made my teeth hurt. I got a headstart on experiencing this cold, when last week I was in VT and it was less than zero in the morning.

Remind me, why the hell am I here again?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 10:48 pm
family?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:00 pm
brrrrr! It is a little coolish. I think I'll have to put a shirt on. Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:09 pm
And I'm considering a third pair of socks.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2007 11:13 pm
If I post a pic of my bare chest will you post a pic of yours?
0 Replies