The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Lash

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:08 pm
I'm completely addicted to The Office---rent episodes constantly.

No Country for Old Men---interesting. I suggest it.

Brad Pitt's Jesse James movie--I didn't like it.

Woody Allen's Matchpoint-- I really liked it.

August Rush--It's formulaic, sentimental, and rests heavily on the cutes of a child actor...I was covered in chillbumps when it was over. (I liked it...shhh)

Has anyone seen Denzel's mob movie?? (Excited)
0 Replies

VaneEnglish

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 12:28 pm
i saw full metal jacket by kubrick, (REALLY GOOD) and saw Good Fellas (scorcese)..... i recommend them both
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 10:47 am
Sophia Sholl-- (Recounts the last six days of a young female, caught by the Third Reicht. A really great movie to me.) In German.
Twisted-- Murder mystery from cop's viewpoint...A bit like "In the Cut". Liked it. Ashley Judd, Sam L.
P.S.-- Laura Linney, the 70's Show kid, Gabriel Byrne... A bit weird, but still better than average to me.
Mr. Brooks-- Wow! I can't STAND Kevin Costner, but he was outstanding in this. An incredibly tight script (my opinion), superb acting (William Hurt!!!) Demi Moore.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:09 am
VaneEnglish wrote:
i saw full metal jacket by kubrick, (REALLY GOOD) and saw Good Fellas (scorcese)..... i recommend them both

Goodfellas - my favorite film of all time.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:10 am
Saw the Russell Brand stand up comedy DVD last night and laughed so much I spat all over my fella.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:12 am
Lash wrote:

August Rush--It's formulaic, sentimental, and rests heavily on the cutes of a child actor...I was covered in chillbumps when it was over. (I liked it...shhh)

LOVE the Office Lash. Do you mean the British one? Got both series and watch them all the time. That's my hangover telly. Not seen the US version.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:24 am
Last night I watched Farenheit 451

this version
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:30 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Lash wrote:

LOVE the Office Lash. Do you mean the British one? Got both series and watch them all the time. That's my hangover telly. Not seen the US version.

I tried the British version--and although the star--(blocking on his name) is scream worthy--I really like the US version. I think they both contain a degree of regional humor that makes me miss a bit of the Brit show. The Dwight/Jim relationship cracks me up...and there is a sweet little romance...
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:36 am
I saw Idiocracy (2006) and found it hilarious, especially in the small stupid details.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 03:05 am
Apart from the above I saw a whole bunch of harmless (teen) comedies (teen daughter made those choices, of course), such as:
- Lovewrecked (Cotton candy)
- Slap her, she's French! (Title from the "Freedom Fries" period)
- Phat girlz (Interesting)
- She's the Man (Cotton candy again, but funnier)
- Imagine Me and You (lighthearted lesbian romance)

And then I also saw:
- Pride and Prejudice (2005; Unfortunately this film does not even come close to the brilliance of the subtle 1995 mini-series. Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen fail to express the electricity that existed between Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. )
- l'Auberge espagnole (2002, quite amusing drama-comedy about international students in Barcelona.)
- Unearthed (2007, Here called Deep Fear, an utterly crappy horror movie)
- Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo (2005, bawdy beyond belief, but the randiness overshadows the humour)
- Paper Soldiers (2003, Can't decide between comedy and drama)
- Living High (2006, Dopehead comedy that could be funnier)
- Joe Dirt (2001, Slightly off the beaten track)

Headin' for the DVD store again (Dang, it was a video store like only yesterday, bro!) while my vacation lasts.
0 Replies

VaneEnglish

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:03 pm
i watched "50 first dates" with adam sandler Laughing so funny
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 06:40 pm
Saw "Sex & the City" yesterday. It was a little too long and just okay. I could have waited for the dvd.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:34 am
The Dog Problem---with Giovanni Ribisi and a dog. I thought it was a cute diversion.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:22 pm
I just watched Perfume. Liked it...
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:29 pm
Young Frankemstein is on TV land right now.

It's too hot outside to enjoy spring.

Rap
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:18 am
Michael Clayton- I thought that the movie was well crafted, but there was one glaring flaw. How the hell did Michael know exactly who it was who was causing all the mayhem? Did I fall asleep, and miss some clues? It all came out of left field for me!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 08:21 am
No Counrty For Old Men.

Wow. This film was brilliant.

Cool gun.

Not keen on the ending though.
0 Replies

dameger

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 12:18 pm
S4E16 of Numb3rs on BTV
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:51 am
License to wed. Seven out of ten.
Also borrowed but haven't viewed:"No Reservations", and "1408". Any reviews?
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 09:15 am
I saw recently:
- Auf der anderen Seite (2007, very good German film. I could not believe it when I found out the old lady was Hanna Schygulla, whom I remembered as the eternally young Maria Braun!)
- White Chicks (2004, totally pointless comedy)
- Elf (2003, even more insipid Xmas comedy)
- Eternal Sunset of the Spotless Mind (2004, Brilliant and moving film. I saw it more or less by accident, because the Finnish title is nothing remotely reminiscent of the English one and they had it on the comedy shelves, for Carrey's sake! Had been wanting to see it for a long time and it was no disappointment.)
0 Replies