It's Done....He's Hanged

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:32 am
Well, at least we know he was hung!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:44 am
I have to admit it, Lord Ell, I saw it too.

Actually, I didn't go looking for it, but when somebody presented a link, I went to it.

What happened is history, for better or worse. I also wanted to see if the hanging was at least executed properly, with death coming instantaneously. The poor quality of the tape prevented knowing that for sure.

For what it is worth, I oppose capital punishment, but only because I don't trust a jury to come to the correct verdict 100% of the time, meaning that it is inevitable that people are executed who simply did not do the murder. I opposed Saddam's trial on the basis that it seemed to be the US government's idea, not the Iraqis' idea.

But history is history, and I went to the site.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:50 am
Vanitty wrote:
There is no direct proof of Saddam's death. The cell phone video only shows a rope around his neck from the shoulders up. Where is the real footage?

Where do you suppose they would put they put the rope?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 04:17 am
JPB wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Also, as the president stated numerous times, the invasion was primarily motivated by a sense that if Hussein had merely taken his former WMD development programs further underground, it might soon spell a catastrophe for the world.

That's a mighty if, Brandon. We now have 3,000 dead American soldiers and more than 22,000 wounded. Soldiers who have served multiple tours in Afghanistan and been discharged from the military are now being recalled for additional tours to Iraq. All on an if and what that if might soon spell?

No, it was just an "if," since he had indeed once had such programs and attempted to conceal them from inspectors. Based on what was known at the moment of invasion, he might well have merely hidden them better. One single nuke of the sort a country like Iraq might realistically produce could kill hundreds of thousands of people. A nuclear Hussein, or one with serious bioweapons might have come to dominate a big piece of the middle east.

JPB wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
It will certainly happen many more times in the future that an odious dictator, with or without a friendly relationship to terrorists, is trying to develop WMD, but that information about it is sketchy. Saddam Hussein was not a unique case, but the tip of the forthcoming iceberg. We'd better decide how we plan to handle it, because it's going to keep happening.

Well, we certainly got it wrong this time. Just for grins, let's try something else next time. This is about American lives being lost over sketchy info on what odious folks are doing. How 'bout getting up close and personal, with or without nose plugs?

I'm not sure what you're suggesting, but the only sense in which we got it wrong this time was not anticipating the insurgency. Invasion was necessary based on the real possibility that Iraq still had those programs. If, indeed, the next time this happens we don't invade, and an awful, ambitious dictator, friendly to terrorists, gains access to nukes, it could be the worst event in modern history. For example, New York might be obliterated as part of the series of resultant events.

JPB wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
If they proliferate to everyone who wants them, they will certainly eventually be used.

Then maybe we should pay a little more attention to not pissing off everyone who wants them to the point where they'd rather see us as part of mushroom cloud fallout. What do you suggest Brandon? Or do you think we've actually accomplished something positive in our efforts to thwart the potential for boogie-men everywhere from getting their hands on WMD?

Whether we piss people off or not, if WMD proliferate widely, the world is headed back to the stone age, or at least to the greatest catastrophe since the bubonic plague. When dozens of countries have nukes, particularly small, unstable dictatorships, they will certainly be used. How do you figure this real possibility of doomsday is a "boogie-man ?"
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 04:18 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Saddam had to die, he knew too much. Of course, like everything else in Iraq, the Americans have botched the manner of getting rid of him.

Oh well there's always Ahmadinejad to hang in 2007.

And if that doesnt work hang Saddam's daughters.

The people of Iraq hanged him for one of the numerous crimes against humanity of which he was guilty.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:04 am
Saddam is currently on Leso island with the real Paul McCartney, Elvis ,Osama Bin Laden and a variety of virgin girls, young boys, and exotic transvestites eating peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwiches, smoking dope and drinking tropical drinks.

C'mon folks, we can't prove it, but in your heart you know, as I do, that it's true.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:14 am
They should have just released him to Dearborn.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:07 pm
cjhsa wrote:
They should have just released him to Dearborn.

And they should set Bush down in Al Anbar Province, without Secret Service or military protection.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:39 pm
The wolf is my guiding spirit animal xingu, the difference between us is that mine isn't lost.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 03:58 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
Saddam had to die, he knew too much. Of course, like everything else in Iraq, the Americans have botched the manner of getting rid of him.

The people of Iraq hanged him for one of the numerous crimes against humanity of which he was guilty.
Not true. He was hung by Sadr's men and it was not for crimes against humanity.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

Not true. He was hung by Sadr's men and it was not for crimes against humanity.

He was tried in an Iraqi court for ordering the killings of scores of Shiite Muslims in the city of Dujail in 1982, one of numerous crimes against humanity of which he was certainly guilty. He was given a lawyer to argue his case, and the trial was not unduly rushed. After being convicted, he was given an appeal. This is infinitely more justice than he showed to his numerous victims. If you believe that he was convicted of a crime he was innocent of, please say so clearly.

Incidentally, grammatically speaking, an object is hung. A person is hanged.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 06:48 pm
Brandon I'm sure that at this moment Saddam is being sodomized by a thorn cocked demon who ejaculates molten sand and brass.... let this delicious thought comfort and soothe your fevered brow... Happy New Year.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 06:58 pm
Amazing how many fools think the United States tried or hung him. Rolling Eyes Blame America no matter what, right?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 07:06 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Amazing how many fools think the United States tried or hung him. Rolling Eyes Blame America no matter what, right?

wouldn't you conservatives be congratulating America for hanging him?

Bill, you're a smart guy so is Brandon for that matter but please please please lay off on the all of a sudden bush had nothing to do with Saddams trial or execution.

When he was captured you( the group you, the bush supporter war supporter you) were running around crowing about how America caught him and your dicks were as hard as chinese arithmetic. Now suddenly when bush and his followers are out of favor and worried about even more dramatic political losses we are divorced from the trial and execution that naturally follow his capture. Get real would ya?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 07:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

wouldn't you conservatives be congratulating America for hanging him?

Bill, you're a smart guy so is Brandon for that matter but please please please lay off on the all of a sudden bush had nothing to do with Saddams trial or execution.

When he was captured you( the group you, the bush supporter war supporter you) were running around crowing about how America caught him and your dicks were as hard as chinese arithmetic. Now suddenly when bush and his followers are out of favor and worried about even more dramatic political losses we are divorced from the trial and execution that naturally follow his capture. Get real would ya?
I was quite happy indeed when Saddam was caught. That doesn't change the easily verified FACT that the Iraqis tried, convicted and hung the bastard... which for the record; I think was a very good thing. I would be equally pleased had the United States done it, but the simple FACT is they didn't.

Ps. Why would Chinese arithmetic be hard?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 07:20 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

Incidentally, grammatically speaking, an object is hung. A person is hanged.

Roxxxy would sleep with a well hung rodent.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:34 pm
BpB:

Quote:
When he was captured you( the group you, the bush supporter war supporter you) were running around crowing about how America caught him and your dicks were as hard as chinese arithmetic.

ROTFLMFHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:38 pm
Laughing Laughing

oh GOD..... I think i wet myself. ..

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:42 pm
Have I got this right? I understood that Saddam was handed over to the Iraqis by the US just one hour before he was executed. That rather sounds like he was in US custody till the end.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
msolga wrote:
Have I got this right? I understood that Saddam was handed over to the Iraqis by the US just one hour before he was executed. That rather sounds like he was in US custody till the end.

Yep. Oddly, he wasn't very popular among Iraqis.
0 Replies