The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:44 pm
@jcboy,
I have that on VHS and also on DVD. One of my favorite movies of all time.
jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
I couldn't find it in any store, then found it on amazon! The original is the best, I could have ordered it in color but I wanted the old black and white version.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:49 pm
Was glad to know that many of you are enjoying this Holiday Season. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR - WITH MANY MORE WITH HEALTH AND PROSPERITY.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:54 pm
@jcboy,
My version has both b&w and color. I prefer b&w myself.
0 Replies

thefasninja1

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 06:44 am
It was "Molan"
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:34 am
If anybody wants a spooky ghost story for Christmas click here to see WHISTLE AND I'LL COME TO YOU
A professor finds an old penny whistle in the sand dunes bearing the inscription "Whistle and i'll come to you"..
(PS- if you click the link at the bottom it'll take you to youtube where you can watch it fullscreen)

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 01:24 pm
@jcboy,
That's my favorite version of "A Christmas Carol"!

Tomorrow, I'll be watching, "A Christmas Story"--I watch it every Christmas, and I never get tired of it, I love, love, love this movie.
http://www.redriderleglamps.com/images/products/magnets.jpg
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 04:13 pm
@firefly,
That's another one of my favorites, we don't own it but if I happen to see it in a store it's ours! Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 04:42 pm
@jcboy,
Watched While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman - filmed in Chicago. Made me homesick for Chicago.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 04:53 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

We watched "Prisoners" earlier this week. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackman. I found the film stressful and pulse pounding. I don't think I would want to see it if my life was in the dumper at the time, but it twists and turns and definitely is a chilling story.

Hey gb - I was just getting ready to watch this movie on demand. Could you expound a little on what you mean by "wouldn't watch it if my life was in the dumper"?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:20 am
Watched tonight last years Oscar winning film for best documentary, Searching for Sugar Man. Definitely deserved its accolades and critical praise.

I hope that Sixto Rodriguez and his family are now getting compensated for the sale of Rodriguez's present day album sales.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:55 am
@snood,
Saw HEAT with Sandra Bullock. Funny, in a grossmouth kinda way. It was Eddie Murphy with PMS
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 01:06 am
@farmerman,
Heat was kind of funny. Much better then Bridesmaids, Paul Feig's last (a bit overrated) film.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Bed of Roses with Christian Slater and Mary Stuart Masterson. It's about first love with great supporting casts that brings the warmth of the holiday season and family together.
0 Replies

jabeen100

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:46 am
In threatres: Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
On DVD: The Nightmare Before Christmas
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 09:03 am
@jabeen100,
jabeen100 wrote:

In threatres: Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

My deepest condolences Mr. Jabeen. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 06:48 pm
Watched Beckett which I saw in its theatrical release when I was 17. Got more out of the script (I'm sure) than I did then. Found the movie a little too Lawrence Olivier for my current taste. Hated the sweeping cloaks and the sounding trumpets. Thought the peasants were disrespectfully represented. Loved it when the actor playing the Bishop of London told Henry he thought of him as a "perpetual adolescent."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 09:46 pm
@snood,
Snood, I sent you a PM explaining my comment. Hope it helps.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:05 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm watching GHOST with patrick swayze and demi moore. Had to go to snooze land early last night because we had to drop our son off at the airport at 6:30am. Will finish it tonight. I'm going to look for the four separate stories of this movie.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Clicking thru the channels yesterday I found "Inglorious Bastards", I've probably seen it 6 times. It's a wonderful revenge fantasy and some terrific performances. Ok, it's violent but it holds my interest. I love hearing the switch from German to French to English and a little Italian.