The Idiot's Guide to The Super Bowl Game Game

CowDoc

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 03:32 pm
I'm pretty sure that there really is only one Salmon. Thank God!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:11 am
Does it seem to anyone else that the SuperBowl hype is at an all-time low?
Not that I'm complaining...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 10:54 am
The wait for Sunday's game has been tedious. I have been working out different scenarios on automated 3D technology that I have at home. My prediction remains the same: Colts 28 Bears 24.

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/elecfootball2.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 06:15 pm
Glad to see you've kept on the leading edge of technology, wandeljw!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:13 pm
I posted "Bears 24, Colts 21", but the system failed at that moment.

I take that as an omen.

So now I post, officially: Colts 24, Bears 21.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:37 pm
Thanks, Fbaezer, for your pick, I was kind of wondering where you were.

I am still looking for Chiso and Cjhsa and I am genuinely worried about JPinMilw who seems to have disappeared from A2K.

22 picks so far. We are 12 to 10 in choosing Indy.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
Folks, it is getting to be last call. Any A2K member who can get through the Critical Errors is invited to submit a vote on the outcome of the game Sunday evening between the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts.

All you need do do is predict the final score. The deadline is when the kickoff of the game occurs.

Please join us.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:44 pm
Usually Glenn Beck plays "Moron Trivia" on the Fridays preceeding important game. My question is, is a Superbowl between Chicago and Indianapolis an important game?

Living so close to Baltimore, Im sure the Baltimore fans would like to see these scum sukkin dirtbag Colts get tosssed around like a midget in a biker bar.
AND Chicago is a rather large city I hear. I wasnt aware that they had any professional sports teams.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:46 pm
OH yeh 'CHICAGO 85
Colts -3
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
tosssed around like a midget in a biker bar.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:59 pm
farmerman wrote:
tosssed around like a midget in a biker bar.

Um, what can I say? midgets? Biker bars?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 09:11 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked Soz! Shocked

Confused

Sorry Bill!!

Obviously if it were Bears/ Packers it'd be a different story. But the Bears were my team before the Packers were... (I had a wicked 3-way loyalty thing going on my first couple of years in Wisconsin, Vikings-Bears-Packers [someone was always mad at me], started to skew towards the Packers in Majik years and then by the time Brett was a starter, I was hooked.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 09:37 pm
On the basis of one 100 word artical in my daily newspaper and my extensive technical knowledge of your game. Now one thing every sports mad aussie knows is that if you cant actually play the game the next best thing is to find a connection. no matter how tenuouse....

Colts will win

AFL kicking technique helps colts punter

February 2, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS Colts punter Hunter Smith admits he has borrowed a kicking technique from the AFL (Australian football league) to help his team in Monday's Super Bowl.

In a sign of the growing influence of Australians on the National Football League punting, Smith said a technique learned from former West Coast and Melbourne AFL player Darren Bennett changed his career.

"One thing I did pick up from Darren Bennett when he was the punter for San Diego, I picked up the end-over-end, Aussie-rules-style punt that you do in close situations," Smith told radio Sport 927 yesterday. "I picked that up, and it literally transformed my game."

The drop punt, the basic kicking style learnt by all AFL players, also has been a significant weapon for former Geelong player Ben Graham, now punting for the New York Jets. Graham and another Australian punter, Mat McBriar of the Dallas Cowboys, both helped their teams into the NFL play-offs this season.

McBriar, who led the NFL punting averages, was also selected for the end-of-season NFL Pro Bowl game.

Brad Maynard, whose Chicago Bears will play Indianapolis in the Super Bowl, said while it was too late in his punting career to learn new tricks, he would advise up-and-comers to study the Australians.

"If there was a young kid that wanted some advice, I might send him some tape of those two punters (Graham and McBriar) because they are excellent punters," Maynard said.

Former Collingwood and Kangaroos player Saverio Rocca is following the path from AFL to NFL laid by Bennett and Graham, having recently signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The 33-year-old now has to compete with veteran incumbent punter Dirk Johnson to nail a spot in the side for next season. While Rocca has a prodigious kick, Smith said there were other attributes needed to make a successful conversion.

"Kicking the ball is one thing, catching it and getting it off all in a very short amount of time is another thing," Smith said.
------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:16 pm
sozobe wrote:
Sorry Bill!!
My bad. I always forget that you are not an original Wisconsinite... and that it was the superiority of our schools rather than our clearly superior Football team that brought you here. :wink: You are, of course, forgiven.

Go Brett!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:24 pm
even I am for the Bears, though I admit it's almost forgone they'll lose. I'm familiar, somewhat, with Wisconsin, am sort of over it for Green Bay (remember my teenage crush), but might be for them against, oh, say, Tennessee.

Since I decided, with many qualms, on the Bears, you can rest in the glory that the Colts will win, as night follows day, as I seem to carry a certain evil flick of the wing when I vote.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:30 pm
Is this the headquarters for the Bears?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:49 pm
YES!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:51 pm
Gee, that was rather effulgent..
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:54 pm
Which quarterback has the highest winning percentage at Soldier Field again?
OOOOOOOOOOOOh yeah. Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 08:40 am
Take me out to the Bear game . . .
0 Replies